PDA

View Full Version : Heading to blood Indian with my Grandpa

tam474
09-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Hey AO Members,

I am heading out to blood Indian reservoir this weekend with my grandpa. I try to make it out once a year to the Hanna area since my grandma passed away and go fishing with him. I have not been to blood Indian in many years and recall that they got hit hard by flooding last year.

I was hoping some members might be able to shed light on how the fishery is this season and productive lures/fly. My grandpa is a traditional fisherman that trolls spoons, spinners from his little tin boat or uses a pickerel rig from shore.

I have recently got into fly fish and was hoping to land some fish on the fly.

Any help is greatly appreciated and will help the both of us have an enjoyable and memorable fishing outing.

Thank you for your time and input.

Sincerely,

TM

Chris84
09-04-2013, 07:29 PM
I was there the third weekend in August. The fishing was quite slow, though both days were 33degrees. The fishing pressure is pretty severe, so I imagine it hasnt picked up a lot. Oddly enough, neither my bil or myself got any on the fly. Thats a first. Good luck to you and have fun with your grandpa.

Gillfisher
09-05-2013, 01:14 PM
I have always done well trolling a gang troll & wedding bands with worms or power bait shrimp also works well

Gillfisher