PDA

View Full Version : Fishing sun glasses

Faststeel
08-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Say guys is there a brand of glasses that reigns supreme for use while out fishing/
Thanks FS

seahawkfisher
08-28-2008, 05:25 PM
maui jim; they are very expensive, but have great technology in their lenses (better polarization than cheeper ones) and i have found them to be fairly scratch resistant. i have a pair that you can tie the frame in a knot and they will spring right back into shape. can't even feel that they are on either
cheers

theduke
08-28-2008, 05:42 PM
fs im in the optical business and oakleys or raybans make great polarized lenses, go pick up a pair of polarized oakleys and you'll love them maui jims are good too but go with an oakley they make a better polarized lense with sharper optics

Ayr
08-28-2008, 06:26 PM
I have a pair of the Oakley's with polarized, anti-glare lenses and they are fantastic !! I think the lenses were called "Polar Ice" or something like that, I had to special order them, so worth it. I had a buddy try them on this weekend to look into pool trying to spot Bull trout, he was blown away at how much more he could see into the water. Lastly they are very effective at reducing the glare, both direct and reflected from the sun, no more headaches from squinting :cool:.

Ayr.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Honestly I bought ,me a couple pairs of Babe winklemens ' the uglyist things ive ever warn but I dont care there great . Lets you see fish in fairly deep water . Makes it fun when you get to sight fish for Pike .

Scott N
08-29-2008, 04:52 AM
I love my polarized Oakleys...

elnino54
08-29-2008, 05:24 AM
Action Optics are a great choice. Depending on the model, you can get them with prescription lenses. Best scratch resistence I've seen.

matathonman
08-29-2008, 05:39 AM
I use rayban and oakly's.I found my oakleys were better becayse of the design of the arms, the glasses don't slide down you nose when it gets warm.Great lense's in the oakley's too.

bobalong
08-29-2008, 08:51 AM
I use Maui Jims with the small reader lens on the bottom
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/bobalong/NSR/IMG_2484.jpg

thumper
08-29-2008, 10:03 AM
I like my prescription Action Optics, with the bifocal magnifier lense in the bottom.
It's very handy for tying on flies, and makes fish like Bobalong's look like 10 pounders!!

Gobi
08-29-2008, 10:13 AM
If you're looking for something a little cheaper than everybody has been talking about, do a search on Ebay. Sure they won't work as well as a $100 or whatever pair but, for $0.89 cents, why argue?

fluxcore
08-29-2008, 10:52 AM
I use Maui Jims with the small reader lens on the bottom
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/bobalong/NSR/IMG_2484.jpg

I wonder if those glasses with the reader lens make the fish look better:lol:
or is that bait?:lol:
just buggin :)

bobalong
08-29-2008, 11:24 AM
I like my prescription Action Optics, with the bifocal magnifier lense in the bottom.
It's very handy for tying on flies, and makes fish like Bobalong's look like 10 pounders!!

I know, I know, it's a dinker, but I just picked up this boat a couple of weeks ago and it was the first fish I caught in it. Your suppose to be looking at the glasses anyway lol. These glasses also let me see into the future, and it says the ten pounder's are coming, but probably not until October.

brandon
08-29-2008, 11:49 AM
My polarized hobie sunglasses are great and they were only 60 bucks, from costco!!!!!

BigRackLover
08-29-2008, 11:54 AM
I have Bolle Mongrell - they have interchangeable lenses. I have 6 different lenses including a polarized set. No compaints here.

Rockymtnx
08-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Take a good hard look at Costa Del Mar sunglasses.
Most of the guys I have been fishing with in the Caribbean use them. They are also one of the most used glasses on the bass circuit in the US.
I picked a pair up this summer. Well worth the money.

www.costadelmar.com

PlayDoh
08-29-2008, 09:22 PM
$20 Rapala's from Wally-World work for me. If I buy expensive glasses I lose them or they get stolen. My $20 Rap's last forever and if they get scratched I just toss em and grab another from the glovie.