PDA

View Full Version : 2 Dead, 2 Injured by RCMP This Weekend

DiabeticKripple
08-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Lets see if we can keep this thread on track this time. If it starts to turn into the other thread ill ask the mods to delete it.

So one shot dead in Pigeon Lake, and one wounded. Sounds like there was 5 guys in the car and they tried to beat the lone officer. There is a video of the incident.

Then one Leduc guy was tasered and killed at a gas station.

And the Man tracker dude that was shot and injured in Grande Cache.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/touch/news/crime-and-justice/following+separate+RCMP+incidents+Tasered+other/8748100/story.html?rel=841484

So when people were being **** by the RCMP, everyone called for them to taser instead. So now this one guy is tasered and killed and some people want them to use their batons now.

What a weekend!

Off in the Bushes
08-04-2013, 05:51 PM
This is a very interesting TED Talk about non lethal force
http://www.ted.com/talks/stephen_coleman_the_moral_dangers_of_non_lethal_we apons.html

Big Daddy Badger
08-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Lets see if we can keep this thread on track this time. If it starts to turn into the other thread ill ask the mods to delete it.

So one shot dead in Pigeon Lake, and one wounded. Sounds like there was 5 guys in the car and they tried to beat the lone officer. There is a video of the incident.

Then one Leduc guy was tasered and killed at a gas station.

And the Man tracker dude that was shot and injured in Grande Cache.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/touch/news/crime-and-justice/following+separate+RCMP+incidents+Tasered+other/8748100/story.html?rel=841484

So when people were being **** by the RCMP, everyone called for them to taser instead. So now this one guy is tasered and killed and some people want them to use their batons now.

What a weekend!

Batons killed folks as well.
But... a bit less often I think.

Glad that cop has a video of the shooting though.
5 on 1... sounds like he needed that equalizer.

Kind of a crazy long weekend.
People seem especially ignorant out there right now... driving is horrid.

FishingMOM
08-04-2013, 07:12 PM
If you're stupid enough to try to fight with an officer you get whatever is dished back at ya.

If there weren't so many people who completely disrespected the laws of our land our police officers would not feel the need to defend themselves in such a manner.

Calling the police officers names, getting confrontational, being aggressive is not the way to behave. If you want your say, you get your day in court, that is the only time you can behave like a donkey. Even there it will not be tolerated, however if the judge feels that the officer was out of line the charges against you will be dropped.

Try using common sense when you are interacting with each other.

FishingMOM
08-04-2013, 07:18 PM
A perfect example of an alberta resident being a donkey!

Edmonton – An Alberta man is facing a number charges including attempted murder of an RCMP officer.

According to Peace Regional RCMP, a constable attempted to pull over an alleged impaired driver on Wednesday but the driver fled. When the constable followed the fleeing vehicle, he was allegedly fired at by the person inside the vehicle. The constable returned fire, however, neither the accused nor the officer were struck. The alleged impaired driver was later found near Cadotte lake which is approximately 480 kilometres north west of Edmonton.

29-year-old Rodney Ominayak of Little Buffalo, Alberta is facing 13 charges in connection to the police chase, including attempted murder, failing to stop for a police officer, impaired driving, and driving while disqualified.

1000yards
08-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Going to be alot of paper work to do on tuesday!

Big Daddy Badger
08-04-2013, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=FishingMOM;2064206]If you're stupid enough to try to fight with an officer you get whatever is dished back at ya.

If there weren't so many people who completely disrespected the laws of our land our police officers would not feel the need to defend themselves in such a manner.

Calling the police officers names, getting confrontational, being aggressive is not the way to behave. If you want your say, you get your day in court, that is the only time you can behave like a donkey. Even there it will not be tolerated, however if the judge feels that the officer was out of line the charges against you will be dropped.

They do not grow wings and don halos just because they have a badge.
It is wrong to assume that the police are always right; although, in this instance it would appear that they were.

It is also wrong presume that they should be empowered to reacte violently to verbal confrontation or slights.

RandyBoBandy
08-04-2013, 08:12 PM
:party0052:[QUOTE=FishingMOM;2064206]If you're stupid enough to try to fight with an officer you get whatever is dished back at ya.

It is wrong to assume that the police are always right; although, in this instance it would appear that they were.

It is also wrong presume that they should be empowered to reacte violently to verbal confrontation or slights.

BuckCuller
08-04-2013, 08:13 PM
God el sort em out.
I try to be as nice as possible in hopes they reduce my ticket.
Works for me.

FishingMOM
08-04-2013, 08:15 PM
:party0052:

I didnt write your second quote, that is BDB

If you're stupid enough to try to fight with an officer you get whatever is dished back at ya.

Calling the police officers names, getting confrontational, being aggressive is not the way to behave. If you want your say, you get your day in court, that is the only time you can behave like a donkey. Even there it will not be tolerated, however if the judge feels that the officer was out of line the charges against you will be dropped.[/I]

Highcountry
08-04-2013, 09:04 PM
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/touch/story.html?id=8747793

I found out who was involved in the ma me o incident and there is more info on the link above. These are some bad dudes and it dosnt suprise me that the officer would have had to defend himself. I am local here at pigeon and its not a coffee and donuts type of job for the police that work those parts

bird_dog
08-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Should have shot them all...

FishingMOM
08-04-2013, 09:12 PM

I found out who was involved in the ma me o incident and there is more info on the link above. These are some bad dudes and it dosnt suprise me that the officer would have had to defend himself. I am local here at pigeon and its not a coffee and donuts type of job for the police that work those parts

My favourite quotes..........
Sound like men we should all have invited into our homes...... NOT!

Family members have said the dead man is Lance Cutarm, whose lengthy criminal record includes a manslaughter conviction in Edmonton. The injured man is his older brother Larron. they said.

“He was a really nice guy and always with his family,” Wayne Cutarm said of his late cousin.

Lance had been convicted of manslaughter in 2001 for the stabbing death of 18-year-old Michael Coutereille. Lance burst into an Eastwood fourplex on Sept. 5, 1999, looking for members of Redd Alert, an aboriginal gang.

Coutereille, who lived in another suite, was a Good Samaritan who went to see what the commotion was about and was stabbed.

Both Larry and Larron were convicted in 1994 of aggravated assault in the beating death of 32-year-old Charles Rowan of Wetaskiwin. The original charge was second-degree murder.

Bear Ballz
08-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Hard to believe they were locals!?:thinking-006:

bird_dog
08-04-2013, 09:16 PM
^^^^Yeah that's what I though, sounds like a REALLY nice guy.

hal53
08-04-2013, 09:19 PM
pretty sad that a cop has to be working alone on a Saturday night long weekend in that neck of the woods, at least he came out okay.....

Pincherguy
08-04-2013, 09:26 PM
I really don't have a lot of respect for the RCMP these days due to the High River thing. I have absolutely no respect for any of the dirt bags that break the law and think they can assault the keepers of the peace. Right or wrong on some of the decisions they make they are still representatives of the law and should be treated as such. I personally know a couple of RCMP officers and for the most part their hands are tied when handling these would be gangsters. One guy I know was stationed in Yellow Knife years ago. They were called to a bar fight in one of the local taverns. When they entered the bar a big guy with a knife attacked my friend, he defended himself and put the guy down and hand cuffed him. In the process of the arrest he broke the dirt bags finger. He was suspended for a week with out pay for using excessive force during the arrest. The guys was lucky it was my friend and not me, I would have shot the guy.

fretman57
08-04-2013, 09:33 PM

This officer was working alone and apparently investigating some chronic offenders. Police are hung out to dry working alone! Fat lot of good a dash cam is in a firefight and how do you call for back up when your hands are full? I don't think anybody should work alone these days whether you are an RCMP officer or a clerk at 7/11over night:sign0161:!

pickrel pat
08-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Guess one would have to be placed in a situation before one can talk..... Things change whem there is no time to think about it.... PERIOD.

slivers86
08-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Sounds like a tough weekend for the RCMP.
I would agree with an earlier post - its really too bad that the officer in the most recent incident was alone on a saturday night. Perhaps something that could be learnt from this event. Policing in Alberta needs more funding - they are too thinly stretched out.

A friend of mine is an RCMP officer in Rural Central AB. He and one other officer cover an area multiple times larger than the area of Calgary. When they are at opposite ends of their zone, backup can be a long ways away.

Maybe one day things will be made right, until than the officers will be out numbered in a lot of cases, and unfortunately, being outnumbered 5:1 by grown men - they dont need weapons for the officer to draw his weapon - the numbers alone are a very dangerous, life threatening situation when they are volatile.

oilngas
08-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Hal did the RCMP used to use trained civilians as Auxilliary help in the car, sort of run the radio, act as back up when needed etc. I believe a friend of mine did that until they took away his tools to defend himself and the Cosnt. or am I mistaken??

Pincherguy
08-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Guess one would have to be placed in a situation before one can talk..... Things change whem there is no time to think about it.... PERIOD.

I think most of us would shoot first and ask questions later if we thought we or our loved ones were in eminent danger.

slivers86
08-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Hal did the RCMP used to use trained civilians as Auxilliary help in the car, sort of run the radio, act as back up when needed etc. I believe a friend of mine did that until they took away his tools to defend himself and the Cosnt. or am I mistaken??

They still do.
They are Peace Officers who do assist in the duties, just do not carry a firearm or tazer.
Great tool, at a lower cost to help keep officers safe. General Public probably wouldn't know the difference when they were in gear.

hal53
08-04-2013, 09:48 PM
I recall that, a bud of mine did it, IIRC correctly he wasn't allowed to be armed???, he spent more time, I think, doing weekend drunk tank watch??....

sailor
08-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Batons killed folks as well.
But... a bit less often I think.

Glad that cop has a video of the shooting though.
5 on 1... sounds like he needed that equalizer.

Kind of a crazy long weekend.
People seem especially ignorant out there right now... driving is horrid.

Can you share link for video please BDB?

gunseeker
08-04-2013, 10:48 PM
people need more respect these days

Pincherguy
08-04-2013, 10:50 PM
people need more respect these days

Your right, but people have no respect for themselves let alone anyone else

hal53
08-04-2013, 10:55 PM
We have no justice system, the azz hats know it, the cops know it , prepare for this to get more common, a cop isn't going to work to be taken out by a bunch of "family people" heading to a party at 10pm on a Saturday night, with rap sheets on all of them, I would shoot first, we are going the way of the USA, good, bad or indifferent, I have trouble blaming the RCMP

bird_dog
08-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Well, the officer did show restraint, he had 10 rounds I would imagine...

Ken07AOVette
08-04-2013, 10:59 PM
I don't speed, don't drink, definately don't drink and drive, don't break laws, don't do illegal narcotics, and have zero problem with the RCMP!

Funny how that works!

Play the game, put yourself in a bad situation, expect (life altering) consequences.

Pincherguy
08-04-2013, 11:01 PM
We have no justice system, the azz hats know it, the cops know it , prepare for this to get more common, a cop isn't going to work to be taken out by a bunch of "family people" heading to a party at 10pm on a Saturday night, with rap sheets on all of them, I would shoot first, we are going the way of the USA, good, bad or indifferent, I have trouble blaming the RCMP

I am with you Hal, a cop is not going to draw his weapon on the good guys.
If he is alone and feels for his safety or the safety of others he has the right to draw his weapon and shoot if necessary. That being said, being paranoid could cause the innocent being hurt.

hal53
08-04-2013, 11:03 PM
I am with you Hal, a cop is not going to draw his weapon on the good guys.
If he is alone and feels for his safety or the safety of others he has the right to draw his weapon and shoot if necessary. That being said, being paranoid could cause the innocent being hurt.
innocent won't get hurt , if they do as they are told, some people have trouble with that .......

Pincherguy
08-04-2013, 11:07 PM
innocent won't get hurt , if they do as they are told, some people have trouble with that .......

Right on, and the guilty should be ok if they decide to surrender and not fight.
Too bad it don't work that way.

pikergolf
08-04-2013, 11:17 PM

Yeah guys like Buddy Tavares had it coming.

kritz
08-04-2013, 11:29 PM
it is to bad , people are tough on the RCMP , the due have a job to due and it is always in the public eye, the rcmp need to be able to use force to deal with a lot of the people that are in question this weekend , most often than not the people involved in the shootings should realize that the acts they are doing could result in being strictly dealt with , sometimes that may result in being shot , a lot of people doing stupid things should think more about that , we should back and trust the people that we need to protect us.

Ken07AOVette
08-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Many of these guys were innocent too.
Most had families.
Some were women, with families.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/hon/lineduty-exerfonc/honour-honneur-roll-tableau-eng.htm

