PDA

View Full Version : shore fishing in Lac La Biche for perch and pike..

LacLaBicheNS
08-21-2008, 08:17 PM
I live in Lac La Biche, just moved here. I'm hoping to hit the water this weekend for a few hours.. nothing serious..

I have no boat so I'll be on foot for pike an perch!

Where are some good spots to go for these critters and what techniques do you use to catch them?

I'm not from alberta so forgive me!

jesse34567
08-22-2008, 02:36 PM
never been to lac la biche but i would think target weedy areas for pike with weedless spoons, spinnerbaits etc for perch i would target points where water drops to 5-6 and for the perch u can use a small jig or a slip bobber with a maggot, worm or any other night crawlers

beermilk
08-23-2008, 09:22 AM
i havent done much fishing in lac la biche yet. but i was told for pike you can just fish right off the dock and do well. my friend caught one off there last year 17 pounds

LacLaBicheNS
08-23-2008, 12:01 PM
thanks guys.

beermilk, what dock? The one in the provincial park?

beermilk
08-23-2008, 05:44 PM
umm i dont think it was in a park. we were driving around the town when i stoped there not too far from the major streets its a huge dock you wont miss it thats for sure.

unclebuck
08-24-2008, 06:34 AM
Go out to Fishin' Friends at Beaver Lake and fish from the dock at the old boat launch. You can also go to the boat launch at Holowachuk Estates and fish from the dock there. People have been known to catch decent walleye and pike from those spots. You might also catch the odd perch. If you want to fish the big lake, the big dock is OK. You can also fish from the boat launch on the way to Churchill Park. The dock at the Mission is also used. Good luck!!