PDA

View Full Version : matthews Z7 Extreme or Creed

newfie bullet
09-04-2013, 02:52 PM
I have a matthews z7 extreme now #70 lb bow .I have had some rotator cuff issues and isthinking about getting a set of 60 limbs for my z7 extreme . or do you think i should get a new #60 creed instead?
i have never seen or shot one (creed) , living here in nfld mail order is the only way to get a matthews of any kind, how does the creed compare to my z7 extreme /
i do likemy z7 extreme
regards
alan

double gun
09-04-2013, 03:20 PM
I shoot the z7 extreme, my brother the creed. I can't really tell you which one I like to shoot better.

newfie bullet
09-04-2013, 06:32 PM
i really like my z7 extreme too........got it all set up with QAD arrow rest , matthews 5 arrow quiver and the G5 optics 4 pin sight all in lost camo.... a real sweet looking bow with the G5 peep as well

newfie bullet
09-04-2013, 06:35 PM
hear the reviews and you would think the bows of last years were obsolete to the nnew current models ......dont really want to get caught up in the .......writers hype

Kale_M
09-05-2013, 01:09 AM
I have a matthews z7 extreme now #70 lb bow .I have had some rotator cuff issues and isthinking about getting a set of 60 limbs for my z7 extreme . or do you think i should get a new #60 creed instead?
i have never seen or shot one (creed) , living here in nfld mail order is the only way to get a matthews of any kind, how does the creed compare to my z7 extreme /
i do likemy z7 extreme
regards
alan

Why don't you just turn the one you have now down to 60 pounds?

BowHunt182
09-05-2013, 03:33 PM
I have the creed and I have no complaints what so ever I have it set at a 70 pound draw and it feels like I am pulling 10 pounds

newfie bullet
09-05-2013, 05:53 PM
have you compared it to the z7 extreme

RoscoeP
09-05-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't like the look of the Creed, the idler wheel is bigger than the wheels on my Ford F150.

SmokinJoe
09-05-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm shooting a creed now, my last bow was a z7 extreme, I like them both, I changed both out to a focus grip, I'm not a fan of the factory grip. But you sound like you have the same injury as my self, and I so like the creed for the smooth roll over due to huge idler. I had to turn my z7 down to 60 last fall due to sore shoulder, it shot ok. But I find I can keep my creed at 70 and not worry about my wing hurting or being uncomfortable. Managed to take a few 3-d tourneys with my creed and a few grand prixs as well, pretty wicked weapon in the right hands. Excited to see what they release this year.

SPIKEHORN
09-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Why but old technology ? get the Creed you wont be disappointed.

L.O.S.T.Arrow
09-27-2013, 12:29 PM
Why but old technology ? get the Creed you wont be disappointed.

The HeliM has everything the Creed has except for the gawdly looking split limbs and bearpaw cam and wheel..the creed is heavier...much slower...more expensive...doesnt come in 65 lb...and creed is plain ulgy....lol

but again beauty is in the eye of the beholder...lol

both great bows...

Neil

SmokinJoe
09-27-2013, 11:26 PM
The HeliM has everything the Creed has except for the gawdly looking split limbs and bearpaw cam and wheel..the creed is heavier...much slower...more expensive...doesnt come in 65 lb...and creed is plain ulgy....lol

but again beauty is in the eye of the beholder...lol

both great bows...

Neil

I don't know who your Mathews supplier is but I'd amagine they would not appreciate you slamming their product, or new designs, I shot the helium as well, the issue here is a rotator cuff injury, the roll over on the helium is not bad, but it is way easier to draw a creed due to the "bear Paw". Are you an AO sponsor yet? Cause you sure do allot of advertising on here

"JMHO"

sparky660
09-28-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't know who your Mathews supplier is but I'd amagine they would not appreciate you slamming their product, or new designs, I shot the helium as well, the issue here is a rotator cuff injury, the roll over on the helium is not bad, but it is way easier to draw a creed due to the "bear Paw". Are you an AO sponsor yet? Cause you sure do allot of advertising on here

"JMHO"

Who cares if he is a sponsor or not. His input on here is of great value and he has helped many. How he decides to spend his advertising money is up to him. It would be unfortunate to lose another valuable member to a mouth piece such as yourself.

SmokinJoe
09-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Who cares if he is a sponsor or not. His input on here is of great value and he has helped many. How he decides to spend his advertising money is up to him. It would be unfortunate to lose another valuable member to a mouth piece such as yourself.

Advise is one thing, good advise is another, the unfortunate thing is most people can't differentiate between the two. This particular mouthpiece can. Believe me this site loses more valuable input from expierienced people due guys like the above, just because a guy invests money I'm a retail environment does not make him an expert, there is allot of guys on here that know this sport inside out and could offer better advise on other topics, not just based on what Neil sells in his store. APA? Really then jump to the next page and push Mathews? C'mon, I personally shoot a Mathews, does everyone need to shoot one? No.

After I see his 2 cents on a thread it turns me off of writing anything, especially the ones that end with the words "stop by the shop". At the top of the page there are many fine sponsors for this forum. They need to be respected for the fine honourable companies they are, or the site runs the risk of losing them,

Jmpo

RayM77
09-28-2013, 06:27 PM
who cares if he is a sponsor or not. His input on here is of great value and he has helped many. How he decides to spend his advertising money is up to him. It would be unfortunate to lose another valuable member to a mouth piece such as yourself.

280remington
09-28-2013, 08:59 PM

X3

nelsonob1
10-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Neil's great and has helped out lots of members, myself included. I have never considered anything he has posted as either offensive or discouraging to other members. If he owns a bow shop then all the better for us bow enthusiasts who love to buy bow stuff and get advice from professionals.

7mmremmag
10-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Neil's great and has helped out lots of members, myself included. I have never considered anything he has posted as either offensive or discouraging to other members. If he owns a bow shop then all the better for us bow enthusiasts who love to buy bow stuff and get advice from professionals.

X2, All the help you provide here to members is greatly appreciated Neil.
And just so you know SmokinJoe, I have been invited to come shoot at Neils nice outdoor range numerous times, Free of charge.
Not everyone is out to make a buck