PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Island Report

AppleJax
08-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Day 1 on the island and already drew blood! My fishing partner called me up and I found out she now lives next door to where I'm staying! Got out for a couple hours yesterday, we hooked into a handful of wild coho before getting a streak of hatchery. I'm heading out again today for some more.

AppleJax
08-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Wife's phone only lets me upload one pic at a time....

TBark
08-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Nice AJ,
Are you in an area where you could hook into a big Chinook too ?

TBark

waterninja
08-05-2013, 10:57 AM
oh you lucky bugger. my brother (who rarely fishes) lives in van. he has been fishing salmon on indian arm the last 2 days and he keeps torturing me with stories of how the fish are practically jumping in the boat.
helps that the weather is perfect for a day on the water.

Sledhead71
08-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Just got back from fishing the Frazer, we landed some unbelievable stergeon and possibly the largest this year...

Took over seven hours to bring the big girl in and two exhausted boys but an experience of a lifetime....

waterninja
08-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Just got back from fishing the Frazer, we landed some unbelievable stergeon and possibly the largest this year...

Took over seven hours to bring the big girl in and two exhausted boys but an experience of a lifetime....
stop teasing. pics. please.

slivers86
08-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Nice photos -

I'll be out there in a few days, just gotta goto one of them wedding things this weekend than got the site booked in tofino!

Ever fish any of the inland water on the island?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Awesome pictures AJ them a some decent coho , when I was up in Campbell river guys were filling there limits by 10 in the morning , but I've heard it's gotten even better . Hope ya get into some Chinooks , and halibut .

Nice photos -

I'll be out there in a few days, just gotta goto one of them wedding things this weekend than got the site booked in tofino!

Ever fish any of the inland water on the island?

There's plenty of options but I've never fished the Torino side , all I know is that's where all the hot surfer girls are and lots of hipis . I always tend to fish the straight of Georgia side of the island from Nanimao north to Campbell river .

I have a few favorite in land lakes , rat lake ( pretty sure thats wht its called ) and frog lake both have bass and there lots of fun to catch tons upon ton of downed timber for them to hide , and Lilly pads . A live target frog is the ticket .

Let us know how you do when our out that way .

CanadianBadass
08-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Congrats man, Keep Er Up !

buckbrushoutdoors
08-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Good job! Nice haul!

Alberta Bigbore
08-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Nice!

Geezle
08-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Wife's phone only lets me upload one pic at a time....

Get the Photobucket app and upload to photobucket instead of the forum server ;)

Oh, and nice work on the feesh! :cool:

FisherGrrrl
08-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Nice AJ! keep em coming!!

BGSH
08-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Right on :love0025:

AppleJax
08-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Got out again yesterday and caught about 2 dozen coho. Kept my lot again so going to have to eat some or bring the wife out lol. Going bass fishing this afternoon..... Arms are sore from hauling salmon lol. Yes Jay I will get the photobucket app haha. Stay tuned for more adventures!

Doublelung
08-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Nailed this guy last week in Barclay sound.

Redfrog
08-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Awesome pictures AJ them a some decent coho , when I was up in Campbell river guys were filling there limits by 10 in the morning , but I've heard it's gotten even better . Hope ya get into some Chinooks , and halibut .

There's plenty of options but I've never fished the Torino side , all I know is that's where all the hot surfer girls are and lots of hipis . I always tend to fish the straight of Georgia side of the island from Nanimao north to Campbell river .

I have a few favorite in land lakes , rat lake ( pretty sure thats wht its called ) and frog lake both have bass and there lots of fun to catch tons upon ton of downed timber for them to hide , and Lilly pads . A live target frog is the ticket .

Let us know how you do when our out that way .

How about some bass pics???