PDA

View Full Version : Shuswap for 7 days

Nakoda boater
08-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Heading out this Sat.
Wondering what to expect for fishing this time of yr.
Any top water action?
I'm thinking they are down some this time of yr.
I'm aware that there is lakers, Rainbow and now Salmon this time of the yr.
Any heads up would be greatly appreciated!

Moefoe
08-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Was out on a houseboat for the long weekend, what a gong show...brought a cheap fish finder I used for my pontoon and found they were hangin around 18-22' of water in the middle of the lake in the middle of the day! Using pink lady's and crankbaits, it's all I have, hauled in 30 or so in 3 days with 2 rods...converted all the girls on the boat to die hard fisherman now! Not sure the speed we were trolling at, pretty slow, all the fish were rainbows the biggest around 7lbs though one of the girls lost a fish behind the boat that was an easy 12lbs, no net! Like I said all I had were crankbaits and pink lady's...spoons, Apex or dodger and bucktails would probably kill'em out there. Have fun!!

Red Bullets
08-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Last time i was on the Shuswap i used a willow leaf gang troll and 3 feet behind it, a K5 silver flatfish . Caught a huge fish but lost it right at the boat. I am sure it was close to 20 lbs. if it was a pound. I got a good look at it but I'm not sure if it was a trout or salmon, but it was beautiful.