PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon lake Aug 05 2013

NEWB
08-05-2013, 07:14 PM
It was a pretty good day for walleyes at pigeon. What started off as a failed quest for whites and exploring the depths at mulhurst bay turned out to be a successfull quest for walleyes and a few decent sized snakes.

We were on the water about 8:00 am, fished till 12:30 pm in mulhurst bay.

We were in 16 feet of water drifting east with light to moderate winds.
Water temp was 18.5 C
We were using jigs, jig bodies and minnows.

I boated 17 fish. 16 walleye, 1 jack fish. My brother caught 7. He boated 5 walleye and 1 jack fish. We lost 13. I caught 2 @ 22.00 inch walleyes. A new personal best. I found a good walleye honey hole while looking for whitefish. I caught no white fish though. All were caught and released for other anglers to enjoy.

The walleyes ranged from 19.75 to 22.0 inches with the exception of my brothers 9 inch walleye he boated.
The 2 jacks were 26 and 28 inches. (below the 100cm regs for keeping).

Pics to come later as I can't load pics on the iPhone.

NEWB
08-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Pics as promised

Pixel Shooter
08-06-2013, 02:49 PM
sounds like you had a great day, think I saw you gents out there yesterday. luv the pics :)

fishtank
08-06-2013, 03:45 PM
congrats on a nice outing , i am probably gonna go out there this sunday . :sHa_shakeshout: also did you see any dead white fish ??

NEWB
08-06-2013, 03:56 PM
sounds like you had a great day, think I saw you gents out there yesterday. luv the pics :)

Thank you! It was a good outing! It is possible. There was another Red Naden boat out there with 3 guys in it.

My brother and I drifted along untill we got close to shore, then powered up and went back to the spot, drifted, repeat.

congrats on a nice outing , i am probably gonna go out there this sunday . :sHa_shakeshout: also did you see any dead white fish ??

Thank you! We started out pretty much middle to 3/4 out of the bay. If you head straight out from the boat launch and set up shop there then you should be good. We stopped in 18 feet of water, then drifted to 16, 13, 12 then 10. It does not get deep quickly so you need to go a ways out into the lake.

We did see 2 dead whitefish. They were large ones too. I have to admit... i was a bit jealous as I saw them and they were the only ones I could locate in the lake... :)