PDA

View Full Version : fishing charter in cabo

Torkdiesel
08-28-2008, 09:39 PM
I know its a little off the hunting subject but I'm going to cabo san lucas in late october and was wondering if anybody knew of a good charter boat to book with

duffy4
08-28-2008, 09:56 PM
You are certianly right this is really off topic for the hunting forum. Fortunately there is a fishing forum on this board and I'll bet you could get an answer for your question over there. The mods may even move this over there for you.

mikeo2
08-29-2008, 11:07 AM
We just came back from Cabo in march, nice place, great time. What we did and what you may want to do is go down to the marina around 3 or 4 and watch the boats coming in. They put little flags up for every fish and fish species that they caught that day, so it tells you which boats have been on fish lately. We went out with Teo on the Cabo Marlini and wouldnt hesitate for a minute to go out with him again, om if you want his email.

Rather Be Hunting
08-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Go to Cabo every year, got a 300 pound yellowfin tuna last time out, and had a great trip on the water (although my little guy was upchucking in his brand new sumbrero and I cut the day out in half)!:sick:
Every resort you can stay at will have information there, and can arrange a day on the water for you, either by yourself, or to join others on a boat to make it more cost effective for you.
Enjoy yourself!:).
Bring lots of liquid refreshment!
RBH

martinbns
08-29-2008, 09:47 PM
I was in Cabo about 5 years ago and wqent Panga fishing with Gordobanks panga's. These are small boats that go out in the sea of cortez within 5 miles of shore, the fishing is great. We caught gruoper and dorado when we went, but saw tuna boiling the water, just didn't get any hits. These are half day charters and way less likely to get seasick, also way less expensive than a big boat out in the pacific. It's the way the locals fish, very cool.

http://www.gordobanks.com/