PDA

View Full Version : fishing pine coulee

gibbo
09-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Hi all,
I'm thinking of trying pine coulee this coming weekend, was hoping for some pointers please.
Where, what baits, tactics etc. Also going to take my fly rod and try to catch walleye. Will I need a sinking line or is floating ok, maybe with a long leader.
Any info greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Carl

BeeGuy
09-04-2013, 04:55 PM
throw a minnow off the dock

if there is a hook in it, you will have non-stop action

fly: sinking line

FlYiNGuY
09-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Fished PCR today. Walleye all day long. Most of them 15"-20".Took them on a minnow tipped jig, plain buck tail jig, deep trolled crankbait and a couple on a frenzy bunny red and white (pike) fly on a floating line early in the day. Go deep with the fly once the sun is high. I think they will eat anything there.

Have fun! Hope this weather holds for you.

gibbo
09-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Thanks guys,
Great info, thinking of going Sunday. Is it a good idea to get there early, start fishing asap, or do they start feeding lunch time?

Roughneck71
09-05-2013, 06:36 PM
me and my 5 year old daughter were there about 1030 in the am couple weeks ago and she caught 15 walley on her own! it was great we left when her arms got tired, worm and minnow to the botom slow retrieve
darrell

FlYiNGuY
09-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Thanks guys,
Great info, thinking of going Sunday. Is it a good idea to get there early, start fishing asap, or do they start feeding lunch time?

Anytime of day at the right depth. I had Walleye coming up to to slightly below surface fly early morning along the east shore. Had to go deep once the sun was beating down. If its hot like it has been go early, catch 50 before it gets too hot and call it a day!

gibbo
09-07-2013, 01:12 PM
thanks again guys,
is there anywhere you would suggest for the first try. I was going to turn right at Stavely and stick on that road until you hit the bridge, then park up there somewhere and fish. Just wondering if it's worth going down towards the campground?
Or is it more have a drive around the reservoir and park up and try your luck??
Thanks Carl

TROLLER
09-07-2013, 08:22 PM
All the response have suggested you fish from the dock.

It is only a few kl from the bridge.

therookie
09-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Ive fished under the bridge and we ran out of bait in less than an hour. great spot to fish... nothing overly big but its a very good spot

BeeGuy
09-07-2013, 09:00 PM
fish off the dock. endless fish

the bridge has a lot of rocks, snags, and old line.

BobLoblaw
09-07-2013, 10:07 PM
the bridge has a lot of rocks, snags, and old line.

Yep.
That's why I use a slip bobber when I fish around the bridge.

BeeGuy
09-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Good call.

I use a slip float off the dock for my annual visit.

Got my self one of them new fangled LED slip floats.

Watch out burbs and lake whites!