PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon lake

deanna
08-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Have'nt been out for over a month, Hows the algae this year compared to last. Any updates would be appreciated. Gonna try to get out next week

BEL
08-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Was out last weekend and so far it hasn't bloomed as bad as the last 3 or 4 years. cool summer temps may have kept it at bay or maybe it is still early. Very bearable. Only saw about 10 dead whitefish. BEL

1bluZebec
08-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Was there today and its getting bad now. Hook and line and bait covered in it so everything got good wash tonight before our trip. Also never had much luck for the short time I was there but algae ruined it forsure.:sign0161:

338Bluff
08-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Was there on August 3rd around 6:30 AM. Very little algae. Fish were scattered. Best luck was trolling spinner baits and minnows in 17 to 23 FOW out in front of the water tower. The guys anchored up off the PP drop off were catching very little. I punched my class A tags in an hour and got out of there before the boat launch got busy. Buck Lake actually had a little more algae when I fished it Sunday. Good action on some nice chunky 45-48 cm fish. Same stuff. Blades and minnows. Chartreuse or Pink.

Jayball
08-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Bloom is late this year which is good news and I am out there every weekend and have been keeping a watch out. Thats said... yesterday was the first day I saw some big bloom patches in Mulhurst Bay. Many scattered throughout area. Depend which way winds blow. On Saturday there was an off-shore wind at Mameo and the water there was calm and crystal clear. It really was beautiful, which is rare for that beach in mid August.

Should be a warning out soon... to follow the many other lakes.

Good fishing though...

fishtank
08-12-2013, 05:46 PM
was out there yesterday look like green cheese curds very thick and the fishing was pretty slow but pick up around 11 , landed 8 wallys biggest was 22" ,and 2 jacks.