PDA

View Full Version : Arrow fletching alignment

Mike_W
08-24-2008, 11:09 AM
I have been shooting blazer vanes for some time now and get really good groupings.

I have never put an angle on my vanes......dont know how much you can with a 2" blazer.

I was wondering who puts an angle on there vanes and what benefits have you seen from it?....Blazers or not.

Thanks

Mike

jaybull
08-24-2008, 12:44 PM
If your getting good grouping don't change a thing. If your like me you over think or have [tinkeritus] AKA can't leave stuff alone.jk. I'm pretty sure it helps your arrow recover faster by helping the arrow spin. Helical fletching. I was using nap quick spins last year with lots of helical on my fletchings and found for me it wasn't much better if all than straight fletchings. And the quick spins made noise in flight. So if it was me and my arrows where hitting there mark consistantly at longer ranges, i'd just leave everything the way it was and worry about finding and getting close to game.lol jmo Good luck this fall. jay

Mountain Guy
09-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Generally , helical will allow for more stable arrow flight and should help with broadhead grouping.
Although in some cases , some rigs don't see any improvement with helical fletching.
My thinking is helical will increase spin and help arrow flight.