1 135 Sub. Cst. John Nash October 18, 1873 - March 11, 1876 Accidentally killed while on duty near Fort MacLeod.
2 409 Sub. Cst. George Mahoney May 3,1875 - June 19, 1877 Drowned when crossing the Red Deer River on patrol from Battleford to Fort Walsh, N.W.T.
3 335 Cst. Marmaduke Graburn June 9, 1879 - November 17, 1879 Murdered by person or persons unknown, thought to be Indians, while on duty near Fort Walsh, N.W.T.
4 181 Cst. Claudius S. Hooley June 15, 1875 - July 24, 1880 Drowned in the Belly River, while on patrol from Fort Walsh to Fort MacLeod, N.W.T.
5 957 (temp) Cst. Adam Wahl April 17, 1882 - May 25, 1882 Drowned while a new recruit in the Missouri River, USA, while en route with other recruits from Fort Toronto to Fort Walsh, N.W.T.
6 1003 Cst. Thomas James Gibson March 11, 1884 - March 26, 1885 Killed in the skirmish at Duck Lake, N.W.T., when half-breeds & Indians ambushed a party of Mounted Police & Prince Albert Volunteers.
7 852 Cst. George Knox Garrett July 4, 1882 - March 27, 1885 Died from wounds received during skirmish at Duck Lake, N.W.T.
8 1065 Cst. George Pearce Arnold August 11, 1884 - March 27, 1885 Died from wounds received during skirmish at Duck Lake, N.W.T.
9 635 Cst. David Latimer Cowan April 4, 1882 - April 15, 1885 Killed by Indians at Fort Pitt, N.W.T., while on scouting duty.
10 565 Cpl. Ralph Bateman Sleigh June 7, 1881 - May 2, 1885 Killed in the fight between the Government forces & the Indians at Cut Knife Hill, N.W.T.
11 402 Cst. Patrick Burke May 1, 1875 - May 3, 1885 Died from wounds received during the fight at Cut Knife Hill, N.W.T.
12 907 Cpl. William Hay Talbot Lowry June 7, 1883 - May 3, 1885 Died from wounds received during the fight at Cut Knife Hill, N.W.T.
13 973 Cst. Frank Orlando Elliott November 17, 1883 - May 14, 1885 Killed by Indians near Battleford, N.W.T., while on scout patrol.
14 487 Sgt. Albert Ernest Garland Montgomery September 22, 1880 - August 10, 1890 Died from injuries sustained when thrown off his horse, while on parade at Prince Albert - August 7th, 1890.
15 2439 Cst. George Quiqueran Rene Saveuse DeBeaujeu April 29, 1890 - September 8, 1890 Drowned in Lake Winnipeg when the Mounted Police boat capsized during a storm.
16 2162 Cpl. Harry Oliver Morphy June 14 1888 - September 9, 1890 Drowned in Lake Winnipeg when the Mounted Police boat capsized during a storm.
17 2086 Cst. William Tyrrell Reading April 10, 1888 - December 14, 1890 Died from injuries received at Calgary, when Supt. J.H. McIllre’s horse, which he was exercising, fell on him.
18 913 Cst. James Herron June 18, 1883 - March 2, 1891 Died during a blizzard near St. Mary’s River, while on patrol.
19 605 Sgt. Colin Campbell Colebrook October 16, 1881 - October 29, 1895 Killed by Amighty Voice, an escaped Cree Indian prisoner, Near Kinistino, N.W.T., while attempting to arrest him.
20 3100 Cst. Oscar Alexander Kern September 10, 1894 - April 27 1896 Drowned when fording Short Creek near Estevan, N.W.T., while on patrol.
21 857 Sgt. William Brock Wilde July 13, 1882 - November 10, 1896 Killed by Charcoal, alias Bad Young Man, a Blood Indian fugitive murderer, near Dry Forks, the Kootenai River, N.W.T., while attempting to arrest him.
22 3040 Cst. John Randolph Kerr April 14, 1894 - May 28, 1897 Killed at Minichinas Hills near Duck Lake, N.W.T., while attempting to apprehend Almighty Voice, the murderer of Sgt. Colebrook.
23 3106 Cpl. Charles Horne Sterling Hockin October 2, 1894 - May 29, 1897 Killed at Minichinas Hills near Duck Lake, N.W.T., while attempting to apprehend Almighty Voice, the murderer of Sgt. Colebrook.
24 2972 Cst. Norman Malcolm Campbell November 21, 1893 - December 26, 1901 Drowned in the Stikine River, Alaska, while on patrol from Northern British Columbia.
25 3463 Cst. Spencer Gilbert Heathcote January 1, 1900 - December 26, 1901 Drowned in the Stikine River, Alaska, while on patrol from Northern British Columbia.
26 not avail. S/Cst. Stick Sam ? - July 29, 1903 Drowned when fording Kaskawulsh River, Y.T., while on patrol from the Yukon’s Alsec River.
27 1102 S/Sgt. Arthur F.M. Brooke October 21, 1884 - September 26 , 1903 Drowned when fording the Bow River on the Blackfoot Reserve, N.W.T., while on patrol.
28 4152 Cst. Joseph Russell November 30, 1903 - July 5, 1905 Drowned in an inland lake near Cape Fullerton, Hudson Bay.
29 4119 Cst. Thomas Robert Jackson November 20, 1903 - June 8, 1906 Drowned when fording Six Mile Creek, while on patrol.
30 2836 Cpl. Alexander Gardner Haddock October 24, 1892 - June 14, 1906 Drowned in the Yukon River, 5 miles north of Ogilvie, Y.T., while on patrol.
31 O.148 Assistant Surgeon Walter Stafford Flood July 1, 1906 - November 29, 1906 Died from exposure, while on duty near Fort Churchill, Manitoba.
32 4584 Cst. George Ernest Willmett May 9, 1907 - April 12, 1908 Murdered by a burglar, while on night patrol, in the town of Frank, Alberta.
33 3566 Sgt. Ralph Morton L. Donaldson April 4, 1900 - August 14, 1908 Drowned when his Police boat was attacked by a herd of walruses, off Marble Island, Hudson Bay, N.W.T.
34 2127 S/Cst. Samuel Carter April 28, 1888 - February 14, 1911 Died from starvation, exposure & exhaustion, while a member of the MacPherson Dawson patrol.
35 2218 Insp. Francis Joseph Fitzgerald November 19, 1888 - February 14, 1911 Died from starvation, exposure & exhaustion, while a member of the MacPherson Dawson patrol.
36 4582 Cst. George Frances Kinney May 3, 1907 - February 14, 1911 Died from starvation, exposure & exhaustion, while a member of the MacPherson Dawson patrol.
37 4346 Cst. Richard O’Hara Taylor March 18, 1905 - February 14, 1911 Died from starvation, exposure & exhaustion, while a member of the MacPherson Dawson patrol.
38 4837 Cst. Francis Walter Davies April 8, 1909 - June 3, 1912 Killed by Mike Running Wolf, an Indian, near Brooks, Alberta, while trying to arrest him.
39 4968 Cpl. Maxwell George Bailey November 20, 1909 - April 23, 1913 Killed at Grassy Lake, 40 miles west of Edmonton, while attempting to apprehend Oscar Fonberg, a suspected lunatic.
40 3617 Cst. Michael James Fitzgerald April 3, 1900 - August 27, 1913 Drowned en route to a new posting near the Shushana Gold Fields, near the head of the White River, Y.T.
41 5548 Cst. Alexander Lamont March 25, 1913 - February 16, 1918 Died at Herschel Island, Y.T., from typhoid fever, contracted while nursing Vilhjalmur Stefansson, the Arctic explorer.
42 979 S/Sgt. George Henry Leopold Bossange December 3, 1883 - June 21, 1919 Killed by lightning at Spirit River, Alta., while on patrol.
43 6096 Cpl. Ernest Usher September 14, 1914 - August 7, 1920 Killed while attempting to arrest train bandits, at Bellevue, Alberta
44 4995 Sgt. Arthur George Searle January 14, 1910 - May 15, 1921 Drowned near Creston, B.C., while on patrol after whiskey runners, when a flooded stream washed the road away.
45 4396 Cpl. William Andrew Doak June 2, 1905 - April 1, 1922 Shot while sleeping, by Alikomiak, an Eskimo murderer, at Tree River, N.W.T.
46 9791 Cst. Ian M. Macdonald June 11, 1921 - August 18, 1924 Drowned near the mouth of the Indian River, east of Herschel Island, Arctic Ocean, while on special duty.
47 9818 Cst. Leo Francis Cox September 9, 1921 - June 28, 1925 Drowned near La Sarre, P.Q., while on patrol.
48 9951 Cst. Frederick Rhodes August 10, 1923 - December 6, 1926 Died from injuries received, when the police detachment at Rae, N.W.T., burned to the ground.
49 5611 Sgt. Richard Henry Nicholson June 17, 1913 - December 31, 1928 Killed while conducting a search for an illicit still, near Molson, Man.
50 10399 Cst. Donald Ross Macdonell March 9, 1928 - April 19, 1931 Drowned near the mouth of Fourteen River, Hudson Bay, while on patrol with S/Cst. Massan.
51 9669 Cst. Edgar Millen November 22, 1920 - January 30, 1932 Killed near Rat River, N.W.T., while attempting to apprehend Albert Johnson.
52 6177 Cpl. Leonard Victor Ralls September 9, 1914 - July 5, 1932 Killed by escaping thieves, whom he was trying to intercept, near Foam Lake, Sask.
53 7688 Cpl. John Lorne Halliday May 16, 1919 - October 14, 1932 Died from an accidental, self-inflicted wound in the chest, while stationed at Fort Simpson, N.W.T.
54 O.281 Insp. Lorne James Sampson September 14, 1914 - May 8, 1933 Killed as a result of injuries received in a fall from his horse, while on duty endeavoring to suppress a riot, at Saskatoon, Sask.
55 6352 Cpl. Michael Moriarity October 20, 1914 - April 26, 1935 Murdered by David Know, farmer, at Rosebud District, Alberta, while attempting to effect the service of a summons.
56 11582 Cst. John George Shaw April 1, 1932 - October 5, 1935 Murdered near Benito, Man., by three Doukhobor robber suspects, while transferring them to Pelly, Sask.
57 10946 Cst. George Campbell Harrison July 3, 1931 - October 8, 1935 Killed near the Eastern Gate of Banff National Park, while attempting to apprehend three young Doukhobor robber suspects, murderers of Cst. Shaw.
58 11326 Sgt. Thomas Sellar Wallace April 1, 1932 - October 8, 1935 Killed at the Eastern Gate of Banff National Park, while attempting to apprehend three young Doukhobor robber suspects, murderers of Cst. Shaw.
59 11150 Cst. Daniel Miller November 5, 1931 - October 14, 1935 Died of injuries sustained in a motor car accident, when on duty with Sgt. Lucas F., near Newcastle, N.B.
60 11818 Cst. George Edward Horan November 16, 1932 - March 10, 1937 Killed in an automobile accident, near Belleville, Ontario.
61 12093 Cst. William George Boorman November 15, 1933 - May 26, 1937 Accidentally shot, while hunting seal in the vicinity of Elsie Island, about forty five miles north east of Port Harrison, Hudson Bay.
62 12690 Cst. Willis Edward Rhodeniser July 2, 1935 - August 26,1939 Shot and killed near Carlyle, Sask., while leading a posse in search of Nelson Sammy, an Indian wanted for questioning in connection with the murder of his wife and her parents.
63 11046 Cst. Norman Alfred Gleadow October 1, 1931 - October 11, 1939 Murdered by Ernest Flook at Esterhazy, Sask., while on duty.
64 7606 Sgt. Arthur Julian Barker April 10, 1919 - March 16, 1940 Shot and killed in the Grand Hotel at Shaunavon, Sask., by Victor Greenlay.
65 11298 Cst. Frederick Gordon Frank Counsell March 21, 1932 - May 22, 1940 Shot and killed at Parkland, Alberta, by Charles Hansen, who was wanted for the shooting of his son.
66 10655 Cst. Harry G. Rapeer July 24, 1929 - May 23, 1940 Accidentally killed, while endeavouring to stop a runaway team of horses, at Regina, Sask.
67 12223 Eng. 3rd Class Daniel Everett Gillis August 1, 1932 - March 26, 1941 Died from exsposure, when H.M.C.S. “Otter” caught fire and foundered, off Halifax, N.S.
68 10063 Cst. Charles James Johnstone January 30, 1924 - May 1, 1941 Lost at sea, as a result of an attack, from an enemy U-boat, while serving the R.C.M.P. Provost Company.
69 10982 Sgt. Louis Romeo Dubuc August 19, 1931 - September 27, 1941 Killed in action, while flying an R.C.A.F. bomber to England from Ireland.
70 11003 Cst. Charles Floyd Patterson August 27, 1931 - November 25, 1941 Accidentally killed, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Company, overseas.
71 12168 1st Officer Patrick Reginald Fairburn Milthorp April 21, 1933 - February 1942 Killed when H.M.C.S. “Spikenard”, was sunk by enemy action.
72 12572 Cst. Peter Seddon Oliver June 22, 1935 - August 19, 1942 Killed in action at Dieppe, France, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Company.
73 12130 Master John Willard Bonner April 1, 1932 - September 11, 1942 Killed during the monty of Sept. 1942, when H.M.C.S. “Charlottetown”, was sunk by enemy action.
74 13205 Cst. James
Harvard Delamere Bedlington November 1, 1938 - April 30, 1943 Accidentally killed in a motorcycle accident in England, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Company.
75 O.298 Surgeon Maurice Powers, B.A., M.D., C.M. January 1, 1937 - October 20, 1943 Accidentally killed in an airplane accident, while in the performance of duty, near Red Pheasant, Sask.
76 13064 Cst. Terence Graham Newcomen Watts July 1, 1937 - December 28, 1943 Killed by shell fire, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Company, in Italy.
77 12856 Cst. Edison Alexander Cameron April 16, 1937 - December 28, 1943 Killed in action, while serving with No 1 Provost Company R.C.M.P., in Italy.
78 13157 Cst. David Charles Gardner Moon July 5, 1937 - December 28, 1943 Died as a result of shell fire wounds received in action, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Co., in Italy.
79 12965 Cst. Gordon Evan Bondurant July 1, 1937 - January 8, 1944 Died as a result of wounds from bomb fragments received in action, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Co., in Italy.
80 13678 Cst. Kenneth Laurence d'Albenas September 6, 1940 - May 15, 1944 Killed when the jeep he was riding in was destroyed by a Teller mine, while serving with R.C.M.P. Provost Co., in Italy.
81 20307 3/Cst. John Terrence Hoey January 6, 1958 - November 7, 1958 Shot and killed at Botwood, Newfoundland, while investigating a complaint.
82 12398 Cst. John Francis Joseph Nelson June 19, 1934 - May 22, 1944 Killed in action, while serving the R.C.M.P. Provost Co., in Italy.
83 12108 Cst. Donald Gilbert Stackhouse January 8, 1934 - May 31, 1944 Killed when his motorcycle hit a Teller mine, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Co., in Italy.
84 12983 Cst. Wilfred James Cobble July 1, 1937 - December 4, 1946 Died of injuries received, when struck by a truck on the highway, at Lavoy, Alta., while on duty.
85 11645 Cst. Carl Frizzle Wilson April 1, 1932 - September 9, 1948 Died of injuries received, when struck by an automobile, while directing traffic at the scene of a highway accident, near Portaupique, N.S.
86 5816 Cst. Alexander Gamman June 1, 1914 - May 26, 1950 Died of wounds received, attempting to apprehend an armed bank robber, in Montreal, Que.
87 14819 Cst. Joseph Kasimir Sander February 8, 1947 - July 9, 1954 Drowned in the Red Deer River, near Swan River, Man., while on patrol.
88 16141 Cst. Ronald Charles Bloomfield June 9, 1950 - July 9, 1954 Drowned in the Red Deer River, near Swan River, Man., while on patrol.
89 18050 Cst. William Lawrence Melsom January 6, 1953 - February 8, 1956 Accidentally killed in a traffic accident at Port Alberni, B.C., while responding to an emergency call for police assistance.
90 O.385 Insp. David James McCombe May 23, 1927 - December 12, 1955 Died from exposure while on patrol near Cutknife, Sask.
91 17298 Cst. John Roland Cobley October 12 1951 - January 5, 1957 Died of injuries received when struck by an automobile on the highway, near Salmon Arm, B.C., while on duty.
92 14588 Cpl. Herbert Milton Smart June 8, 1943 - June 7, 1958 Accidentally drowned in Lake Simcoe, near Georgina Island, Ontario, while on patrol.
93 19469 2/Cst. Maurice Melnychuk June 4, 1956 - June 7, 1958 Accidentally drowned in Lake Simcoe, near Georgina Island, Ontario, while on patrol.
94 19478 2/Cst. Glen Frederick Farough June 11, 1956 - June 7, 1958 Accidentally drowned in Lake Simcoe, near Georgina Island, Ontario, while on patrol.
95 19879 2/Cst. David Melvyn Perry April 5, 1957 - June 7, 1958 Accidentally drowned in Lake Simcoe, near Georgina Island, Ontario, while on patrol.
96 19915 2/Cst. George Herbert Edward Ransom April 15, 1957 - June 7, 1958 Accidentally drowned in Lake Simcoe, near Georgina Island, Ontario, while on patrol.
97 10880 S/Sgt. Stanley Samuel Rothwell November 22, 1930 - August 6, 1958 Killed in an airplane accident, while in the performance of duty, along the East Shore of Skaha Lake, B.C.
98 14740 Cst. Richard William Green August 6, 1946 - August 6, 1958 Killed in an airplane accident, while in the performance of duty, along the East Shore of Skaha Lake, B.C.
99 10410 S/Cst. Joseph Edouard Raymond Cormier October 24, 1949 - August 6, 1958 Killed in an airplane accident, while in the performance of duty, along the East Shore of Skaha Lake, B.C.
100 19731 Cst. Colin Eric Lelliott January 3, 1957 - January 12, 1960 Shot and killed at Cambridge Bay, N.W.T., while attempting to arrest an escaped Eskimo, Jimmy Ayalik.
101 20366 Cst. Ronald Arthur Ekstrom March 20, 1958 - April 22, 1961 Accidentally killed in a non-collision traffic accident, while in the performance of duty, near Lytton, B.C.
102 S/4218 S/Cst. Henry Clare Jarvis July 19, 1940 - July 15, 1941 Drowned near Lock 25, Cornwall Canal, Iroquois, Ontario, while on duty.
103 S/3185 S/Cst. Joseph Henry Kent November 1, 1939 - November 5, 1941 Died of injuries received when struck by an automobile on the Welland Ship Canal Bridge, St. Catharines, Ont., while proceeding off duty.
104 10155 Cst. Albert Joseph Chartrand January 22, 1926 - February 13, 1942 Died of a heart attack on duty aboard the R.C.M.P. Schooner St. Roch which was frozen in at Pasley Bay, N.W.T.
105 11371 Cpl. Laurance Percival Ryder April 1, 1932 - January 20, 1943 Died of pneumonia after a cerebral hemorrhage at Fisher Memorial Hospital, Woodstock, N.B., possible caused from injuries sustained on duty.
106 14890 2/Cst. James Boyd Henderson May 1, 1947 - August 7, 1948 Drowned in the St. Lawrence River near Gananoque & Kingston, Ont., while on duty.
107 14757 Cst. Herschel Taylor Wood October 9, 1946 - July 16, 1950 Died of injuries received in a police car accident near Glacier Park, Montana, U.S.A., while on duty.
108 16810 Cst. Stephen Kasper January 24, 1951 11 - May 1953 Killed in an airplane accident, in Prince Rupert Harbour, B.C., while on duty.
109 15802 Cst. Douglas Earl Ferguson June 8, 1949 - September 17, 1954 Died of carbon monoxide poisoning aboard the KINGALIK , near Cape Alexander, N.W.T., while on duty.
110 14694 Cst. Roy Eldon Laird April 16, 1946 - August 26, 1955 Killed in a non-collision traffic accident on the Ranchville Road, near Medicine Hat, Alta., while on duty.
111 15303 Cst. Charles William Reay May 15, 1947 - October 6, 1955 Drowned in the Churchill River, at Island Falls, Sask., while on duty.
112 18656 2/Cst. Henry Charles Allington Chandler July 23, 1954 - June 15, 1956 Died of injuries received in a traffic accident, at Millview, Halifax County, N.S., while on duty.
113 18165 Cst. Carl Lennart Sundell April 20, 1953 - July 14, 1958 Accidentally shot at Herschel Island, Y.T., while on duty.
114 20958 Cst. Wayne Sinclair April 24, 1959 - September 17, 1961 Died of severe internal injuries received in a non-collision traffic accident on Highway No 6, near Regina, Sask., while on duty.
115 18200 Cst. Joseph Thor Thompson May 11, 1953 - December 18, 1961 Died at Selkirk, Man., of injuries received, while on duty on Sept. 26, 1957, when Police Transport was struck by wheels of a landing aircraft near Lethbridge Airport, Alberta.
116 19233 Cst. Elwood Joseph Keck January 17, 1956 - June 18, 1962 Shot and killed near Kamloops, B.C., while investigating a complaint.
117 20215 Cst. Donald George Weisgerber October 16, 1957 - June 18, 1962 Shot and killed near Kamloops, B.C., while investigating a complaint..
118 20865 Cst. Gordon Eric Pedersen February 24, 1959 - June 18, 1962 Shot and killed near Kamloops, B.C., while investigating a complaint.
119 21512 Cst. Archille Octave Maxime Lepine July 15, 1960 - July 19, 1962 Died of injuries received in a motor vehicle accident, on the Trans Canada Hwy., near Cloverdale, B.C., while on duty.
120 17334 Cst. James Walter Foreman October 31, 1951 - April 24, 1963 Died of injuries sustained, when accidentally struck by an automobile on the shoulder of the highway, near Sangudo, Alberta, while helping a motorist in trouble.
121 17368 Sgt. Kenneth Morley Laughland November 15, 1951 - July 13, 1963 Killed in an R.C.M.P. aircraft, which crashed when attempting to land at Carmacks, Y.T.
122 19626 Cpl. Robert William Asbil August 8, 1956 - July 13, 1963 Killed in an R.C.M.P. aircraft, which crashed when attempting to land at Carmacks, Y.T.
123 18570 Cst. Proctor Laurence Anthony Malcolm March 1, 1954 - July 13, 1963 Killed in an R.C.M.P. aircraft, which crashed when attempting to land at Carmacks, Y.T.
124 19206 Cst. William John David Annand December 28, 1955 - July 13, 1963 Killed in an R.C.M.P. aircraft, which crashed when attempting to land at Carmacks, Y.T.
125 22055 Cst. Joseph Pierre Francois Dubois July 6, 1961 - January 3, 1964 Killed in a police car accident, at Fauvel Quebec, while on escort duty.
126 17644 Cpl. Ervin Jack Giesbrecht March 25, 1952 - June 20, 1964 Drowned while on patrol, when his police car went out of control and plunged into the water at the Coffer Dam, at Hybord, Manitoba.
127 22240 Cst. Robert Weston Amey January 3, 1962 - December 17, 1964 Shot at Whitbourne, Nfld., by Melvin Peter Young, one of four prisoners, who escaped from St. John’s penitentiary.
128 23499 3/Cst. Reginald Wayne Williams April 10, 1964 - December 19, 1964 Accidentally drowned, while on patrol, when his police car skidded and plunged into the water, off the ice-covered Government Dock, at Sooke, B.C.
129 20598 Cst. David Brian Robinson June 16, 1958 - February 2, 1965 Died in hospital at Saskatoon, Sask., from an accidental bullet wound, inflicted by another member cleaning a service revolver, in preparation for an inspection, at Humboldt, Sask.
130 20824 Cst. Neil McArthur Bruce February 19, 1959 - April 14, 1965 Died in hospital at Kelowna, B.C., of pneumonia from complications resulting from a bullet wound inflicted by Russell Spears at Power Creek, B.C., while investigating a complaint.
131 20388 Cst. Thomas Percy Carroll April 1, 1958 - February 11, 1966 Killed in a plane crash while in the performance of his duties at Cyril Lake, Manitoba.
132 24014 3/Cst. Philip John Francis Tidman May 21, 1965 - April 20, 1966 Killed in a police car accident, near Wakaw, Sask., while on escort duty.
133 23018 Cst. Gordon Donald Pearson April 3, 1963 - November 22, 1966 Killed as a result of a bullet wound inflicted by Charles Wilfred Hill, when investigating a disturbance, at Winterburn, Alberta.
134 25214 3/Cst. Terry Eugene Tomfohr October 25, 1966 - June 3, 1967 Accidentally killed while in performance of duty, at Burnaby, B.C.
135 17129 Cpl. Donald Archibald Harvey July 23, 1951 - June 23, 1967 Killed as a result of a bullet wound, inflicted by Leonard Otto Borg, at Grande Prairie, Alberta.
136 2181 Cst. Alfred Perry July 12, 1888 - June 8, 1889 Drowned in the Belly River, near Lethbridge, N.W.T., while on patrol. (Today it is part of Alberta)
137 25094 3/Cst. Robert William Varney September 15, 1966 - August 17, 1967 Killed in a police car accident, near Raymond, Alberta, while on duty.
138 26042 2/Cst. James Alexander Kerr August 28, 1967 December 11, 1968 Killed in a motor vehicle accident, near Ste Anne, N.B., while on duty.
139 19508 Cpl. Terry Gerrard Williams June 26, 1956 - June 8, 1969 Drowned while on duty, in boating accident, in Sheet Harbour Passage, Halifax County, N.S.
140 26402 Cst. William Joseph Green March 4, 1968 - October 4, 1970 Died on duty, as a result of injuries received in a motor vehicle accident, while responding to a call at Invermere, B.C.
141 15445 Sgt. Robert James Schrader June 10, 1948 - October 9, 1970 Shot and killed, while on duty, investigating a domestic dispute, near MacDowall, Sask.
142 21129 Cst. Douglas Bernard Anson October 21, 1959 - October 9, 1970 Shot and killed, while on duty, investigating a domestic dispute, near MacDowall, Sask.
143 15190 Sgt. James Aldridge O'Malley September 3, 1948 - October 28, 1970 Drowned in the Kettle River near Gillam, Manitoba, while on duty conducting a search for a drowned body, when his small boat capsized.
144 25165 Cst. Derek Thomas Ivany October 11, 1966 - June 25, 1971 Died of injuries received in a police car accident at St. Arthur, N.B., on June 24, 1971, responding to a complaint of a shooting incident.
145 22976 Cst. Harold Stanley Seigel January 24, 1963 - September 26, 1971 Shot and killed while on duty, attempting to remove a person later declared insane, from a private residence, at Iles des Chenes, Manitoba.
146 22830 Cst. Michael Robert Mason September 5, 1962 - November 26, 1971 Drowned while on duty enroute to Campbell River, B.C., when the private aircraft, in which he was a passenger, crashed into the Courtenay River at Courtenay, B.C.
147 29984 Cst. Roger Emile Pierlet August 9, 1972 - March 29, 1974 Shot and killed while on duty at Cloverdale, B.C., during a routine vehicle check.
148 28371 Cst. Joseph Michel Benoit Létourneau September 15, 1970 - April 2, 1974 Died in a motor vehicle accident, near St. Etienne des Gres, Quebec, while on duty in a police vehicle.
149 29978 Cst. Joseph Henri Clément Tremblay August 9, 1972 - April 2, 1974 Died in a motor vehicle accident, near St. Etienne des Gres, Quebec, while on duty in a police vehicle.
150 27160 Cst. John Terrance Draginda March 3, 1969 - September 29, 1974 Died in a motor vehicle accident, in Surrey, .B.C., while on duty in a police vehicle.
151 25163 Cst. John Brian Baldwinson October 7, 1966 - October 28, 1975 Died in a motor vehicle accident, in Surrey, B.C., while on duty in a police vehicle.
152 25308 Cst. Dennis Modest Nicklos Shwaykowski December 3, 1966 - April 6, 1977 Killed when thrown off a moving truck, while attempting to apprehend the driver, in Red Deer, Alberta.
153 24526 Cpl. Barry Warren Lidstone January 27, 1966 - January 6, 1978 Shot and killed on duty, while investigating a domestic dispute, near Hoyt, New Brunswick.
154 33554 Cst. Joseph Perry Brophy September 7, 1976 - January 6, 1978 Shot and killed on duty, while investigating a domestic dispute, near Hoyt, New Brunswick.
155 32104 Cst. Dennis Anthony Onofrey November 25, 1974 - January 23, 1978 Shot and killed in a motel, in Virden, Manitoba, while investigating a reported stolen motor vehicle.
156 31915 Cst. Thomas Brian King January 4 , 1971 - April 25, 1978 Shot and killed on duty, while checking a motor vehicle, at Saskatoon, Sask.
157 S/1692 S/Cst. George David Foster January 6, 1971 - September 4, 1977 Killed while piloting an aircraft, which crashed on a flight from Vancouver to Victoria, B.C.
158 30791 Cst. Lindberg Bruce Davis August 14, 1973 - January 8, 1979 Killed in a train/car collision, while on duty, at Portage La Prairie, Manitoba.
159 31962 Cst. Mark Percy McLachlan October 21, 1974 - February 2, 1979 Killed in a truck/car accident, while on duty, 90 miles northwest of Whitehorse, Yukon.
160 31641 Cst. William Iraneus Seward July 29, 1974 - February 15, 1978 Killed on duty, in a police car accident, at Toronto, Ontario.
161 32217 Cst. Joseph Léon Michel Doucet January 17, 1975 - August 18, 1979 Killed on duty, in a plane crash, at St. Antoine, Kent Co., N.B.
162 30749 Cst. Gordon Alfred Brooks August 7, 1973 - November 12, 1979 Drowned while on duty, near Cape Dorset, N.W.T.
163 S/623 S/Cst. Ningeoseak Etidloi June 14, 1972 - November 12, 1979 Drowned while on duty, near Cape Dorset, N.W.T.
164 26522 Cst. Roy John William Karwaski April 8, 1968 - May 24, 1980 Died from internal injuries received in a police car accident, at Prince Albert, Sask.
165 29833 Cst. Richard John Sedgwick May 23, 1972 - August 16, 1980 Died from injuries received in a police car accident, near Airdrie, Alberta.
166 33580 Cst. Thomas James Agar September 23, 1976 - September 19, 1980 Shot and killed on duty, at Richmond Detachment, Richmond, B.C.
167 25876 Cpl. Ole Roust Larsen July 12, 1967 - August 11, 1981 Shot and killed on duty, at Climax Detachment, Climax, Sask.
168 29685 Cst. James Franklin Thomas April 11, 1972 - August 31, 1981 Killed while on duty, in a motor vehicle accident, near Christina Lake, British Columbia.
169 31787 Cst. Barry Flynn McKinnon September 4, 1974 - December 16, 1981 Killed while on duty, in a motor vehicle accident, near Hamilton, Ontario.
170 36327 Cst. Douglas Ambrose Mark Butler September 30, 1980 - October 16, 1982 Killed while on duty, in a motor vehicle accident, near Oxbow, Sask.
171 S/2706 S/Cst. Wayne Graham Myers September 9, 1982 - December 14, 1983 Killed while on duty on the west coast of Vancouver Island, in a helicopter crash. S/Cst. Myers was the pilot of the helicopter.
172 25289 Cpl. Francis Eugene Jones November 28, 1966 - December 14, 1983 Killed while on duty on the west coast of Vancouver Island, in a helicopter crash.
173 28754 Cst. Daniel Lincoln Keough March 10, 1971 - October 27, 1983 Killed while on duty, in a motor vehicle accident , at Anglin Lake, Sask.
174 26574 Cst. Robert Charles Anderson April 10, 1968 - May 4, 1984 Killed while on duty, in a motor vehicle accident, at Kamloops, B.C.
175 28498 Cst. Richard Allan Bourgoin October 26, 1970 - August 31, 1983 Died on duty, while in pursuit of a person suspected of B&E, on the Piapot Reserve, Sask.
176 30318 Cst. Allen Garry Giesbrecht April 2, 1973 - January 13, 1985 Shot and killed on duty, while investigating a domestic dispute, at Vegreville, Alberta.
177 33631 Cst. Michael Joseph Buday October 5, 1976 - March 19, 1985 Shot and killed on duty as an emergency response team member, while attempting to arrest a suspect, in the Teslin Lake area of British Columbia.
178 S/2427 S/Cst. Wayne Philip Boskill January 14, 1975 - January 8, 1986 Killed on duty in an aircraft crash, at Wollaston Lake, Sask. S/Cst. Boskill was the pilot of the aircraft.

