PDA

View Full Version : Coal Lake

Rollie
08-22-2008, 12:00 PM
has anyone been there recently? I just got back from 3 months in Ontario and my brother was posted to Edmonton while I was away. I've read lots of good comments on here about this lake and thought it would be a good place to start with him. Thanks in Advance.

Rollie

threev
08-22-2008, 02:09 PM
It was great in May and June. I tried it once mid July and it was extremely slow. Can anyone share any recent experience (mid august)?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Its a good all year fishing lake except for the weeds . If you can handle weeds theres some huge fish to be caught in the deeper water . Also I like to fish it when its really weedy as theres way less people , and I like where that outlet comes put a nice shiner on with a jig and a 2 ft leader which I make and float it on a bobber and WHAM youll have some good luck .

threev
08-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks BBJ, you had a very nice thread on coal lake sometime in may-june. It was very interesting and informative to follow. Keep up the good work!

08-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks BBJ, you had a very nice thread on coal lake sometime in may-june. It was very interesting and informative to follow. Keep up the good work!

Thanks . I like to hear feed back from my posts.

Rollie
08-22-2008, 05:01 PM
thanks guys. I will probably be going out Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I'll post some pics if they are worth while.

happy perch fisher
08-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Coal was very slow at the end of the july so i would'nt put much hope on catching much. The weeds arn't as bad as it was last few years throw. If u want to catch alot just go to pigion lake provincal park. Go out to the drop off. Your see it right away there be about 10to100 boats on it. Depends when u go throw. Use a white jig and a minnow and your catch tons of 15-20inch walleye. I would'nt bother with coal the fishing ussually sucks during the summer because the water heats up really fast and makes the pike sluggish and your either get skunked or catch maybe 1or2.

skykomish sunrise
08-22-2008, 10:22 PM
seconds for pigeon...launch at mulhurst and stop at any depth over your head. go with the jig and minnow and help feed the starving overpopulater walleye

08-23-2008, 01:11 AM
Coal was very slow at the end of the july so i would'nt put much hope on catching much. The weeds arn't as bad as it was last few years throw. If u want to catch alot just go to pigion lake provincal park. Go out to the drop off. Your see it right away there be about 10to100 boats on it. Depends when u go throw. Use a white jig and a minnow and your catch tons of 15-20inch walleye. I would'nt bother with coal the fishing ussually sucks during the summer because the water heats up really fast and makes the pike sluggish and your either get skunked or catch maybe 1or2.

Hey I couldn't agree with you any more great post. Except for that the past few days the temperatures have been down there for might cool the water . I was there I guess it was the end of July fishing was average , but unlike the winter and spring , the fall bite is really good as well.Just gotta hook a work up weedless or throw a spoon. I wont be back to Pigeon until after the long weekend , sick of dealing with clueless and disrespectful people.

Rollie
08-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Well I went to Coal anyway just to kill a couple hours....My brother cancelled on me with good cause. Loaded up the scanoe and motor dropped the wife at wk and away I went. fished the north end of the lake or 2 hrs caught 5 with the biggest being about 3 lbs......didn't bother to get the scale out. Seems I got the 2 hrs it wans't raining. All in all it was fun. Might try Pigeon this weekend.

Rollie

08-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Well I went to Coal anyway just to kill a couple hours....My brother cancelled on me with good cause. Loaded up the scanoe and motor dropped the wife at wk and away I went. fished the north end of the lake or 2 hrs caught 5 with the biggest being about 3 lbs......didn't bother to get the scale out. Seems I got the 2 hrs it wans't raining. All in all it was fun. Might try Pigeon this weekend.

Rollie

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You poor poor fella , take your sling shot with ya .