PDA

View Full Version : Bow Hunting

CamoHunter
08-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I am interested in bow hunting. Never gone before but it looks interesting. Any suggestions on what I might look into buying for a bow?? or tips or advice for hunting and equipment??

Lefty-Canuck
08-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Go to a local pro shop and pick their brains and try as many bows as you can before you buy.

LC

L.O.S.T.Arrow
08-08-2013, 05:32 PM
:D Good Advise.....

Neil

pudge
08-11-2013, 08:21 PM
good advice above^^^^

as for hunting with a bow, don't expect it to be easy and practice practice practice.

Rainemaker
08-11-2013, 09:17 PM
This will be my first season. I got some good advise from some hunters I work with. Start fairly inexpensive incase your like me and raising a young family and might not get out as much as antisipated. Then upgrade if it ends up I'm gonna stick with it. I also found out there is a lot more to buy then just the bow. I can't wait to give it my all this season. Archery shops helped out huge.

TRG
08-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Ha Ha -so true Rainemaker! I received my first bow for Christmas last year and am practicing to go hunting this fall. I'm slowly building up my supplies, I have an on-going list of things I need to buy in order to properly hunt - thankfully I have a buddy and (brothers) who are geared up and are willing to take me with them so I don't have to invest in everything this fall. Good luck!

bryce7272
08-12-2013, 01:19 PM
If your looking for a bow I have a 2011 Martin firecat 400 with all the gear and case I will be selling after this hunting reason, pm if your interested.

jr.fish
08-12-2013, 02:37 PM
This will also be my first year bow hunting and from my experience I'd recomend a pse stinger rts package like I purchased. It shoots great and has lots of adjustment so you can dial it down to learn proper form and technique, then start turning it up once you are a bit more comfortable. Plus it's a very affordable set up($400). Problem is its all the little things that add up in a hurry like broad heads, release, rangefinder, target, mantinence supplies......exc...exc... But if you do some reasearch you can save a few bucks making your own targets and searching for used items.

What ever route you go best of luck out there