180 S/2886 S/Cst. Robert William Cochrane Thomas January 4, 1985 - March 6, 1986 Shot and killed on duty, while conducting a routine vehicle check, at Powerview , Man.
181 21066 Cpl. Budd Maurice Johanson August 24, 1959 - April 4, 1986 Killed on duty in a motor vehicle accident, on Highway 3, near Lethbridge, Alberta.
182 A/3512 A/Cst. Frederick Allan Abel December 11, 1985 - April 4, 1986 Killed on duty in a motor vehicle accident, on Highway 3, near Lethbridge, Alberta.
183 37412 Cst. Joseph Eddy Mario Tessier December 2, 1981 - December 27, 1985 Shot and killed near Gatineau, Quebec.
184 36152 Cst. Scott Gordon Berry July 21, 1980 - June 29, 1986 Died near Clandonald, Alberta, when he came in contact with a live power line, while assisting an injured person who had been involved in a motor vehicle accident
185 S/1550 S/Cst. Gordon Zigmund Kowalczyk May 6, 1975 - January 26, 1987 Murdered on duty at Calgary, Alberta, during a routine traffic stop.
186 31162 Cpl. Derek John Flanagan February 11, 1974 - February 20, 1989 Died as a result of injuries sustained while on special duty, in Chang Mai, Thailand.
187 40153 Cst. Della Sonya Beyak June 10, 1988 - March 15, 1989 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, near Assiniboia, Sask., while on voluntary overtime duty.
188 33607 Cst. Christopher Colin Riglar October 1, 1976 - September 28, 1991 While directing traffic on Highway No 1, on Vancouver Island, Cst. Riglar was hit by a drunk driver. He later died in hospital from his injuries.
189 30967 Cst. Gerald Vernon Maurice Breese November 9, 1973 - October 24, 1990 Died as a direct result of injuries sustained from an RCMP motorcycle accident, while responding to a call, British Columbia.
190 25032 Sgt. Derek Cameron Burkholder August 18, 1966 - June 14, 1996 Shot and killed on duty, while investigating a domestic dispute, at Maders Cove, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia.
191 44134 Cst. Joseph Ernest André Claude Gagné September 2, 1992 - September 6, 1995 Died as a result of a police car accident, on Hyw. 217, in Seabrook, Digby County, Nova Scotia.
192 36330 Cst. Brian John Hutchinson September 30 1980 - August 16, 1991 Death resulted from an aneurysm, directly related to injuries sustained from a blow to the head, during the Oka crisis in August 1990, Oka, Quebec.
193 41129 Cst. Joseph Luc François (Frank) Carrière (inscription is in French on the Cenotaph & Honour Roll) August 9, 1989 - November 30, 1997 Death resulted from a scuba diving accident, during an underwater search of a vessel’s hull, for suspected contraband drugs, in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
194 37348 Cpl. Graeme Charles Cumming November 13, 1981 - August 12, 1998 Killed while investigating a complaint of hay bales spilled on Hwy #2, when his PMV was struck from behind and burst into flames, approx. 2 km. west of Kipp, Alberta.
195 35689 Cst. Joseph Ernest Jean-Guy Daniel Bourdon January 22, 1980 - May 7, 1999 Killed while working alone on highway patrol duties, on Hwy. #11, 15 kms. south of Saskatoon, Sask., when he was struck by a semi-trailer.
196 32250 Cst. Jurgen Siegfried Seewald February 10, 1975 - March 5, 2001 Shot and killed on duty, while investigating a domestic dispute, in Cape Dorset, Nunavut.
197 40120 Cst. Dennis Douglas Strongquill April 14, 1981 - December 21, 2001 Shot and killed while on general patrol duties, near Russell, Manitoba.
198 45279 Cst. Christine Elizabeth Diotte May 6, 1996 - March 12, 2002 While at scene of single motor vehicle accident, member was struck and killed by another motor vehicle, near Banff, Alberta.
199 45528 Cst. Wael Toufic Audi September 16, 1996 - March 29, 2002 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, while on general patrol duties, near Squamish, B.C.
200 S/822 S/Cst. Norman Massan November 15, 1927 - April 19, 1931 Drowned near the mouth of Fourteen River, Hudson Bay, while on patrol with Cst. MacDonell.
* Reference Honour Roll # 50
201 45194 Cst. Jimmy Ng March 18, 1996 - September 15 2002 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, while responding to a report of an alarm, in Richmond, B.C.
202 40876 Cst. Joseph Léo Ghislain Maurice March 6, 1989 - June 10, 2003 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, while conducting traffic law enforcement, near Sherwood Park, Alberta.
203 27332 Cpl. James Wilbert Gregson Galloway May 6, 1969 - February 28, 2004 Shot and killed on duty, while assisting the Edmonton Emergency Response Team, in Spruce Grove, Alberta.
204 A/5547 A/Cst. Joseph Ernest (Sam) Balmer June 4, 1991 - August 29, 1991 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, while responding to a complaint of a domestic dispute, near 150 Mile House, British Columbia.
205 A/9447 A/Cst. Glen Gregory Evely September 18, 2002 - November 13, 2004 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, while patrolling in the area of a suspected stolen vehicle and high speed pursuit, in Vernon, B.C.
206 49673 Cst. Anthony Fitzgerald Orion Gordon October 15, 2002 - March 3, 2005 Shot and killed on duty, by a deranged suspect, near Mayerthorpe, Alberta.
207 48568 Cst. Lionide (Leo) Nicholas Johnston April 17, 2001 - March 3, 2005 Shot and killed on duty, by a deranged suspect, near Mayerthorpe, Alberta.
208 51874 Cst. Brock Warren Myrol February 7, 2005 - March 3, 2005 Shot and killed on duty, by a deranged suspect, near Mayerthorpe, Alberta.
209 48064 Cst. Peter Christopher Schiemann November 27, 2000 - March 3, 2005 Shot and killed on duty, by a deranged suspect, near Mayerthorpe, Alberta.
210 A/1481 A/Cst. Dennis Lenard Fraser July 11, 1975 - June 4, 1980 Killed while attempting to stop a suspected impaired driver at Port Alberni, British Columbia.
211 45297 Cst. José Manuel Agostinho May 21, 1996 - July 4, 2005 Killed from injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident near Millet, Alberta.
212 48795 Cst. Robin Lynelle Cameron July 23, 2001 - July 15, 2006 Killed from gunshot wounds sustained while responding to a domestic dispute call on July 7, 2006 near Mildred, Saskatchewan.
213 48100 Cst. Marc Joseph Denis Bourdages December 11, 2000 - July 16, 2006 Killed from gunshot wounds sustained while responding to a domestic dispute call on July 7, 2006 near Mildred, Saskatchewan.
214 S/3367 S/Cst. Nancy Marie Puttkemery September 29, 1975 - December 9, 1989 Died as a result of an aircraft accident on December 9, 1989 at Crossfield, Alberta.
215 S/1969 S/Cst. Vincent Norman Timms, C.D. January 18, 1978 - December 9, 1989 Died as a result of an aircraft accident on December 9, 1989 at Crossfield, Alberta.
216 32787 Sgt. Edwin Michael Mobley September 2, 1975 - August 15, 2000 Died as a result of an aircraft accident on August 15, 2000 at Teslin Lake, British Columbia.
217 S/3863 S/Cst. Timothy James Nicholson April 1, 1992 - August 15, 2000 Died as a result of an aircraft accident on August 15, 2000 at Teslin Lake, British Columbia.
218 37655 Cst. Joseph Martial Maurice Jean Minguy March 16, 1982 - June 3, 2005 Died while testing an inland water transport on June 3, 2005 at Lake Okanagan, British Columbia.
219 49314 Cst. Christopher John Worden February 18, 2002 - October 6, 2007 Killed while on duty after sustaining multiple gunshot wounds during a foot pursuit of a fleeing suspect, on October 6, 2007, in Hay River, Northwest Territories.
220 54592 Cst. Douglas Allen Scott April 23, 2007 - November 5, 2007 Died from a gunshot wound sustained while responding to a call for assistance involving an impaired driver on November 5, 2007 at Kimmirut, Nunavut.
221 345 Cst. George Hamilton Johnston June 9, 1879 -
May 23, 1882 Accidentally shot at Fort Walsh, Northwest Territories.
222 49108 Cst. James Lloyd Lundblad November 5, 2001 -
May 5, 2009 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, while conducting traffic law enforcement, near Millet, Alberta.
223 31502 Cst. Norman Harry Atkins May 15, 1974 -
July 8, 1995 Died as a result of a police car collision on Highway 7, near Finnegans Hill, Queens County, New Brunswick.
224 58586 Cst. Chelsey Alice Robinson December 7, 2009 -
June 21, 2010 Died as a result of a two vehicle collision while on patrol on Highway 16 in Stony Plain, Alberta.
225 46470 Sgt. Mark Charles Gallagher January 18, 1998 -
January 12, 2010 Died as a result of a massive earthquake on January 12, 2010, while on mission in Haiti.
226 O.1875 C/Supt. Douglas Edward Coates September 15, 1978 -
January 16, 2010 Died as a result of a massive earthquake on January 16, 2010, while on mission in Haiti.
227 S/9161 S/Cst. Andrew Ooyoumut June 1, 1946 -
July 21, 1954 Drowned in the Kikatavyuk River, Nunavut, (formerly known as Northwest Territories, while on special duty.
228 57529 Cst. Michael Bernard Potvin May 4, 2009 -
July 30, 2010 Drowned when the RCMP boat he was in capsized on the Stewart River in Mayo, Yukon.
229 C.7182 David John Brolin June 2, 2006 - January 17, 2012 Died as a result of a helicopter accident, while training with the Emergency Response Team, on January 17, 2012, near Chilliwack, British Columbia.
230 55042 Cst. Derek William Henry Pineo Aug 20, 2007 - July 20, 2012 Died as a result of a police car accident near Wilkie, Saskatchewan on July 20, 2012.

