PDA

View Full Version : finding my new bow

jnn131
08-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Okay i have been looking around for a good bow and i have come down to two that are in my price range and fit me. The choice is between the pse brute x and the bear legion. I would be getting the ready to shoot package with either one, unless i have good advice on a setup in a decent price range. I would be very thankful if anyone could tell me their oppinion and maybe help me see if there is a better package included with one. What is the "better" bow for your money. I am 15years old 5'10" and have a 26.5 inch draw lenght. i will be starting in just the range but i hope to start hunting in a year or two. I could also use some advice on the release to get. I have only used a release twice and i have pretty big hands and i would prefere a release that doesnt have a hair triger. I accidentally touched the triger while drawing back once and it released, thankfully i was not very far into the draw so the arrow did not fire but i realized it was definetly not what i was used to having always used my fingers.

thank you so uch for your advice and knowlege!!

280remington
08-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Take a look at mission bows as well.top quality and awsome warranty

jnn131
08-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Take a look at mission bows as well.top quality and awsome warranty

which one would you recomend??

280remington
08-17-2013, 06:18 AM
Most of the mission bows are an excellent value but i would check out the riot.there are lots of other brands with entry level bows too.find a good bow shop and go try out as many as you can!

Mike_W
08-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Draw back with you finger tight up behind your trigger!

Bows .... Get which ever feels and shoots the best for you.

jnn131
08-19-2013, 11:29 PM
I did end up getting the mission riot because of the ajustability and just it felt better. i got the tru glo sight and qad drp away rest a quiver and stabilizer package. i also did get a patriot tru fire release along with a half dozen basic pro flight arrows and a nice hard shell case for 775!! i cant wait to get out to the range some more and eventually kill my first buck!!!

thanks for the suggestions and help!!

L.O.S.T.Arrow
08-20-2013, 09:00 AM
:D X2 on the Mission bows...biggest seller last year was the Craze and the Ballistic ...for the price...both quaility bows ...
IMHO the Ballistic is tops for a few extra dollars than the Craze...I would highly recommend the Ballistic its a shooter like the top end flagships of the Mathews line this year.

Neil

Gthunter
03-12-2014, 01:17 PM
I bought a Diamond bow for my son and it worked well for many years. They have some great packages.

STURKO OUTDOORS
03-12-2014, 01:31 PM
As far as what release to buy.... Without a question Scott makes the best releases. I shoot the mongoose... The little bitty goose is a smaller version. I've had mine for 12 years and has never failed me.