PDA

View Full Version : Dream season DNA

northernhunter
08-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Does anyone have some input on this bow. Am considering buying one. Caught up on this one and the bow tech insanity

ULTRAlite
08-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Haven't shot the Dream Season but the insanity is a hell of a bow. Have you shot them both?

timba
08-05-2013, 01:26 PM
I have the dream season EVO and love it,the Dna is suposed to be nicer

kritz
08-05-2013, 01:40 PM
I have the 2012 EVO 7 , I love it! if the DNA with the new flex cable slide can be any better, defiantly consider it. fast, light , shoots consistent, nice smooth draw, nice grip.

Tikka300
08-05-2013, 02:05 PM
I just bought the DNA this spring. I shot it with both 70lb and 60lb limbs and in the end I ended up buying the 60lb limbs. Maxes out at 63 or 64 lbs and man is it nice to shoot. I could shoot 70lbs as well but the 60lb just seemed better for most hunting situations (staying at full draw longer).

I chonographed my first arrows and at 28" draw length I was consistently getting about 313 fps. I really like the bow but the lack of a backwall may be akward at first but when you touch off on your release it is smooth as butter. It took me a few sessions of shooting to settle into it but it is really nice to shoot.

For me it was a toss up between the DNA and the Bowtech experience, went with the DNA and I have enjoyed it everytime I shoot. The flex slide is a nice design, just watch that you dont over tighten it or you can crack the little nut that holds it on. Just adjust enough for fletching clearance and that's it.