leeaspell
08-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Just reading through the list Ken posted. Alberta seems to show up a lot more than other provinces.

Big Daddy Badger
08-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Just reading through the list Ken posted. Alberta seems to show up a lot more than other provinces.

No provincial police force, the whiskey trade, a route to gold fields etc etc etc.

Jim
08-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Yeah no innocent person is ever held at gun point and assaulted by the police.
Read the following and pull your heads out of the sand.

http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/JonathanLogan200603.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKGyoFvpve4

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2010/06/26/police-booth-raid426.html

kritz
08-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Nice to finally see some support for the RCMP, Yes sometimes they use a little to much force,, but everyday the have to deal with the worst people, so 1 cop pulls over a car load of drunk, maybe it turned ugly and 1 was shot , what is the alternative, that car load of drunks smashing into a family coming home from the lake ?? nobody on this site knows what they situation was on that road,, what do you have to deal with at work , the lease has to much rain? the coffee pot was left empty, somebody took my parking spot? If you are a group ready to beat a single police officer , or somebody threating innocence people with a knife , you should think in your brain the outcome may be that he RCMP may have to use force ( tazered, beaten or at worst shot)!

Ken07AOVette
08-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Yeah no innocent person is ever held at gun point and assaulted by the police.
Read the following and pull your heads out of the sand.

And 'innocent' never lie,

And 'innocent' never beat their wife, or kids, or the elderly,

And 'innocent' never kill others while drunk, or drugged, or mad, or stealing, or or or

There are heads stuck in a hole for sure, but it's not sandy and smells terrible.

WCTHEMI
08-05-2013, 09:51 AM
And 'innocent' never lie,

And 'innocent' never beat their wife, or kids, or the elderly,

And 'innocent' never kill others while drunk, or drugged, or mad, or stealing, or or or

There are heads stuck in a hole for sure, but it's not sandy and smells terrible.

Everybody lies. At the end of the day, police are just people like us, trying to do their job. They should be praised when they do it well and held accountable when they don't. Just like the rest of us should be when working. Tough to always keep things in perspective though.

Ken07AOVette
08-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Everybody lies. At the end of the day, police are just people like us, trying to do their job. They should be praised when they do it well and held accountable when they don't. Just like the rest of us should be when working. Tough to always keep things in perspective though.

I agree completely.

Albertaguide
08-05-2013, 10:47 AM
I don't speed, don't drink, definately don't drink and drive, don't break laws, don't do illegal narcotics, and have zero problem with the RCMP!

Funny how that works!

Play the game, put yourself in a bad situation, expect (life altering) consequences.

Sometimes it works. I don't do any of the above either but because I ride a bike I'm often stopped, detained while they run my ID and constantly have to ask for my property (pocket knife) back when they finally decide I'm not a dirt bag thug and let me go. No I've lost any respect I had for most RCMP. I understand theirs is a stressful dangerous job meant to keep the populace safe but enough profiling, all motorcycle enthusiasts aren't "bikers" patched of not

tri777
08-05-2013, 10:58 AM
..the cops in my area are tops and do their job 2 extended thumbs skywards..

Simong
08-05-2013, 01:47 PM
"2 dead, 2 injured by RCMP this weekend"
would of sounded a lot better "RCMP officer forced to use force in self defence after being attacked"

you go after a cop you should expect to be shot, tazer/baton/mace are only designed to diffuse a situation when the other option would be to shoot the person. IMO

brownbomber
08-05-2013, 01:50 PM

Winner winner. Best post on the subject

kritz
08-05-2013, 01:55 PM
"""Knife-wielding woman Tasered in southeast Edmonton""
Staff Sgt. Gary Cook said police arrived at the scene at 17th Avenue and 37th Street to find a woman standing outside the house holding a knife.

Police asked her multiple times to put the knife down. When the woman refused, she was Tasered once by police, Cook said.

Cant blame the officers , how would anybody else handle this ? or does she need to hurt some innocent person first?

petew
08-05-2013, 01:56 PM
That's a long list of sadness for sure,220 dead, but tossing in traffic acidents, plane crashes etc in that list is hardly a valid point for shooting suspects. If this is the total number of deaths since 1873 it is tiny compared to the occupational deaths in many other professions.
After reading thru the list it seems swimming lessons would be a better idea for training.

