PDA

View Full Version : Place to practice outdoors near Edmonton

Shevi
08-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone , I'm new to archery , probably next week ill get my first now , I understand don't need any special licence for shoot outdoors , but can you give some locations near Edmonton where I can practice .

Zuludog
08-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Swamp donkey in Spruce Grove will let you shoot outside (up to 70 yds) for free but its not a range per say.

SPAL in Sherwood Park has indoor to 30 yards.

SPFG outside of Sherwood park has an out door range.

Pipestone in Millet has 20yards indoor and 50 yards outside plus two 3-d courses.

Hope this helps. I'm sure there are more places too?

Shevi
08-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks , I think now , gonna visit that's range even befor baying now , but if I understand right , I don't really need special range for shoot bow in alberta , am I right ? And if yes my question is where exactly Can i shoot just out of Edmonton .

260 Rem
08-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Shevi - I will bring up the SPFGA Gallery and you can check the website at spfga.org if you are interested in a membership. Although the the club is capped out of memberships for the firearms ranges, you can use the Archery range with a Regular membership. All memberships are for the calendar year, so you would have only until Dec 31 on a membership purchased for this year.

Zuludog
08-25-2013, 06:42 PM
Thanks , I think now , gonna visit that's range even befor baying now , but if I understand right , I don't really need special range for shoot bow in alberta , am I right ? And if yes my question is where exactly Can i shoot just out of Edmonton .

If you Google the places I listed you can find the phone numbers and addresses to several places around the Edmonton area to look at bows & archery gear and also to shoot a bow if you have one or want to buy one. All of those places, (except SPFGA) sell bows & will let you test drive the bows they have for sale and also have a place to shoot. SPFGA has a very nice outside range though. :) but they don't sell archery gear.

solocam3
08-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Shoot in your Basement, Shoot in your garage. Just shoot!

TRG
09-04-2013, 02:02 PM
I have recently joined the Sherwood Park Archery Club on TWP road 520 outside of Sherwood Park. I am new to archery and have found them extremely helpful and friendly for advice. The outdoor range is set up nicely and the membership gives you full year access to and outdoor and indoor range as well as two 3D loops. You can also pay a drop in fee instead of the membership.

canadian medic
09-04-2013, 07:09 PM
are you just asking what you need to do to be legal to shoot? as in is it legal to shoot in your own back yard

Shevi
09-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Okey , thanks for answers