PDA

View Full Version : Fishing with no boat?

Houcheimi
08-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Any good areas near Edmonton, where one can pull out a chair or stand and fish? Don't have access to a boat at the moment, looking for a quite place.
Preferably larger fish as well nothing too small.

Thanks in advance

FishingFrenzy
08-07-2013, 06:58 PM
North Saskatchewan River.

Popular spots include Hermitage and where Whitemud Creek enters the river.

Use worms or minnows on a three way swivel rig, or throw jigs with rubber bodies.

You'll get fish.

waterninja
08-08-2013, 01:32 AM
North Saskatchewan River.

Popular spots include Hermitage and where Whitemud Creek enters the river.

Use worms or minnows on a three way swivel rig, or throw jigs with rubber bodies.

You'll get fish.
x2

Simmer29
08-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Is there any place up stream where a guy might be able to catch a keeper? :test:

chriscosta
08-12-2013, 03:42 AM
i been hittin up hermitage pond lately and i been catchin a crapload small fish tho and im usin my pontoon but the fish are there and i dont keep so... copper johns been workin good for me

jaystev
08-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Is there any place up stream where a guy might be able to catch a keeper? :test:

You can catch fish all the way up to the dam in the usual likely spots. But the consumption advisory is for mercury levels, And from what ive been told exist everywhere in the river. Best bet for keepers would be younger fish. less mercury built up in them.

RavYak
08-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Not much around Edmonton for shore fishing. I would find some sort of boat for cheap(bellyboat, pontoon, canoe, aluminum boat) that you can use for a bit and then sell and break almost even on.

Anything that can get you on the water will make things much more enjoyable around Edmonton imo. The only place some people have luck is on the river but the good places aren't that quiet since everyone fishes them.

Graffy91
08-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Any good areas near Edmonton, where one can pull out a chair or stand and fish? Don't have access to a boat at the moment, looking for a quite place.
Preferably larger fish as well nothing too small.

Thanks in advance

Get out, explore the river.

I've been slaying pig eyes lately on it, a blast of a time out there.

Found a nice quiet spot, no one ever down there.

Never been skunked at my spot too, always hit double digit days too.