Many of these guys were innocent too.
Most had families.
Some were women, with families.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/hon/lineduty-exerfonc/honour-honneur-roll-tableau-eng.htm

1 135 Sub. Cst. John Nash October 18, 1873 - March 11, 1876 Accidentally killed while on duty near Fort MacLeod.
2 409 Sub. Cst. George Mahoney May 3,1875 - June 19, 1877 Drowned when crossing the Red Deer River on patrol from Battleford to Fort Walsh, N.W.T.
3 335 Cst. Marmaduke Graburn June 9, 1879 - November 17, 1879 Murdered by person or persons unknown, thought to be Indians, while on duty near Fort Walsh, N.W.T.
4 181 Cst. Claudius S. Hooley June 15, 1875 - July 24, 1880 Drowned in the Belly River, while on patrol from Fort Walsh to Fort MacLeod, N.W.T.
5 957 (temp) Cst. Adam Wahl April 17, 1882 - May 25, 1882 Drowned while a new recruit in the Missouri River, USA, while en route with other recruits from Fort Toronto to Fort Walsh, N.W.T.
6 1003 Cst. Thomas James Gibson March 11, 1884 - March 26, 1885 Killed in the skirmish at Duck Lake, N.W.T., when half-breeds & Indians ambushed a party of Mounted Police & Prince Albert Volunteers.
7 852 Cst. George Knox Garrett July 4, 1882 - March 27, 1885 Died from wounds received during skirmish at Duck Lake, N.W.T.
8 1065 Cst. George Pearce Arnold August 11, 1884 - March 27, 1885 Died from wounds received during skirmish at Duck Lake, N.W.T.
9 635 Cst. David Latimer Cowan April 4, 1882 - April 15, 1885 Killed by Indians at Fort Pitt, N.W.T., while on scouting duty.
10 565 Cpl. Ralph Bateman Sleigh June 7, 1881 - May 2, 1885 Killed in the fight between the Government forces & the Indians at Cut Knife Hill, N.W.T.
11 402 Cst. Patrick Burke May 1, 1875 - May 3, 1885 Died from wounds received during the fight at Cut Knife Hill, N.W.T.
12 907 Cpl. William Hay Talbot Lowry June 7, 1883 - May 3, 1885 Died from wounds received during the fight at Cut Knife Hill, N.W.T.
13 973 Cst. Frank Orlando Elliott November 17, 1883 - May 14, 1885 Killed by Indians near Battleford, N.W.T., while on scout patrol.
14 487 Sgt. Albert Ernest Garland Montgomery September 22, 1880 - August 10, 1890 Died from injuries sustained when thrown off his horse, while on parade at Prince Albert - August 7th, 1890.
15 2439 Cst. George Quiqueran Rene Saveuse DeBeaujeu April 29, 1890 - September 8, 1890 Drowned in Lake Winnipeg when the Mounted Police boat capsized during a storm.
16 2162 Cpl. Harry Oliver Morphy June 14 1888 - September 9, 1890 Drowned in Lake Winnipeg when the Mounted Police boat capsized during a storm.
17 2086 Cst. William Tyrrell Reading April 10, 1888 - December 14, 1890 Died from injuries received at Calgary, when Supt. J.H. McIllre’s horse, which he was exercising, fell on him.
18 913 Cst. James Herron June 18, 1883 - March 2, 1891 Died during a blizzard near St. Mary’s River, while on patrol.
19 605 Sgt. Colin Campbell Colebrook October 16, 1881 - October 29, 1895 Killed by Amighty Voice, an escaped Cree Indian prisoner, Near Kinistino, N.W.T., while attempting to arrest him.
20 3100 Cst. Oscar Alexander Kern September 10, 1894 - April 27 1896 Drowned when fording Short Creek near Estevan, N.W.T., while on patrol.
21 857 Sgt. William Brock Wilde July 13, 1882 - November 10, 1896 Killed by Charcoal, alias Bad Young Man, a Blood Indian fugitive murderer, near Dry Forks, the Kootenai River, N.W.T., while attempting to arrest him.
22 3040 Cst. John Randolph Kerr April 14, 1894 - May 28, 1897 Killed at Minichinas Hills near Duck Lake, N.W.T., while attempting to apprehend Almighty Voice, the murderer of Sgt. Colebrook.
23 3106 Cpl. Charles Horne Sterling Hockin October 2, 1894 - May 29, 1897 Killed at Minichinas Hills near Duck Lake, N.W.T., while attempting to apprehend Almighty Voice, the murderer of Sgt. Colebrook.
24 2972 Cst. Norman Malcolm Campbell November 21, 1893 - December 26, 1901 Drowned in the Stikine River, Alaska, while on patrol from Northern British Columbia.
25 3463 Cst. Spencer Gilbert Heathcote January 1, 1900 - December 26, 1901 Drowned in the Stikine River, Alaska, while on patrol from Northern British Columbia.
26 not avail. S/Cst. Stick Sam ? - July 29, 1903 Drowned when fording Kaskawulsh River, Y.T., while on patrol from the Yukon’s Alsec River.
27 1102 S/Sgt. Arthur F.M. Brooke October 21, 1884 - September 26 , 1903 Drowned when fording the Bow River on the Blackfoot Reserve, N.W.T., while on patrol.
28 4152 Cst. Joseph Russell November 30, 1903 - July 5, 1905 Drowned in an inland lake near Cape Fullerton, Hudson Bay.
29 4119 Cst. Thomas Robert Jackson November 20, 1903 - June 8, 1906 Drowned when fording Six Mile Creek, while on patrol.
30 2836 Cpl. Alexander Gardner Haddock October 24, 1892 - June 14, 1906 Drowned in the Yukon River, 5 miles north of Ogilvie, Y.T., while on patrol.
31 O.148 Assistant Surgeon Walter Stafford Flood July 1, 1906 - November 29, 1906 Died from exposure, while on duty near Fort Churchill, Manitoba.
32 4584 Cst. George Ernest Willmett May 9, 1907 - April 12, 1908 Murdered by a burglar, while on night patrol, in the town of Frank, Alberta.
33 3566 Sgt. Ralph Morton L. Donaldson April 4, 1900 - August 14, 1908 Drowned when his Police boat was attacked by a herd of walruses, off Marble Island, Hudson Bay, N.W.T.
34 2127 S/Cst. Samuel Carter April 28, 1888 - February 14, 1911 Died from starvation, exposure & exhaustion, while a member of the MacPherson Dawson patrol.
35 2218 Insp. Francis Joseph Fitzgerald November 19, 1888 - February 14, 1911 Died from starvation, exposure & exhaustion, while a member of the MacPherson Dawson patrol.
36 4582 Cst. George Frances Kinney May 3, 1907 - February 14, 1911 Died from starvation, exposure & exhaustion, while a member of the MacPherson Dawson patrol.
37 4346 Cst. Richard O’Hara Taylor March 18, 1905 - February 14, 1911 Died from starvation, exposure & exhaustion, while a member of the MacPherson Dawson patrol.
38 4837 Cst. Francis Walter Davies April 8, 1909 - June 3, 1912 Killed by Mike Running Wolf, an Indian, near Brooks, Alberta, while trying to arrest him.
39 4968 Cpl. Maxwell George Bailey November 20, 1909 - April 23, 1913 Killed at Grassy Lake, 40 miles west of Edmonton, while attempting to apprehend Oscar Fonberg, a suspected lunatic.
40 3617 Cst. Michael James Fitzgerald April 3, 1900 - August 27, 1913 Drowned en route to a new posting near the Shushana Gold Fields, near the head of the White River, Y.T.
41 5548 Cst. Alexander Lamont March 25, 1913 - February 16, 1918 Died at Herschel Island, Y.T., from typhoid fever, contracted while nursing Vilhjalmur Stefansson, the Arctic explorer.
42 979 S/Sgt. George Henry Leopold Bossange December 3, 1883 - June 21, 1919 Killed by lightning at Spirit River, Alta., while on patrol.
43 6096 Cpl. Ernest Usher September 14, 1914 - August 7, 1920 Killed while attempting to arrest train bandits, at Bellevue, Alberta
44 4995 Sgt. Arthur George Searle January 14, 1910 - May 15, 1921 Drowned near Creston, B.C., while on patrol after whiskey runners, when a flooded stream washed the road away.
45 4396 Cpl. William Andrew Doak June 2, 1905 - April 1, 1922 Shot while sleeping, by Alikomiak, an Eskimo murderer, at Tree River, N.W.T.
46 9791 Cst. Ian M. Macdonald June 11, 1921 - August 18, 1924 Drowned near the mouth of the Indian River, east of Herschel Island, Arctic Ocean, while on special duty.
47 9818 Cst. Leo Francis Cox September 9, 1921 - June 28, 1925 Drowned near La Sarre, P.Q., while on patrol.
48 9951 Cst. Frederick Rhodes August 10, 1923 - December 6, 1926 Died from injuries received, when the police detachment at Rae, N.W.T., burned to the ground.
49 5611 Sgt. Richard Henry Nicholson June 17, 1913 - December 31, 1928 Killed while conducting a search for an illicit still, near Molson, Man.
50 10399 Cst. Donald Ross Macdonell March 9, 1928 - April 19, 1931 Drowned near the mouth of Fourteen River, Hudson Bay, while on patrol with S/Cst. Massan.
51 9669 Cst. Edgar Millen November 22, 1920 - January 30, 1932 Killed near Rat River, N.W.T., while attempting to apprehend Albert Johnson.
52 6177 Cpl. Leonard Victor Ralls September 9, 1914 - July 5, 1932 Killed by escaping thieves, whom he was trying to intercept, near Foam Lake, Sask.
53 7688 Cpl. John Lorne Halliday May 16, 1919 - October 14, 1932 Died from an accidental, self-inflicted wound in the chest, while stationed at Fort Simpson, N.W.T.
54 O.281 Insp. Lorne James Sampson September 14, 1914 - May 8, 1933 Killed as a result of injuries received in a fall from his horse, while on duty endeavoring to suppress a riot, at Saskatoon, Sask.
55 6352 Cpl. Michael Moriarity October 20, 1914 - April 26, 1935 Murdered by David Know, farmer, at Rosebud District, Alberta, while attempting to effect the service of a summons.
56 11582 Cst. John George Shaw April 1, 1932 - October 5, 1935 Murdered near Benito, Man., by three Doukhobor robber suspects, while transferring them to Pelly, Sask.
57 10946 Cst. George Campbell Harrison July 3, 1931 - October 8, 1935 Killed near the Eastern Gate of Banff National Park, while attempting to apprehend three young Doukhobor robber suspects, murderers of Cst. Shaw.
58 11326 Sgt. Thomas Sellar Wallace April 1, 1932 - October 8, 1935 Killed at the Eastern Gate of Banff National Park, while attempting to apprehend three young Doukhobor robber suspects, murderers of Cst. Shaw.
59 11150 Cst. Daniel Miller November 5, 1931 - October 14, 1935 Died of injuries sustained in a motor car accident, when on duty with Sgt. Lucas F., near Newcastle, N.B.
60 11818 Cst. George Edward Horan November 16, 1932 - March 10, 1937 Killed in an automobile accident, near Belleville, Ontario.
61 12093 Cst. William George Boorman November 15, 1933 - May 26, 1937 Accidentally shot, while hunting seal in the vicinity of Elsie Island, about forty five miles north east of Port Harrison, Hudson Bay.
62 12690 Cst. Willis Edward Rhodeniser July 2, 1935 - August 26,1939 Shot and killed near Carlyle, Sask., while leading a posse in search of Nelson Sammy, an Indian wanted for questioning in connection with the murder of his wife and her parents.
63 11046 Cst. Norman Alfred Gleadow October 1, 1931 - October 11, 1939 Murdered by Ernest Flook at Esterhazy, Sask., while on duty.
64 7606 Sgt. Arthur Julian Barker April 10, 1919 - March 16, 1940 Shot and killed in the Grand Hotel at Shaunavon, Sask., by Victor Greenlay.
65 11298 Cst. Frederick Gordon Frank Counsell March 21, 1932 - May 22, 1940 Shot and killed at Parkland, Alberta, by Charles Hansen, who was wanted for the shooting of his son.
66 10655 Cst. Harry G. Rapeer July 24, 1929 - May 23, 1940 Accidentally killed, while endeavouring to stop a runaway team of horses, at Regina, Sask.
67 12223 Eng. 3rd Class Daniel Everett Gillis August 1, 1932 - March 26, 1941 Died from exsposure, when H.M.C.S. “Otter” caught fire and foundered, off Halifax, N.S.
68 10063 Cst. Charles James Johnstone January 30, 1924 - May 1, 1941 Lost at sea, as a result of an attack, from an enemy U-boat, while serving the R.C.M.P. Provost Company.
69 10982 Sgt. Louis Romeo Dubuc August 19, 1931 - September 27, 1941 Killed in action, while flying an R.C.A.F. bomber to England from Ireland.
70 11003 Cst. Charles Floyd Patterson August 27, 1931 - November 25, 1941 Accidentally killed, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Company, overseas.
71 12168 1st Officer Patrick Reginald Fairburn Milthorp April 21, 1933 - February 1942 Killed when H.M.C.S. “Spikenard”, was sunk by enemy action.
72 12572 Cst. Peter Seddon Oliver June 22, 1935 - August 19, 1942 Killed in action at Dieppe, France, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Company.
73 12130 Master John Willard Bonner April 1, 1932 - September 11, 1942 Killed during the monty of Sept. 1942, when H.M.C.S. “Charlottetown”, was sunk by enemy action.
74 13205 Cst. James
Harvard Delamere Bedlington November 1, 1938 - April 30, 1943 Accidentally killed in a motorcycle accident in England, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Company.
75 O.298 Surgeon Maurice Powers, B.A., M.D., C.M. January 1, 1937 - October 20, 1943 Accidentally killed in an airplane accident, while in the performance of duty, near Red Pheasant, Sask.
76 13064 Cst. Terence Graham Newcomen Watts July 1, 1937 - December 28, 1943 Killed by shell fire, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Company, in Italy.
77 12856 Cst. Edison Alexander Cameron April 16, 1937 - December 28, 1943 Killed in action, while serving with No 1 Provost Company R.C.M.P., in Italy.
78 13157 Cst. David Charles Gardner Moon July 5, 1937 - December 28, 1943 Died as a result of shell fire wounds received in action, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Co., in Italy.
79 12965 Cst. Gordon Evan Bondurant July 1, 1937 - January 8, 1944 Died as a result of wounds from bomb fragments received in action, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Co., in Italy.
80 13678 Cst. Kenneth Laurence d'Albenas September 6, 1940 - May 15, 1944 Killed when the jeep he was riding in was destroyed by a Teller mine, while serving with R.C.M.P. Provost Co., in Italy.
81 20307 3/Cst. John Terrence Hoey January 6, 1958 - November 7, 1958 Shot and killed at Botwood, Newfoundland, while investigating a complaint.
82 12398 Cst. John Francis Joseph Nelson June 19, 1934 - May 22, 1944 Killed in action, while serving the R.C.M.P. Provost Co., in Italy.
83 12108 Cst. Donald Gilbert Stackhouse January 8, 1934 - May 31, 1944 Killed when his motorcycle hit a Teller mine, while serving with the R.C.M.P. Provost Co., in Italy.
84 12983 Cst. Wilfred James Cobble July 1, 1937 - December 4, 1946 Died of injuries received, when struck by a truck on the highway, at Lavoy, Alta., while on duty.
85 11645 Cst. Carl Frizzle Wilson April 1, 1932 - September 9, 1948 Died of injuries received, when struck by an automobile, while directing traffic at the scene of a highway accident, near Portaupique, N.S.
86 5816 Cst. Alexander Gamman June 1, 1914 - May 26, 1950 Died of wounds received, attempting to apprehend an armed bank robber, in Montreal, Que.
87 14819 Cst. Joseph Kasimir Sander February 8, 1947 - July 9, 1954 Drowned in the Red Deer River, near Swan River, Man., while on patrol.
88 16141 Cst. Ronald Charles Bloomfield June 9, 1950 - July 9, 1954 Drowned in the Red Deer River, near Swan River, Man., while on patrol.
89 18050 Cst. William Lawrence Melsom January 6, 1953 - February 8, 1956 Accidentally killed in a traffic accident at Port Alberni, B.C., while responding to an emergency call for police assistance.
90 O.385 Insp. David James McCombe May 23, 1927 - December 12, 1955 Died from exposure while on patrol near Cutknife, Sask.
91 17298 Cst. John Roland Cobley October 12 1951 - January 5, 1957 Died of injuries received when struck by an automobile on the highway, near Salmon Arm, B.C., while on duty.
92 14588 Cpl. Herbert Milton Smart June 8, 1943 - June 7, 1958 Accidentally drowned in Lake Simcoe, near Georgina Island, Ontario, while on patrol.
93 19469 2/Cst. Maurice Melnychuk June 4, 1956 - June 7, 1958 Accidentally drowned in Lake Simcoe, near Georgina Island, Ontario, while on patrol.
94 19478 2/Cst. Glen Frederick Farough June 11, 1956 - June 7, 1958 Accidentally drowned in Lake Simcoe, near Georgina Island, Ontario, while on patrol.
95 19879 2/Cst. David Melvyn Perry April 5, 1957 - June 7, 1958 Accidentally drowned in Lake Simcoe, near Georgina Island, Ontario, while on patrol.
96 19915 2/Cst. George Herbert Edward Ransom April 15, 1957 - June 7, 1958 Accidentally drowned in Lake Simcoe, near Georgina Island, Ontario, while on patrol.
97 10880 S/Sgt. Stanley Samuel Rothwell November 22, 1930 - August 6, 1958 Killed in an airplane accident, while in the performance of duty, along the East Shore of Skaha Lake, B.C.
98 14740 Cst. Richard William Green August 6, 1946 - August 6, 1958 Killed in an airplane accident, while in the performance of duty, along the East Shore of Skaha Lake, B.C.
99 10410 S/Cst. Joseph Edouard Raymond Cormier October 24, 1949 - August 6, 1958 Killed in an airplane accident, while in the performance of duty, along the East Shore of Skaha Lake, B.C.
100 19731 Cst. Colin Eric Lelliott January 3, 1957 - January 12, 1960 Shot and killed at Cambridge Bay, N.W.T., while attempting to arrest an escaped Eskimo, Jimmy Ayalik.
101 20366 Cst. Ronald Arthur Ekstrom March 20, 1958 - April 22, 1961 Accidentally killed in a non-collision traffic accident, while in the performance of duty, near Lytton, B.C.
102 S/4218 S/Cst. Henry Clare Jarvis July 19, 1940 - July 15, 1941 Drowned near Lock 25, Cornwall Canal, Iroquois, Ontario, while on duty.
103 S/3185 S/Cst. Joseph Henry Kent November 1, 1939 - November 5, 1941 Died of injuries received when struck by an automobile on the Welland Ship Canal Bridge, St. Catharines, Ont., while proceeding off duty.
104 10155 Cst. Albert Joseph Chartrand January 22, 1926 - February 13, 1942 Died of a heart attack on duty aboard the R.C.M.P. Schooner St. Roch which was frozen in at Pasley Bay, N.W.T.
105 11371 Cpl. Laurance Percival Ryder April 1, 1932 - January 20, 1943 Died of pneumonia after a cerebral hemorrhage at Fisher Memorial Hospital, Woodstock, N.B., possible caused from injuries sustained on duty.
106 14890 2/Cst. James Boyd Henderson May 1, 1947 - August 7, 1948 Drowned in the St. Lawrence River near Gananoque & Kingston, Ont., while on duty.
107 14757 Cst. Herschel Taylor Wood October 9, 1946 - July 16, 1950 Died of injuries received in a police car accident near Glacier Park, Montana, U.S.A., while on duty.
108 16810 Cst. Stephen Kasper January 24, 1951 11 - May 1953 Killed in an airplane accident, in Prince Rupert Harbour, B.C., while on duty.
109 15802 Cst. Douglas Earl Ferguson June 8, 1949 - September 17, 1954 Died of carbon monoxide poisoning aboard the KINGALIK , near Cape Alexander, N.W.T., while on duty.
110 14694 Cst. Roy Eldon Laird April 16, 1946 - August 26, 1955 Killed in a non-collision traffic accident on the Ranchville Road, near Medicine Hat, Alta., while on duty.
111 15303 Cst. Charles William Reay May 15, 1947 - October 6, 1955 Drowned in the Churchill River, at Island Falls, Sask., while on duty.
112 18656 2/Cst. Henry Charles Allington Chandler July 23, 1954 - June 15, 1956 Died of injuries received in a traffic accident, at Millview, Halifax County, N.S., while on duty.
113 18165 Cst. Carl Lennart Sundell April 20, 1953 - July 14, 1958 Accidentally shot at Herschel Island, Y.T., while on duty.
114 20958 Cst. Wayne Sinclair April 24, 1959 - September 17, 1961 Died of severe internal injuries received in a non-collision traffic accident on Highway No 6, near Regina, Sask., while on duty.
115 18200 Cst. Joseph Thor Thompson May 11, 1953 - December 18, 1961 Died at Selkirk, Man., of injuries received, while on duty on Sept. 26, 1957, when Police Transport was struck by wheels of a landing aircraft near Lethbridge Airport, Alberta.
116 19233 Cst. Elwood Joseph Keck January 17, 1956 - June 18, 1962 Shot and killed near Kamloops, B.C., while investigating a complaint.
117 20215 Cst. Donald George Weisgerber October 16, 1957 - June 18, 1962 Shot and killed near Kamloops, B.C., while investigating a complaint..
118 20865 Cst. Gordon Eric Pedersen February 24, 1959 - June 18, 1962 Shot and killed near Kamloops, B.C., while investigating a complaint.
119 21512 Cst. Archille Octave Maxime Lepine July 15, 1960 - July 19, 1962 Died of injuries received in a motor vehicle accident, on the Trans Canada Hwy., near Cloverdale, B.C., while on duty.
120 17334 Cst. James Walter Foreman October 31, 1951 - April 24, 1963 Died of injuries sustained, when accidentally struck by an automobile on the shoulder of the highway, near Sangudo, Alberta, while helping a motorist in trouble.
121 17368 Sgt. Kenneth Morley Laughland November 15, 1951 - July 13, 1963 Killed in an R.C.M.P. aircraft, which crashed when attempting to land at Carmacks, Y.T.
122 19626 Cpl. Robert William Asbil August 8, 1956 - July 13, 1963 Killed in an R.C.M.P. aircraft, which crashed when attempting to land at Carmacks, Y.T.
123 18570 Cst. Proctor Laurence Anthony Malcolm March 1, 1954 - July 13, 1963 Killed in an R.C.M.P. aircraft, which crashed when attempting to land at Carmacks, Y.T.
124 19206 Cst. William John David Annand December 28, 1955 - July 13, 1963 Killed in an R.C.M.P. aircraft, which crashed when attempting to land at Carmacks, Y.T.
125 22055 Cst. Joseph Pierre Francois Dubois July 6, 1961 - January 3, 1964 Killed in a police car accident, at Fauvel Quebec, while on escort duty.
126 17644 Cpl. Ervin Jack Giesbrecht March 25, 1952 - June 20, 1964 Drowned while on patrol, when his police car went out of control and plunged into the water at the Coffer Dam, at Hybord, Manitoba.
127 22240 Cst. Robert Weston Amey January 3, 1962 - December 17, 1964 Shot at Whitbourne, Nfld., by Melvin Peter Young, one of four prisoners, who escaped from St. John’s penitentiary.
128 23499 3/Cst. Reginald Wayne Williams April 10, 1964 - December 19, 1964 Accidentally drowned, while on patrol, when his police car skidded and plunged into the water, off the ice-covered Government Dock, at Sooke, B.C.
129 20598 Cst. David Brian Robinson June 16, 1958 - February 2, 1965 Died in hospital at Saskatoon, Sask., from an accidental bullet wound, inflicted by another member cleaning a service revolver, in preparation for an inspection, at Humboldt, Sask.
130 20824 Cst. Neil McArthur Bruce February 19, 1959 - April 14, 1965 Died in hospital at Kelowna, B.C., of pneumonia from complications resulting from a bullet wound inflicted by Russell Spears at Power Creek, B.C., while investigating a complaint.
131 20388 Cst. Thomas Percy Carroll April 1, 1958 - February 11, 1966 Killed in a plane crash while in the performance of his duties at Cyril Lake, Manitoba.
132 24014 3/Cst. Philip John Francis Tidman May 21, 1965 - April 20, 1966 Killed in a police car accident, near Wakaw, Sask., while on escort duty.
133 23018 Cst. Gordon Donald Pearson April 3, 1963 - November 22, 1966 Killed as a result of a bullet wound inflicted by Charles Wilfred Hill, when investigating a disturbance, at Winterburn, Alberta.
134 25214 3/Cst. Terry Eugene Tomfohr October 25, 1966 - June 3, 1967 Accidentally killed while in performance of duty, at Burnaby, B.C.
135 17129 Cpl. Donald Archibald Harvey July 23, 1951 - June 23, 1967 Killed as a result of a bullet wound, inflicted by Leonard Otto Borg, at Grande Prairie, Alberta.
136 2181 Cst. Alfred Perry July 12, 1888 - June 8, 1889 Drowned in the Belly River, near Lethbridge, N.W.T., while on patrol. (Today it is part of Alberta)
137 25094 3/Cst. Robert William Varney September 15, 1966 - August 17, 1967 Killed in a police car accident, near Raymond, Alberta, while on duty.
138 26042 2/Cst. James Alexander Kerr August 28, 1967 December 11, 1968 Killed in a motor vehicle accident, near Ste Anne, N.B., while on duty.
139 19508 Cpl. Terry Gerrard Williams June 26, 1956 - June 8, 1969 Drowned while on duty, in boating accident, in Sheet Harbour Passage, Halifax County, N.S.
140 26402 Cst. William Joseph Green March 4, 1968 - October 4, 1970 Died on duty, as a result of injuries received in a motor vehicle accident, while responding to a call at Invermere, B.C.
141 15445 Sgt. Robert James Schrader June 10, 1948 - October 9, 1970 Shot and killed, while on duty, investigating a domestic dispute, near MacDowall, Sask.
142 21129 Cst. Douglas Bernard Anson October 21, 1959 - October 9, 1970 Shot and killed, while on duty, investigating a domestic dispute, near MacDowall, Sask.
143 15190 Sgt. James Aldridge O'Malley September 3, 1948 - October 28, 1970 Drowned in the Kettle River near Gillam, Manitoba, while on duty conducting a search for a drowned body, when his small boat capsized.
144 25165 Cst. Derek Thomas Ivany October 11, 1966 - June 25, 1971 Died of injuries received in a police car accident at St. Arthur, N.B., on June 24, 1971, responding to a complaint of a shooting incident.
145 22976 Cst. Harold Stanley Seigel January 24, 1963 - September 26, 1971 Shot and killed while on duty, attempting to remove a person later declared insane, from a private residence, at Iles des Chenes, Manitoba.
146 22830 Cst. Michael Robert Mason September 5, 1962 - November 26, 1971 Drowned while on duty enroute to Campbell River, B.C., when the private aircraft, in which he was a passenger, crashed into the Courtenay River at Courtenay, B.C.
147 29984 Cst. Roger Emile Pierlet August 9, 1972 - March 29, 1974 Shot and killed while on duty at Cloverdale, B.C., during a routine vehicle check.
148 28371 Cst. Joseph Michel Benoit Létourneau September 15, 1970 - April 2, 1974 Died in a motor vehicle accident, near St. Etienne des Gres, Quebec, while on duty in a police vehicle.
149 29978 Cst. Joseph Henri Clément Tremblay August 9, 1972 - April 2, 1974 Died in a motor vehicle accident, near St. Etienne des Gres, Quebec, while on duty in a police vehicle.
150 27160 Cst. John Terrance Draginda March 3, 1969 - September 29, 1974 Died in a motor vehicle accident, in Surrey, .B.C., while on duty in a police vehicle.
151 25163 Cst. John Brian Baldwinson October 7, 1966 - October 28, 1975 Died in a motor vehicle accident, in Surrey, B.C., while on duty in a police vehicle.
152 25308 Cst. Dennis Modest Nicklos Shwaykowski December 3, 1966 - April 6, 1977 Killed when thrown off a moving truck, while attempting to apprehend the driver, in Red Deer, Alberta.
153 24526 Cpl. Barry Warren Lidstone January 27, 1966 - January 6, 1978 Shot and killed on duty, while investigating a domestic dispute, near Hoyt, New Brunswick.
154 33554 Cst. Joseph Perry Brophy September 7, 1976 - January 6, 1978 Shot and killed on duty, while investigating a domestic dispute, near Hoyt, New Brunswick.
155 32104 Cst. Dennis Anthony Onofrey November 25, 1974 - January 23, 1978 Shot and killed in a motel, in Virden, Manitoba, while investigating a reported stolen motor vehicle.
156 31915 Cst. Thomas Brian King January 4 , 1971 - April 25, 1978 Shot and killed on duty, while checking a motor vehicle, at Saskatoon, Sask.
157 S/1692 S/Cst. George David Foster January 6, 1971 - September 4, 1977 Killed while piloting an aircraft, which crashed on a flight from Vancouver to Victoria, B.C.
158 30791 Cst. Lindberg Bruce Davis August 14, 1973 - January 8, 1979 Killed in a train/car collision, while on duty, at Portage La Prairie, Manitoba.
159 31962 Cst. Mark Percy McLachlan October 21, 1974 - February 2, 1979 Killed in a truck/car accident, while on duty, 90 miles northwest of Whitehorse, Yukon.
160 31641 Cst. William Iraneus Seward July 29, 1974 - February 15, 1978 Killed on duty, in a police car accident, at Toronto, Ontario.
161 32217 Cst. Joseph Léon Michel Doucet January 17, 1975 - August 18, 1979 Killed on duty, in a plane crash, at St. Antoine, Kent Co., N.B.
162 30749 Cst. Gordon Alfred Brooks August 7, 1973 - November 12, 1979 Drowned while on duty, near Cape Dorset, N.W.T.
163 S/623 S/Cst. Ningeoseak Etidloi June 14, 1972 - November 12, 1979 Drowned while on duty, near Cape Dorset, N.W.T.
164 26522 Cst. Roy John William Karwaski April 8, 1968 - May 24, 1980 Died from internal injuries received in a police car accident, at Prince Albert, Sask.
165 29833 Cst. Richard John Sedgwick May 23, 1972 - August 16, 1980 Died from injuries received in a police car accident, near Airdrie, Alberta.
166 33580 Cst. Thomas James Agar September 23, 1976 - September 19, 1980 Shot and killed on duty, at Richmond Detachment, Richmond, B.C.
167 25876 Cpl. Ole Roust Larsen July 12, 1967 - August 11, 1981 Shot and killed on duty, at Climax Detachment, Climax, Sask.
168 29685 Cst. James Franklin Thomas April 11, 1972 - August 31, 1981 Killed while on duty, in a motor vehicle accident, near Christina Lake, British Columbia.
169 31787 Cst. Barry Flynn McKinnon September 4, 1974 - December 16, 1981 Killed while on duty, in a motor vehicle accident, near Hamilton, Ontario.
170 36327 Cst. Douglas Ambrose Mark Butler September 30, 1980 - October 16, 1982 Killed while on duty, in a motor vehicle accident, near Oxbow, Sask.
171 S/2706 S/Cst. Wayne Graham Myers September 9, 1982 - December 14, 1983 Killed while on duty on the west coast of Vancouver Island, in a helicopter crash. S/Cst. Myers was the pilot of the helicopter.
172 25289 Cpl. Francis Eugene Jones November 28, 1966 - December 14, 1983 Killed while on duty on the west coast of Vancouver Island, in a helicopter crash.
173 28754 Cst. Daniel Lincoln Keough March 10, 1971 - October 27, 1983 Killed while on duty, in a motor vehicle accident , at Anglin Lake, Sask.
174 26574 Cst. Robert Charles Anderson April 10, 1968 - May 4, 1984 Killed while on duty, in a motor vehicle accident, at Kamloops, B.C.
175 28498 Cst. Richard Allan Bourgoin October 26, 1970 - August 31, 1983 Died on duty, while in pursuit of a person suspected of B&E, on the Piapot Reserve, Sask.
176 30318 Cst. Allen Garry Giesbrecht April 2, 1973 - January 13, 1985 Shot and killed on duty, while investigating a domestic dispute, at Vegreville, Alberta.
177 33631 Cst. Michael Joseph Buday October 5, 1976 - March 19, 1985 Shot and killed on duty as an emergency response team member, while attempting to arrest a suspect, in the Teslin Lake area of British Columbia.
178 S/2427 S/Cst. Wayne Philip Boskill January 14, 1975 - January 8, 1986 Killed on duty in an aircraft crash, at Wollaston Lake, Sask. S/Cst. Boskill was the pilot of the aircraft.

