PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Twin Valley Res.

dodger
03-16-2007, 08:51 PM
I was looking for info on how T.V.R. was last summer for trolling. Also is there several access points other than the boat launch. I have tried looking for a map of the area online but can only find statistics. Spring fever has hit and all I can do is stare at the boat until the lakes open. I would love to here some T.V.R. stories :)

re
03-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey dodger, I ended up meeting a few people that fished it in the summer. They said lots in the 50-60cm range, nothing much bigger. I am gonna fish it lots in the summer. I just hope the commercial fishery leaves it alone!!!!!! The lake has awesome potential for producing monster pike, It is extremely deep right off shore so even those with no boat should have no problem. All the pike that I caught out of there were full of fresh water shrimp, some even regurgitating live ones when you pull em up! The pike will grow quick if the lake remains full of shrimp, kinda like the crawling valley football gerrard rainbows. The reason they grew so big so fast was the shrimp. They are like little mini protein packs!

dodger
03-16-2007, 09:51 PM
I might take the dog out that way and do a drive around the lake and maybe learn of a few areas to camp and launch my boat. I like to stay away from the crowds and enjoy the sound of waves hitting the shoreline with no distractions. Get plenty of noise in the city in foothills industrial all week long.

jrs
03-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey guys, i'd find an old air photo and track down the river channel. The big ones should stick down there as cool water and current will make it desireably. I think that lake is going to be incredable in about 3-4 years for big pike. I fished that stretch before it was flooded and the river had big pike in lots of the holes. They have to be monsters now. I can't wait to give er a try this summer.

re
03-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah totally!! Hey Dodger, why don't you try the old 529 road, It is past the dam turn off.

dodger
03-17-2007, 08:04 AM
I am not to familiar with the area but will defenitly do some exploring.