PDA

View Full Version : Twin Valley mission accomplished

dodger
03-18-2007, 05:28 PM
After about $150 in gas and a total lap around the reservoir I have found 2 different access points. Had coffee with 2 farmers and they are going to let me threw there land. Lots of Geese and Swans, Eagles out that way today. Since this is the first time out there for me I started out at the dam. Down by the boat launch I had to use 4 wheel drive. Man was it ever a mud bog ( the dog had lots of fun ) a car would be done down there. Walked over to the canals leaving the reservoir and they were full of 18'' Pike I would say 100s. They posted that the canals are closed for fishing until May. It would have been a gas with the fly rod.
There are many/many dead end roads around there so it meant a lot of kms to find areas close to the reservoir. Many of the landowners down there were not very friendly. They are having a battle with the BIG gas company's digging everything up. I have to feel for them as even I noticed that every field had roads in to the gas sites with lots of mud all over the place.
All and all it was a fun day for me and the dog, not sure if I can talk the wife into bathing the dog :) oh well.
Remember to always leave Mother Nature better than you found it. Please pick up extra trash when your out. I grabbed some empty oil pails (new ) laying down by the river entering the reservoir.

jrs
03-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Good to hear you found some access. I didn't really think how tricky it could be along more remote areas. Did you talk to the guy that owns where the Littlebow enters?

"Remember to always leave Mother Nature better than you found it. Please pick up extra trash when your out. I grabbed some empty oil pails (new ) laying down by the river entering the reservoir."

Good reccomendation, i lost access to an area because of someone elses garbage this fall. I ended up regaining it when the landowner saw me cleaning up the mess. Thanks and good reccomendation to all.

dodger
03-18-2007, 05:49 PM
I went to a couple of places close to where the river enters and found no one home. Left my phone number on a card. Maybe they will give me a call. Still not as good as being face to face with the landowner so that he can get an impression of you.