180 S/2886 S/Cst. Robert William Cochrane Thomas January 4, 1985 - March 6, 1986 Shot and killed on duty, while conducting a routine vehicle check, at Powerview , Man.
181 21066 Cpl. Budd Maurice Johanson August 24, 1959 - April 4, 1986 Killed on duty in a motor vehicle accident, on Highway 3, near Lethbridge, Alberta.
182 A/3512 A/Cst. Frederick Allan Abel December 11, 1985 - April 4, 1986 Killed on duty in a motor vehicle accident, on Highway 3, near Lethbridge, Alberta.
183 37412 Cst. Joseph Eddy Mario Tessier December 2, 1981 - December 27, 1985 Shot and killed near Gatineau, Quebec.
184 36152 Cst. Scott Gordon Berry July 21, 1980 - June 29, 1986 Died near Clandonald, Alberta, when he came in contact with a live power line, while assisting an injured person who had been involved in a motor vehicle accident
185 S/1550 S/Cst. Gordon Zigmund Kowalczyk May 6, 1975 - January 26, 1987 Murdered on duty at Calgary, Alberta, during a routine traffic stop.
186 31162 Cpl. Derek John Flanagan February 11, 1974 - February 20, 1989 Died as a result of injuries sustained while on special duty, in Chang Mai, Thailand.
187 40153 Cst. Della Sonya Beyak June 10, 1988 - March 15, 1989 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, near Assiniboia, Sask., while on voluntary overtime duty.
188 33607 Cst. Christopher Colin Riglar October 1, 1976 - September 28, 1991 While directing traffic on Highway No 1, on Vancouver Island, Cst. Riglar was hit by a drunk driver. He later died in hospital from his injuries.
189 30967 Cst. Gerald Vernon Maurice Breese November 9, 1973 - October 24, 1990 Died as a direct result of injuries sustained from an RCMP motorcycle accident, while responding to a call, British Columbia.
190 25032 Sgt. Derek Cameron Burkholder August 18, 1966 - June 14, 1996 Shot and killed on duty, while investigating a domestic dispute, at Maders Cove, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia.
191 44134 Cst. Joseph Ernest André Claude Gagné September 2, 1992 - September 6, 1995 Died as a result of a police car accident, on Hyw. 217, in Seabrook, Digby County, Nova Scotia.
192 36330 Cst. Brian John Hutchinson September 30 1980 - August 16, 1991 Death resulted from an aneurysm, directly related to injuries sustained from a blow to the head, during the Oka crisis in August 1990, Oka, Quebec.
193 41129 Cst. Joseph Luc François (Frank) Carrière (inscription is in French on the Cenotaph & Honour Roll) August 9, 1989 - November 30, 1997 Death resulted from a scuba diving accident, during an underwater search of a vessel’s hull, for suspected contraband drugs, in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
194 37348 Cpl. Graeme Charles Cumming November 13, 1981 - August 12, 1998 Killed while investigating a complaint of hay bales spilled on Hwy #2, when his PMV was struck from behind and burst into flames, approx. 2 km. west of Kipp, Alberta.
195 35689 Cst. Joseph Ernest Jean-Guy Daniel Bourdon January 22, 1980 - May 7, 1999 Killed while working alone on highway patrol duties, on Hwy. #11, 15 kms. south of Saskatoon, Sask., when he was struck by a semi-trailer.
196 32250 Cst. Jurgen Siegfried Seewald February 10, 1975 - March 5, 2001 Shot and killed on duty, while investigating a domestic dispute, in Cape Dorset, Nunavut.
197 40120 Cst. Dennis Douglas Strongquill April 14, 1981 - December 21, 2001 Shot and killed while on general patrol duties, near Russell, Manitoba.
198 45279 Cst. Christine Elizabeth Diotte May 6, 1996 - March 12, 2002 While at scene of single motor vehicle accident, member was struck and killed by another motor vehicle, near Banff, Alberta.
199 45528 Cst. Wael Toufic Audi September 16, 1996 - March 29, 2002 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, while on general patrol duties, near Squamish, B.C.
200 S/822 S/Cst. Norman Massan November 15, 1927 - April 19, 1931 Drowned near the mouth of Fourteen River, Hudson Bay, while on patrol with Cst. MacDonell.
* Reference Honour Roll # 50
201 45194 Cst. Jimmy Ng March 18, 1996 - September 15 2002 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, while responding to a report of an alarm, in Richmond, B.C.
202 40876 Cst. Joseph Léo Ghislain Maurice March 6, 1989 - June 10, 2003 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, while conducting traffic law enforcement, near Sherwood Park, Alberta.
203 27332 Cpl. James Wilbert Gregson Galloway May 6, 1969 - February 28, 2004 Shot and killed on duty, while assisting the Edmonton Emergency Response Team, in Spruce Grove, Alberta.
204 A/5547 A/Cst. Joseph Ernest (Sam) Balmer June 4, 1991 - August 29, 1991 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, while responding to a complaint of a domestic dispute, near 150 Mile House, British Columbia.
205 A/9447 A/Cst. Glen Gregory Evely September 18, 2002 - November 13, 2004 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, while patrolling in the area of a suspected stolen vehicle and high speed pursuit, in Vernon, B.C.
206 49673 Cst. Anthony Fitzgerald Orion Gordon October 15, 2002 - March 3, 2005 Shot and killed on duty, by a deranged suspect, near Mayerthorpe, Alberta.
207 48568 Cst. Lionide (Leo) Nicholas Johnston April 17, 2001 - March 3, 2005 Shot and killed on duty, by a deranged suspect, near Mayerthorpe, Alberta.
208 51874 Cst. Brock Warren Myrol February 7, 2005 - March 3, 2005 Shot and killed on duty, by a deranged suspect, near Mayerthorpe, Alberta.
209 48064 Cst. Peter Christopher Schiemann November 27, 2000 - March 3, 2005 Shot and killed on duty, by a deranged suspect, near Mayerthorpe, Alberta.
210 A/1481 A/Cst. Dennis Lenard Fraser July 11, 1975 - June 4, 1980 Killed while attempting to stop a suspected impaired driver at Port Alberni, British Columbia.
211 45297 Cst. José Manuel Agostinho May 21, 1996 - July 4, 2005 Killed from injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident near Millet, Alberta.
212 48795 Cst. Robin Lynelle Cameron July 23, 2001 - July 15, 2006 Killed from gunshot wounds sustained while responding to a domestic dispute call on July 7, 2006 near Mildred, Saskatchewan.
213 48100 Cst. Marc Joseph Denis Bourdages December 11, 2000 - July 16, 2006 Killed from gunshot wounds sustained while responding to a domestic dispute call on July 7, 2006 near Mildred, Saskatchewan.
214 S/3367 S/Cst. Nancy Marie Puttkemery September 29, 1975 - December 9, 1989 Died as a result of an aircraft accident on December 9, 1989 at Crossfield, Alberta.
215 S/1969 S/Cst. Vincent Norman Timms, C.D. January 18, 1978 - December 9, 1989 Died as a result of an aircraft accident on December 9, 1989 at Crossfield, Alberta.
216 32787 Sgt. Edwin Michael Mobley September 2, 1975 - August 15, 2000 Died as a result of an aircraft accident on August 15, 2000 at Teslin Lake, British Columbia.
217 S/3863 S/Cst. Timothy James Nicholson April 1, 1992 - August 15, 2000 Died as a result of an aircraft accident on August 15, 2000 at Teslin Lake, British Columbia.
218 37655 Cst. Joseph Martial Maurice Jean Minguy March 16, 1982 - June 3, 2005 Died while testing an inland water transport on June 3, 2005 at Lake Okanagan, British Columbia.
219 49314 Cst. Christopher John Worden February 18, 2002 - October 6, 2007 Killed while on duty after sustaining multiple gunshot wounds during a foot pursuit of a fleeing suspect, on October 6, 2007, in Hay River, Northwest Territories.
220 54592 Cst. Douglas Allen Scott April 23, 2007 - November 5, 2007 Died from a gunshot wound sustained while responding to a call for assistance involving an impaired driver on November 5, 2007 at Kimmirut, Nunavut.
221 345 Cst. George Hamilton Johnston June 9, 1879 -
May 23, 1882 Accidentally shot at Fort Walsh, Northwest Territories.
222 49108 Cst. James Lloyd Lundblad November 5, 2001 -
May 5, 2009 Died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, while conducting traffic law enforcement, near Millet, Alberta.
223 31502 Cst. Norman Harry Atkins May 15, 1974 -
July 8, 1995 Died as a result of a police car collision on Highway 7, near Finnegans Hill, Queens County, New Brunswick.
224 58586 Cst. Chelsey Alice Robinson December 7, 2009 -
June 21, 2010 Died as a result of a two vehicle collision while on patrol on Highway 16 in Stony Plain, Alberta.
225 46470 Sgt. Mark Charles Gallagher January 18, 1998 -
January 12, 2010 Died as a result of a massive earthquake on January 12, 2010, while on mission in Haiti.
226 O.1875 C/Supt. Douglas Edward Coates September 15, 1978 -
January 16, 2010 Died as a result of a massive earthquake on January 16, 2010, while on mission in Haiti.
227 S/9161 S/Cst. Andrew Ooyoumut June 1, 1946 -
July 21, 1954 Drowned in the Kikatavyuk River, Nunavut, (formerly known as Northwest Territories, while on special duty.
228 57529 Cst. Michael Bernard Potvin May 4, 2009 -
July 30, 2010 Drowned when the RCMP boat he was in capsized on the Stewart River in Mayo, Yukon.
229 C.7182 David John Brolin June 2, 2006 - January 17, 2012 Died as a result of a helicopter accident, while training with the Emergency Response Team, on January 17, 2012, near Chilliwack, British Columbia.
230 55042 Cst. Derek William Henry Pineo Aug 20, 2007 - July 20, 2012 Died as a result of a police car accident near Wilkie, Saskatchewan on July 20, 2012.

