PDA

View Full Version : Lovin it

Rainemaker
08-26-2013, 10:27 PM
First season with a bow I bought for $120 ($250total with release and stabaliser and some carbons) just to see if its fiesable for a young dad like me. So far: #1 purchased flowers for the lady. #2 set up some tree stands for the first time after extensive advice from a friend ( one is wabbly as heck but there were no other trees in the area any bigger with any cover) its safe just gotta get your sailer legs going. #3 head out scouting and walked up on a respectable white tail my partner said about 160-170 and very tipacle. I'm havin a blast and can't wait for next Sunday. I hope these deer can settle in for a few weeks. But hey if it all ended here I'm satisfied already. If ya like fly fishin ya gotta try the bow. It's a whole new way of thinking. Lovin it.

Zuludog
08-26-2013, 11:00 PM
That's awesome. I know how you feel. Took up the bow last year, pretty much on my own too & am totally addicted. :) I'm not even sure if I'll bring out my rifle, except to take a new hunter out this fall, as promised. Welcome to the dark side as they say.

Mike_W
08-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Either your buddy doesn't know what a 160 or 170 class buck is or you have a very good spot if that is "typical"!!

Don't forget your safety harness when up in your stand.

L.O.S.T.Arrow
08-28-2013, 02:05 PM
:D Welcome to the dark side ...lol

Neil

Rainemaker
08-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Got the harness an I guess we'll have to see if I happen to down him.

north american hunter
08-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Anyone who shoots archery equipment get addicted

Dogwalker
08-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Amen to that, brother! It's like a drug but legal!:)

H380
08-28-2013, 09:46 PM
:sHa_shakeshout:You think you're addicted now, wait til you actually get to draw on and harvest and animal ... No turning back then ..Like LOST said , WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE... LOL..

birdslayer
08-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Mike W. yes I do know what a 160" deer is as I am taking rainmaker outto one of my spots to hunt , he may as well geta big one to start with . There was actually three of them all together , should get interesting on Sunday ! Could of used a bigger tree but that is all we have or we are getting in too tight to their bedding area , just gotta hang on and keep that pin staedy !

edmontonlady
08-30-2013, 10:35 PM

X2

I bought a compound the first time I ever fired one!!!! Hooked, line and sinker!!! But then the next day broke my wrist/ hand and now I scowl at the case and sigh.
:angry3:

Looks like I may never get to fire it again.....:sign0176:

Unregistered user
08-31-2013, 06:51 AM
I feel your pain, been putting off bow hunting for several years and finally treated myself to a nice one, range membership, lotsa gear etc. Fell off my bike 2 weeks ago and wrecked my elbow. Oh well, next year.

Zuludog
08-31-2013, 10:31 AM
I feel your pain, been putting off bow hunting for several years and finally treated myself to a nice one, range membership, lotsa gear etc. Fell off my bike 2 weeks ago and wrecked my elbow. Oh well, next year.

Damn that sucks. You going to rifle hunt?

Unregistered user
08-31-2013, 12:25 PM
^ Sure hope so, November for sure and I'm drawn for Wainwright either sex elk.

Rainemaker
08-31-2013, 09:28 PM
Big shout out to birdslayer one heck of a Canuck has been generous enough to pass on the knowledge and take me out also made me some killer jerky last year.

birdslayer
08-31-2013, 10:27 PM
rainemaker , will we be making some jerky tomorrow :?