PDA

View Full Version : Alberta fishing Guide... BC Equivalent?

commieboy
08-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi All,

I'm headed to BC in a week or so and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a publication in BC similar to Barry Mitchell's Alberta Fishing Guide.

Or more specifically, publications or articles with info on access points to creeks/rivers in the Kootenay National Park.

Surprisingly difficult to find this info on the web. Only the odd mention here or there. Leads me to believe that the fishing in the park isn't so hot.

Any help would be appreciated.

pikergolf
08-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Incoming pm.

BeeGuy
08-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Check the online stocking data. This is a good start.

Back Road Map Books has map books for fishing that outline lakes and rivers in certain regions. I have the one for SE BC. It is OK.

Really depends where you are going.

Even the normal BRMB's have info on fishing.

commieboy
08-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Incoming pm.

Many thanks.

commieboy
08-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Check the online stocking data. This is a good start.

Back Road Map Books has map books for fishing that outline lakes and rivers in certain regions. I have the one for SE BC. It is OK.

Really depends where you are going.

Even the normal BRMB's have info on fishing.

Cool. Funny, I didn't even think about The BRMB and I was just looking at one for Banff. Don't know where my head is sometimes. That might be just the ticket.

The stocking data might come in handy, but I'll likely pass up most of those opportunities. Call me crazy, but even though I fish stocked ponds every now and then, I love the feeling of getting into native, wild fish. Especially when I'm in the National Parks.

Great suggestions. Much appreciated, BeeGuy!

BeeGuy
08-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Cool. Funny, I didn't even think about The BRMB and I was just looking at one for Banff. Don't know where my head is sometimes. That might be just the ticket.

The stocking data might come in handy, but I'll likely pass up most of those opportunities. Call me crazy, but even though I fish stocked ponds every now and then, I love the feeling of getting into native, wild fish. Especially when I'm in the National Parks.

Great suggestions. Much appreciated, BeeGuy!

The majority of lakes which have gerrhard rainbows are stocked with them....

BC's stocked lakes are not like our stocked ponds.

It's a whole other ball game. Most people likely do not realize that the fish they are catching originate from stocking.

Big brookies? Stocked 3N fish.
Most lakes with gerrhards? stocked. some reproduce, but not most.
all those interior lakes with the silvery, acrobatic rainbows? Pennask Lake stock.

list goes on...