Ken07AOVette
08-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Sometimes it works. I don't do any of the above either but because I ride a bike I'm often stopped, detained while they run my ID and constantly have to ask for my property (pocket knife) back when they finally decide I'm not a dirt bag thug and let me go. No I've lost any respect I had for most RCMP. I understand theirs is a stressful dangerous job meant to keep the populace safe but enough profiling, all motorcycle enthusiasts aren't "bikers" patched of not

'often stopped'???

Where?

I rode my bikes a LOT in Edmonton, Calgary, Grande Prairie, Banff, Dawson, Lloydminster, Lethbridge, Medicine hat, Saskatoon, Regina, Ft St John, Wainwright, Vermilion, Vegreville, North Battleford, Chetwynd, Prince George to name a few, and have never been stopped on a motorcycle, even once.

58thecat
08-05-2013, 02:20 PM

Yes now everyone listen to this post. Why does society have to raise people that their parents needed to raise? Now they are every else's problem, a smack up side the head is a good thing so that later in life it does not turn into this B.S.:mad0030:

leeaspell
08-05-2013, 02:26 PM
'often stopped'???

Where?

I rode my bikes a LOT in Edmonton, Calgary, Grande Prairie, Banff, Dawson, Lloydminster, Lethbridge, Medicine hat, Saskatoon, Regina, Ft St John, Wainwright, Vermilion, Vegreville, North Battleford, Chetwynd, Prince George to name a few, and have never been stopped on a motorcycle, even once.

Maybe he's one of those guys who likes to open it wide open leaving every set of lights and seeing how many gears they can get through before the next set of lights lol

lone wolf
08-05-2013, 02:26 PM

Funny how that works!

BEST post on the subject. I have been stopped numerous times ~ always sober, polite & respectful. I am not a sheep nor a victim of some police state. Simply a law abiding citizen, acknowledging someone who (on a daily basis) deals with the worst that society has to offer. Be ignorant, confrontational or abusive then you get what you deserve IMHO.

DiabeticKripple
08-05-2013, 02:29 PM
This weekend in Edson there was lots of RCMP. I only had one run in with an officer when he noticed my tinted windows and told me to peel it off right there. I just said I'd rather do it properly the next morning. He let me go :)

58thecat
08-05-2013, 02:30 PM
BEST post on the subject. I have been stopped numerous times ~ always sober, polite & respectful. I am not a sheep nor a victim of some police state. Simply a law abiding citizen, acknowledging someone who (on a daily basis) deals with the worst that society has to offer. Be ignorant, confrontational or abusive then you get what you deserve IMHO.

Second best...toe the line and all is well, step over it and well...ahhh consequences!

molly09
08-05-2013, 02:46 PM

are you living in the same country as this discussion ?

greylynx
08-05-2013, 03:37 PM
That's a long list of sadness for sure,220 dead, but tossing in traffic acidents, plane crashes etc in that list is hardly a valid point for shooting suspects. If this is the total number of deaths since 1873 it is tiny compared to the occupational deaths in many other professions.
After reading thru the list it seems swimming lessons would be a better idea for training.

Were any of these murdered and wounded individuals carrying guns? Knives?

pgavey
08-05-2013, 03:51 PM
I also have been across Canada twice on my harley all over the USA and have never been stopped once in the last 15 years. Maybe when they run your plate and something comes back they want to take a better look?

sailor
08-05-2013, 04:06 PM
I was in the Navy and we hate Infantry ,Both N and Inf. hate cops,
but wouldn't any of us shoot those 5 Crookes being confronted?
So why we keep attacking those boys(cops)?(It just happened it was a cop,could be any of us as well)I am sure a lot of people were intimidated by them that night.
Probably there were complaints as well,so Cop showed up on the scene- could stay in Tim Horton's and everything would be as usual.
Inspite my internal dislike to cops I should accept he deserves a medal.
At least I would buy him a good konjak.!:bad_boys_20:

greylynx
08-05-2013, 04:15 PM
What is happening in society today is a lot of honest law abiding citizens have been picked on, or bullied by the RCMP and their government owners like low hanging fruit. Ironically, these very citizens pay for the RCMP and their masters.

