PDA

View Full Version : Mink Lake has anyone tried it?

alltoys
08-08-2013, 06:23 PM
I went to Hasse Lake today didn't have any luck at all.

Has anyone tried Mink Lake I am primarily looking for Perch.

Lund rebel
08-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Never in the summer but fish it in the winter good luck catching perch and pike. I got a bunch if perch at Mayatan in the spring and its close to that area.

alltoys
08-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Mayatan thanks I think I will try it tomorrow nice and close to Edmonton should be a nice day this Friday.

I just fixed my 12 ft aluminum boat had to try it out and so far from todays adventure all worked well. I also tied some new flys will try them on the perch should be fun if they work.

alltoys
08-09-2013, 12:26 PM
I did go to Mayatan this morning caught around 40 Perch kept a few for dinner with the wife tonight. Had a great time there always a blast fishing for Perch.

Me and the wife are heading north to Chain Lakes tomorrow for some trout. We are going to have a picnic lunch there stay most of the day. Going to tie up some flies today hopefully catch Mobby Dick as my Wife tells me.

Gilligan
08-09-2013, 12:52 PM
always wanted to go to Mayatan..

hows the launch there ????

Lund rebel
08-09-2013, 05:45 PM
always wanted to go to Mayatan..

hows the launch there ????

Got a 4 wheel drive, it's not that bad but not great, the lake is a little muddy at the launch, but its obtainable.

Smokey
08-10-2013, 12:39 PM
I tried to go to Mayatan a couple years ago with the old 14 foot, could not figure out how to get in there...