PDA

View Full Version : What is the best fishing around Little Bow Provincial Park

fishmanbrady
08-11-2013, 12:52 PM
We want to catch large pike and walleye. We were thinking of Keho or Travers.. Is there any better ones around there or are those the best around that area?

kevinhits
08-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Frank Lake

BeeGuy
08-11-2013, 03:36 PM
We want to catch large pike and walleye. We were thinking of Keho or Travers.. Is there any better ones around there or are those the best around that area?

Man, you gotta hit up Thurston.

You wouldn't even believe the action!

BeeGuy
08-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Frank Lake

3 of us hit Frank lake yesterday.

It wasn't as hot as usual, but we all still got limits.

Once you find that deep hole in the middle of the lake it is game on!

kevinhits
08-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Sweet.....Gotta get out there soon...What kind of lures and bait did you use...Wanna take my boat..Is there a launch there? How about a beach for the wife and kids?

burbotman
08-11-2013, 03:43 PM
3 of us hit Frank lake yesterday.

It wasn't as hot as usual, but we all still got limits.

Once you find that deep hole in the middle of the lake it is game on!

Should I take the hip waders or will rubber boots suffice?

I hear the perch action is insane

BeeGuy
08-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Sweet.....Gotta get out there soon...What kind of lures and bait did you use...Wanna take my boat..Is there a launch there? How about a beach for the wife and kids?

Should I take the hip waders or will rubber boots suffice?

I hear the perch action is insane

We just launch my yellow canoe in the reeds and paddle out. The good spot in the middle drops off from a few feet to 20'+ real fast.

You find that spot and you won't want to go home!

There are so many fish schooled up there that we use our worst lures as a joke, just so we can say we've caught some awesome fish on them.

Flieguy
08-11-2013, 04:09 PM
I think I know your spot beeguy, I caught a 30" pike out of there on a fly rod last spring

Kokanee9
08-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Was that you guys in the yellow boat? I saw you guys constantly reeling them in. I was in the red boat. I haven't been out there since the floods, but the launch was fine. We did good also, throwing them back in, and only started keeping fish later in the day and still managed to limit out. I thought 15lb test would have been sufficient, but a couple managed to break it during the course of the day.

BeeGuy
08-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Yup. Yellow Canoe! :sHa_shakeshout:

WayneChristie
08-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Ive seen some brown trout in Frank that were so big they were making the 20 pound pike jump like a school of minnows in a shark tank! :scared0018:

dodger
08-11-2013, 05:51 PM
What the heck are you guys doing ???

Do you realize how many boats are going to be out there next weekend ???

Sheeesh :(

Dodger.

Winch101
08-11-2013, 05:57 PM
They been working on that new mid-lake launch at Frank ,
Go east on 23 past the lake , right -south at the Hutterite colony sign
Second mile road go west towards the cottages.....can't miss it ...
Weekends bad for wake boarders ...

I find Thurston to touristy ,now that that new boardwalk and
Outdoor roller rink are in ...Oh sure the kids love it ,but I'm
There to fish....

Happy angling

WayneChristie
08-11-2013, 06:40 PM

honestly, you are already at a great spot, if nothing else, walk to the end of the dock, you have as much chance at a 30 pound pike or 10 pound walleye from there as anywhere else in the province. without even having to put on shoes!

kevinhits
08-11-2013, 06:44 PM
OP is pretty quiet for the first post:thinking-006:

Another troller...Connect the dots lately:bad_boys_20:

It is a little entertaining though..LOL

billie
08-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Really guys?

As Corb Lund says, "Not very neighbourly, Not very neighbourly".

Fishmanbrady,
It isn't a very good etiquette to ask people where to catch the biggest fish. What do you think most every fisherman is trying to do? We would expect you to become a contributing member to the discussions and show that you put in some significant effort before we offer up location advice. Would you?

Otherwise, welcome to AO. Do some searching around the forum and I think you may find what you are looking for. There is lots of fishing sdvice here if you are willing to do a bit of work on your own. There's a hint in that last sentence:).

Winch101
08-12-2013, 08:19 AM
So much for that :thinking-006:

marlin1
08-12-2013, 08:33 AM
was wondering if some one would pipe in . I want to know where to catch big fish too :) .