PDA

View Full Version : going to edmonton. stayin at the mother in laws

Fish face
08-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Ok, here's the deal. dont want to get pulled out of my cushy lair and miss saturday at spray/twin valley. Its not decided yet. But I'm caving in an going from calgary to edmonton to hang out with grandma with no kids. She's all good but the stipulation is I get the car in the morning and get to bring my gear. I've checked the threads but I'm lookin for something current. I'll be there friday. Lookin to fish sat, sunday. any help gettin me on the north sask in town would be awesome. never caught a sauger and any fishin getting me out would be awesome. thx in advance.:bad_boys_20:

jaystev
08-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Where abouts in the city are you staying . Theres quite a few places so a general area would help. As for catching sauger I find i usually catch them early in the morning. They seem to show up just when the sun comes up. Ive caught them on jigs ,p-rigs ,raps and spoons. but looking through my journal most were on parker minnows and a p-rig.

Fish face
08-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Dont know the city well. staying close to bonnie doon

waterninja
08-14-2013, 12:25 PM
don't ussually fish the nsr on weekends(too crowded) and i'm rarely up before noon but when you get to town i can tell you or show you some spots.
one thing to do to be prepared is buy a few pic. rigs and some 2oz pyramid weights. you will also need a couple tubs of minnows (i prefer parkers) and mosquitoe reppellent.
in any case good luck. who knows, everyone but me has been catching sturgeons this year. why not you.

Fish face
08-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Cool, Im going to wholesale at lunch tomorrow. although weekend fishing at any creek mouth in edmonton solo on saturday sounds kinda hairy. My work buddy says, screw it. head out to star lake, bring a chair and relax and try your luck there...? Hows that sound?

pickrel pat
08-14-2013, 10:25 PM
I would rather fish in an alley mud puddle than hang with my mother inlaw.

Fish face
08-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Thats what I'm talkin about. A little drive @ 5:30 am, and a 2:00 return would really smooth it out. Walking the river with a fly rod or sitting in a lawn chair at a new lake. Good.