PDA

View Full Version : NSR areas

mrmoose
08-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Hello all, I am here in the city for a couple more weeks and am enjoying fishing the NSR for the first time ever. I have found a good hole near whitemud park thats producing some decent walleyes and mooneyes. I would love to find a hole that has some bigger guys in it. i don't expect anyone to tell me their secret spots but any ideas would be great. Or if nyone wants to get out together let me know. PMs are good too if you want to keep spots secret.

NSRfishing
08-08-2013, 08:41 PM
they move around if a hole is holding fish can be fish of all sizes there

mrmoose
08-08-2013, 09:35 PM
I understand that fish come and go, especially for a good food source. Any tips on other good access points or tips on north vs south banks for areas would be great.

AppleJax
08-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Try Hermitage park outflow

bravicon
08-09-2013, 12:49 AM
how do you get to herm outflow?

mrmoose
08-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Anyone have luck out near devon around prospectors point? I know the gold panning is great, my other hobby, and i see a few people attmpting on the south bank.

Rennich98
08-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Anyone have luck out near devon around prospectors point? I know the gold panning is great, my other hobby, and i see a few people attmpting on the south bank.

Dunno about the prospectors point but I've always had great luck on the sand shore left of the bridge where the waters calmer...never had a day with less than 5 fish...either had a bunch of walleye or a ton of goldeye...see lots of people catch suckers too...pickerel rigs with worms on the bottom and a minnow on the top work best...good luck

Tthompson20
08-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Try about four hundred yards north of the bridge, have been there two times and caught a wide variety of species as well. Goldeye, mooneye, red horse, walleye, and suckers so far. But heard of guys catching 30+ lb sturgeon near there as well

Red Bullets
08-10-2013, 11:54 PM

Instead, go to the south side of the river , drive into Devon and turn left at the first stop sign. Then turn left again at the next corner. The road will take you down to the river and a parking lot. About 40 ft. on the downstream side of the bridge pillar for 30 yards is a good hole. My best was a 12 lb. walleye in September. Also an 18 lb. pike. A few rocky mountain whites in the fall too.