PDA

View Full Version : Buck Lake

Jeep
08-21-2008, 12:08 PM
I've driven by Buck Lake 100 times but have never checked it out. Where is a decent campsite? How's the fishing and for what? I have my first week off in 3 years!

Thanks guys,
Mark.

FisherPotch
08-21-2008, 01:25 PM
South or North buck?

Jeep
08-21-2008, 10:21 PM
North Buck lake.

FishHound
08-21-2008, 10:33 PM
go east of Boyle and follow the signs (there is one sign on the highway to the north of Boyle, but you have to make about 4 corners and there are no moer signs), the provincial campsite is nicely treed, but never stayed there, we caught a million little pike( under two pounds), and a large perch and large white fish (both while trolling with spoons!!) I've never caught a white fish in the summer before, it jumped out of the water and everything, lots of fun. But we only stopped in for an afternoon so didn't hunt for any walleye.

Jeep
08-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks Hound, how is South Buck Lake?

threev
08-22-2008, 02:04 PM
go east of Boyle and follow the signs (there is one sign on the highway to the north of Boyle, but you have to make about 4 corners and there are no moer signs), the provincial campsite is nicely treed, but never stayed there, we caught a million little pike( under two pounds), and a large perch and large white fish (both while trolling with spoons!!) I've never caught a white fish in the summer before, it jumped out of the water and everything, lots of fun. But we only stopped in for an afternoon so didn't hunt for any walleye.

When was it? And did you use boat at provisional park?
Thanks.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-22-2008, 02:09 PM
There's some really nice fish to be Caught out of North buck lake . I haven't fished it in 2 seasons , but its a great fishery , some really huge pike come out of there . Note if your into some pike use a spinner instead of a jig or spoon . And you will be pleasantly surprised .