PDA

View Full Version : Walley Lures ???

dumoulin
08-08-2013, 09:39 AM
What's the best lure for walley in SK lakes?

pseelk
08-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Some use Rapallas,Personally I prefer a 4"doubletail yellow jig.Some also put a minnow on the jig.I dont bother with minnows ,they work but are a pain as they come off easilly.A really slow retrieve is probably most important.Good luck and dont forget to post pics!:)

Doug.F
08-08-2013, 10:32 AM
I put a little piece of rubber band on the hook after the minnow. It will hold
the minnow on there.I use the same when ice fishing you can jig and the minnow will not come off.

benamen
08-08-2013, 10:36 AM
I have the best luck with a bottom bouncer and spinner rig. I tip the rig with a leach or worm.

javlin101
08-08-2013, 10:37 AM
the minnow on there.I use the same when ice fishing you can jig and the minnow will not come off.

I use a small piece of gulp bait to keep minnows and leeches.

bat119
08-08-2013, 10:38 AM
I have the best luck with a bottom bouncer and spinner rig. I tip the rig with a leach or worm.

X2

Troll as slow as possible

dumoulin
08-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Ya...I need to troll slowly. I snagged the Ogopogo last night. My rod folded in half and it bit the leader, cutting it in two. That must have been some fish!

ACM
08-08-2013, 10:48 AM
doesn't matter a lot of times what you use but two keys that must be followed. get to the bottom and troll very very slowly

Bushmaster
08-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Bottom bouncers with a leech or worm are pretty deadly.

bark284
08-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Personally I have good luck on jigs with mister twister (white) or spoons as well such as 5 of diamonds

pseelk
08-08-2013, 11:43 AM
x2,forgot about that little trick.

CK Angler
08-08-2013, 11:50 AM
It depends on where n what you are doing? What structure? Depth, ect...

Lindy rigs with leeches
Bottom bouncers with spinners, float spinners with crawlers work well or if it's a single hook use twister tails
Jig n minnow, or scented gulp
Crank baits (lure choice will depend on depth)

Some color will work better then others, that's something you can try to pattern out, as well as speed & depth & structure type.

Good luck!

dumoulin
08-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Thanks for all the advice and the PMs. Feeling much more educated about walley fishing!

Thanks guys!!!!

350 mag
08-08-2013, 06:35 PM

This is what I use most of the time....especially if the lake is choppy so the boat and motor won't spook shallower fish.

Drifting plain lindy rig with only live leech or crawler works well on pressured fish.

IF I keep catching fish in same area on more than 1 pass I will anchor and try jigging.

Up north jig and minnow works great, so does power bait, sucker or jack belly, walleye eyeballs.

I also have luck with bottom bouncer and spinners tipped with jack or sucker belly....

Crankbaits also work well when fish are active.

yoteblaster
08-08-2013, 07:47 PM
5 of diamonds is what we have been using in that little lake just west of you. Caught a number of 20 inch walleyes that way last month. Quite a quick retrieve as we'll. maybe we were just lucky. No experience with Saskatchewan lakes, but really shouldn't,t be much different should they?

TJG
08-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Jig and leech, very slow, like .2 or .3 mph.
Stay close to the bottom and hv your finger on the line or a very good rod
or you will miss most bites. Where u heading?

Icouldeatababydeer
08-08-2013, 08:29 PM
My go to walleye lure is yellow jig with black head, my wife's is a red and black rappela

EZM
08-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Another vote for bottom bouncers. My favorite is a double harness shake-e-blade tipped with some scented rubber.

RavYak
08-08-2013, 08:59 PM
How deep do you guys fish bottom bouncers with spinners? I have tried them a few times with absolutely no success. My walleye lures consist of a few rapalas and sometimes jigs.

rielbowhunter
08-08-2013, 09:34 PM
How deep do you guys fish bottom bouncers with spinners? I have tried them a few times with absolutely no success. My walleye lures consist of a few rapalas and sometimes jigs.

this weekend I was having luck at 12'. but I use them as deep as 30'. depends where the fish are at. its my go to set up for walleye. then Lindy rigs. then jigs.