PDA

View Full Version : Arrow shaft/Broadhead Dilemma

Nait Hadya
08-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Recently purchased the Axis FMJ arrows with the new HIT inserts. The proshop installed the 8/32 inserts. I had planned on using the new NAP Deepsix broadheads and require a different insert that has the 6/32 thread. I cannot locate the proper inserts to make these components into an arrow. Does anyone know if these are compatible?

Big Lou
08-27-2013, 08:52 PM
I don't think that they are. I believe that the Deep Six inserts/components were developed exclusively for the micro diameter Injexion line of arrows. These would be a G-series of components. Pretty sure everything in the FMJ line is 8/32 thread and and X-series for other components. I might be wrong but pretty sure you're S.O.L. going the route you're trying for.

Antelopeous
08-27-2013, 10:32 PM
I know for a fact that it is possible...read the description, "designed for Axis and FMJ.

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/59685/easton-deep-six-stainless-steel-rps-inserts

Nait Hadya
08-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Thanks, think I was getting hung up on the HIT inserts, which are not available for the FMJ's in the 6/32 configuration. I'll check the RPS inserts again. They are the correct thread, however they seem to be a very sloppy fit in the shaft. I would imagine that relying on epoxy to center the insert would result in less than stellar arrow flight. HP-3 HP-4 ?

Big Lou
08-27-2013, 11:17 PM
I stand corrected Lope. That wasn't on there the last time I checked Easton's site but good to know.

L.O.S.T.Arrow
08-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks, think I was getting hung up on the HIT inserts, which are not available for the FMJ's in the 6/32 configuration. I'll check the RPS inserts again. They are the correct thread, however they seem to be a very sloppy fit in the shaft. I would imagine that relying on epoxy to center the insert would result in less than stellar arrow flight. HP-3 HP-4 ?

:D Any insert that is sloopy in shaft is the wrong insert...all inserts will start sloopy as they are designed to start easy that tight friction fit near end...

a good way to test is keep shaft cut ends and try insert...which can be pushed out after test...

with the HIT we use Gorrilla Super glue...which is slightly gelled and has a slightly slower set time...

you have to be quick and precise but it works well and inserts seat square and balanced...it is possible to have Epoxy run to startend and settle more on one side if arrow is placed flat when glueing nocks...

Neil

gazzoo300
08-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Cabelas sells the insert you are looking for it is a Deep Six insert for shafts other than the Injection arrows.

Nait Hadya
08-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks Gents, RPS it is! Easton has confirmed that there is only one size of Deep Six RPS SS insert for the Axis/FMJ shafts.