PDA

View Full Version : Wabamun shore fishing

Smitty19
09-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Hey guys, is there anywhere to fish from shore at wabamun? don't have a boat at the moment and wanna head out.

thanks,

Richmuiz
09-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Hey guys, is there anywhere to fish from shore at wabamun? don't have a boat at the moment and wanna head out.

thanks,

Try the train bridge look on google maps how to get there it's right after the provincial park

AdverseCity
09-04-2013, 08:04 AM
I camped at the Provincial Park for 5 days recently and spent most of my time by the train bridge. I had a boat but it was mostly windy and too choppy to justify crossing the lake. Try chucking a large white spinnerbait on the calm side of the bridge, weedless and tons of action. For an exciting challenge try a topwater buzzbait, you'll catch less but man is it ever fun. Just remember train bridges are no place to mess around, not sure what happened but there's a memorial on the north side of the bridge. Good luck and stay safe....

Lund rebel
09-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Be aware that alto you can cross the bridge there are a pile if no trespassing signs, so if you are on the of the islands below, don't be surprised if the cn police show up and issue u a trespassing ticket or warning. I had been out in my boat a couple times when I seem them come talk to people and see there is a report on Ifish about someone who had got a ticket.