With social media like AO one is not surprised that people like to make a comment that is not politically correct to certain members who like to kiss the butt of policeman.

bird_dog
08-05-2013, 04:52 PM
What is happening in society today is a lot of honest law abiding citizens have been picked on, or bullied by the RCMP and their government owners like low hanging fruit. Ironically, these very citizens pay for the RCMP and their masters.

With social media like AO one is not surprised that people like to make a comment that is not politically correct to certain members who like to kiss the butt of policeman.

There is kissing ass and then there is showing respect towards a professional and a human being. Besides, if you need help, who you gonna call? Ghostbusters?

Don K
08-05-2013, 05:12 PM
'often stopped'???

Where?

I was stopped about 20 years ago, and rightly so as I was doubling the posted speed limit on hwy 2... It was at 2 AM and the officer let me go with a $75 tickt and a 'Slow Down!!!' I don't have that bike anymore, bought a Harley and haven't been stopped since. Play by the rules and life treats you right.

Look at the clowns that get in trouble in Mexico and other holiday destinations. If they were not in questionable areas doing questionable things at questionable times things would be better for them too.

greylynx
08-05-2013, 05:30 PM
There is kissing ass and then there is showing respect towards a professional and a human being. Besides, if you need help, who you gonna call? Ghostbusters?

I had two grease ball punks roll a car on my land, one of them was squished tro death. To this very day I have no idea who they were.

I did not even know of the incident until two days later.

The RCMP treated me like I was a perpetrator of the incident....until the head honchos of K division in in Edmonton started hearing my howling.

I also have a bunch of other incidents that have happened to me over the years.

I am a person who has not even had a speeding ticket in his entire life.

Eddy62
08-05-2013, 05:36 PM

Funny how that works!

I am the same ken and I have no problems with our law enforcement either they have all my respect

Ken07AOVette
08-05-2013, 05:36 PM
I was stopped about 20 years ago, and rightly so as I was doubling the posted speed limit on hwy 2... It was at 2 AM and the officer let me go with a $75 tickt and a 'Slow Down!!!' I don't have that bike anymore, bought a Harley and haven't been stopped since. Play by the rules and life treats you right.

Look at the clowns that get in trouble in Mexico and other holiday destinations. If they were not in questionable areas doing questionable things at questionable times things would be better for them too.

THIS!

/end thread

sailor
08-05-2013, 07:02 PM
I was in the Navy and we hate Infantry ,Both N and Inf. hate cops,
but wouldn't any of us shoot those 5 Crookes being confronted?
So why we keep attacking those boys(cops)?(It just happened it was a cop,could be any of us as well)I am sure a lot of people were intimidated by them that night.
Probably there were complaints as well,so Cop showed up on the scene- could stay in Tim Horton's and everything would be as usual.
Inspite my internal dislike to cops I should accept he deserves a medal.
At least I would buy him a good konjak.!:bad_boys_20:

So, who agree or disagree with me?

sask
08-05-2013, 07:05 PM

This

Sneeze
08-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Make it a life destroying event getting caught driving with 2 beers in your gut.

Act shocked when these guys decide they are not going quietly.

Just shoot them instead.

hal53
08-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Make it a life destroying event getting caught driving with 2 beers in your gut.

Act shocked when these guys decide they are not going quietly.

Just shoot them instead.
very weak argument........

NEWB
08-05-2013, 07:25 PM

Tim Hortons or Starbucks is who im going to call. That's where the cops are when I needed them in the past.

Now I don't bother dealing with them as they are lazy, incompetent and treat me like a criminal when ever I've had an issue. When I need advice on breaking the law I'll contact the EPS and RCMP. The members are fluent and well versed in this and avoiding criminal charges/prosecution.

Respect is earned not automatically given.

hal53
08-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Tim Hortons or Starbucks is who im going to call. That's where the cops are when I needed them in the past.

Now I don't bother dealing with them as they are lazy, incompetent and treat me like a criminal when ever I've had an issue. When I need advice on breaking the law I'll contact the EPS and RCMP. The members are fluent and well versed in this and avoiding criminal charges/prosecution.

Respect is a 2 way street........

bird_dog
08-05-2013, 07:30 PM

What reaction do you expect to get if you have this kind of an attitude? You reap what you sew.

NEWB
08-05-2013, 07:38 PM
What reaction do you expect to get if you have this kind of an attitude? You reap what you sew.

Yes... The police reap what they sew....
What's wrong with questioning law enforcement?

Shall I start provide the endless sources citing police corruption, criminal activity, purjury on the stands..

Time to open your eyes...

hal53
08-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Yes... The police reap what they sew....

Shall I start provide the endless sources citing police corruption, criminal activity, purjury on the stands..

Time to open your eyes...
what's purjury???......

NEWB
08-05-2013, 07:43 PM
what's purjury???......

It was a typo. It should read perjury.

pikergolf
08-05-2013, 08:03 PM
more.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2013/08/05/edmonton-pigeon-lake-shooting-cutarm.html

Sneeze
08-05-2013, 08:39 PM
very weak argument........

Not making an argument, making a statement.

Expect more of the same as time wears on, limousine liberals will insist on even more blue collar and aboriginal men fired from work or behind bars.

Not making a statement if the officer was right or wrong.

My statement is was it worth it? Put the men in our society who need the most help in corner and act surprised when people start getting shot.

Ask the RCMP officer if it was worth killing a man over Red Queen's 0.05.

raab
08-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Not making an argument, making a statement.

Expect more of the same as time wears on, limousine liberals will insist on even more blue collar and aboriginal men fired from work or behind bars.

Not making a statement if the officer was right or wrong.

My statement is was it worth it? Put the men in our society who need the most help in corner and act surprised when people start getting shot.

Ask the RCMP officer if it was worth killing a man over Red Queen's 0.05.

Or you could just obey the law.... Plus the 0.5 you lose your license and car for 3 days on the 1st offence. If your 0.8 you get the criminal record.

And here's some stats if you think drinking and driving a a good idea. http://www.madd.org/drunk-driving/about/drunk-driving-statistics.html

Big Daddy Badger
08-05-2013, 10:12 PM
I had two grease ball punks roll a car on my land, one of them was squished tro death. To this very day I have no idea who they were.

I did not even know of the incident until two days later.

The RCMP treated me like I was a perpetrator of the incident....until the head honchos of K division in in Edmonton started hearing my howling.

I also have a bunch of other incidents that have happened to me over the years.

I am a person who has not even had a speeding ticket in his entire life.

Well what are you waiting for Grey?
You can't dance if you're too fat to fly buddy.
Get out there and drive er like you stole er!!
Unleash your inner rebel!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

farmer23
08-05-2013, 10:21 PM
I am quite surprised by some members questioning the officers' reaction to his situation in Pigeon Lake. Whenever I have witnessed RCMP/Edm City Police or Calgary Police doing there job if the person they are dealing with is respectful the police are respectful back. Be ignorant, uncooperative or agressive and I completely agree with their reaction. I am not sure what other job deals with the challenges that being a police officer would deal with day in day out! To me they have the toughest job I know of!

bird_dog
08-05-2013, 10:26 PM

Nothing. A good citizen always questions if the actions of those in power benefit the country as a whole.

Still, if you treat an officer with polite respect you will get a lot further than being a dick. Under the uniform they are a person like you or I.

raab
08-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Nothing. A good citizen always questions if the actions of those in power benefit the country as a whole.

Still, if you treat an officer with polite respect you will get a lot further than being a dick. Under the uniform they are a person like you or I.

This exactly, even if you feel you were wronged keep the situation civil. Contact your lawyer afterwards if you feel the cop violated one of your rights and have them work it out for you. Arguing with a cop will get you no where.

brownbomber
08-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Respect is a 2 way street........

Which is exactly what he said. I'm always respectful to everyone until disrespected.

BeeGuy
08-06-2013, 12:27 AM
The details of this incident will never be known with certainty.

We need know only 1 thing; police services are in disrepair and there is no fix in sight.

Business as usual for an unaccountable bureaucracy and little hope for change.

Big Daddy Badger
08-06-2013, 01:14 AM

I agree...there is a right way and a wrong way to do most things including questioning authority.

But...there is also a right way and a wrong way to exercise that authority and there seem to be too many folks challenged in understanding these things on both sides of the wire.

Big Daddy Badger
08-06-2013, 01:16 AM
The details of this incident will never be known with certainty.

We need know only 1 thing; police services are in disrepair and there is no fix in sight.

Business as usual for an unaccountable bureaucracy and little hope for change.

The problem is that every fix is a bandaide when what we probably need is reconstructive surgery.
We also need to fix society on the whole.
People are more rude and challenging now...the whole country needs politness lessons.

Cappy
08-06-2013, 09:55 AM
I think you hit it on the head Big Daddy. Society as a whole is a lot more rude, disrespectful and generally less keen to take responsibility for their own actions.

58thecat
08-06-2013, 10:41 AM
I think you hit it on the head Big Daddy. Society as a whole is a lot more rude, disrespectful and generally less keen to take responsibility for their own actions.

Yep and now some need a smack...:snapoutofit:

NEWB
08-06-2013, 11:22 AM

I would love to agree with you on the point of showing respect first. However I have been proven wrong on countless times..

The majority of officers I have encountered always seem to have to try to prove something out of the gate by being rude, overly aggressive, lying, trying to intimidate.

If the officers want my respect, they need to show it when they first engage….

With that being said, I have encountered a few members who do credit to the service. I can not paint all with the same brush, however the majority of strokes paint the organization with the same paint…

rwm1273
08-06-2013, 11:43 AM
I am quite surprised by some members questioning the officers' reaction to his situation in Pigeon Lake. Whenever I have witnessed RCMP/Edm City Police or Calgary Police doing there job if the person they are dealing with is respectful the police are respectful back. Be ignorant, uncooperative or agressive and I completely agree with their reaction. I am not sure what other job deals with the challenges that being a police officer would deal with day in day out! To me they have the toughest job I know of!

For the most part, when I have had dealings with police, it is usually a reasonable exchange. If I am pulled over for a driving infraction, I have always been treated reasonably, and it is reciprocated. I was in the wrong, and I deserved to be sanctioned.

However I have also had some cops come to my house, and treat me with disrespect. Accuse me of all kinds of heinous crimes because my ex said I did it, and it makes no difference that I can prove I was not guilty to these cops. I am guilty in their eyes without any need for a trial or evidence. These are the gestapo agents I have no time for, and these are the ones that get recorded, and a letter of complaint gets filed.

Not sure what caused the shootings and taserings recently, but I do think that the punishment for the .005 may be a factor in some incidents that do happen. If you risk losing your vehicle and possibly job because of it due to not actually breaking any laws, I can understand some taking a risk of fleeing the scene.

What I have been reading in the news lately seems to be lots more cases where the police have shot first and asked questions later.

Here is a story of a 95yr old man tasered and then shot with a beanbag slug in a nursing home because he didn't want to have the home take him for medical treatment. http://www.infowars.com/95-year-old-man-tasered-to-death-by-police-in-illinois-nursing-home/ and another article on it. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/08/02/state-police-probe-death-of-elderly-man-shot-by-cops/

And here is a story of cops shooting an unarmed man 11 times. http://rt.com/usa/man-duenez-shooting-video-012/

And another unarmed man shot 15 times just following protocol. Florida’s Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan sees nothing wrong with the fact that officers in his patrol fired 15 shots at an unarmed, 60-year-old black man. The sheriff told CNN that his officers were, in fact, following protocol perfectly. http://www.salon.com/2013/08/02/sheriff_fl_cops_who_shot_unarmed_black_man_followe d_protocol/

And here in Canada the cops shot an unarmed man who was crawling on the road. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/05/28/bc-police-shooting-video-paul-boyd-killed-while-crawling.html

And in Toronto the cops shoot 9 times at man on subway. http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/07/29/sammy-yatim-toronto-streetcar-shooting_n_3671279.html

And then you have all the cases where cops have been shooting people's pets. http://metronews.ca/news/regina/608354/regina-police-shoot-kill-mans-pet-pit-bull-dog-in-his-back-yard/ and this: http://reason.com/blog/2013/04/11/police-shoot-dog-and-actually-compensate

Wolftrapper
08-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Wow. The bad Police are going around all jacked up on sugar from donuts shooting innocent people again.
Hopefully you can all get to conceal carry like you want so you can only shoot the ones that need shooting.
After listening to all the experts on here who know all the facts and know how to do everything, I know that will be the case.

claystone
08-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Yup he was attacking the cop by running away

Big Daddy Badger
08-07-2013, 04:46 PM

That and protest are the foundations of democracy.

When questioning and protest are challenged democracy is under attack.

But yeah like most things in life...there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it.

rwm1273
08-07-2013, 08:27 PM
That and protest are the foundations of democracy.

When questioning and protest are challenged democracy is under attack.

But yeah like most things in life...there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it.

Totally agree. The right way is to vote, write letters, or in specific instances, march in the street with signs. The wrong way is public vandalism, which does not bring you any sympathy when you get pepper sprayed or a baton to the head.

Got Juice?
08-07-2013, 09:07 PM
what's purjury???......

Same thing as using 'sew' instead of 'sow'

####! The grammar police are in here!

Hagalaz
08-11-2013, 06:42 PM

The problem is that the RCMP have become so used to acting however they wish that they use lethal force for just about anything they feel like. Because in the end, they know that they will get away with it.

raab
08-12-2013, 11:17 PM
The problem is that the RCMP have become so used to acting however they wish that they use lethal force for just about anything they feel like. Because in the end, they know that they will get away with it.

:snapoutofit: Be interested to see the stats but I'm guessing less people are being shot now compared to 25 years ago on a per capita basis.

yarmouth
08-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Sounds pretty nuts

foxracing_23
08-25-2013, 12:23 AM
ANARCHY....will be the way of the future, and I fully embrace it. Eye for an Eye. Some men just want to watch the world burn... and I am one of them.
but for real, rcmp and police will be over ruled soon enough due completely to their own actions.
Do not bite the hand that feeds

And yes, my innocent hand feeds your family through taxes. same with everyone on this board, and across the country.

Don't forget, you are "referees, not the judge"
in no better standing than myself or any other law obeying citizen

Big Daddy Badger
08-25-2013, 01:15 AM
ANARCHY....will be the way of the future, and I fully embrace it. Eye for an Eye. Some men just want to watch the world burn... and I am one of them.
but for real, rcmp and police will be over ruled soon enough due completely to their own actions.
Do not bite the hand that feeds

And yes, my innocent hand feeds your family through taxes. same with everyone on this board, and across the country.

Don't forget, you are "referees, not the judge"
in no better standing than myself or any other law obeying citizen

Interesting... you claim to embrace the Anarchist ideology but do not seem to understand what it actually is.

What you described is chaos.:)

foxracing_23
08-25-2013, 01:18 AM
Interesting... you claim to embrace the Anarchist ideology but do not seem to understand what it actually is.

What you described is chaos.:)

As I said... " some men just want to watch the world burn" .....Powerfull quote, and no its not from "the watchmen"

EDIT: Anarchy simply described is no form of law, nor order. proven before, the "eye for an eye" theory/ideology will be the new law

ctd
08-25-2013, 09:06 AM
In Anarchy the guy with the bigger gun rules.
In society you will never have a true form of any single style of rule.

You want Anarchy along with many others. I doubt many of you will like it if it actually happened.!