PDA

View Full Version : Anchor sight

schian
09-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Looking for some info from those of you that are experienced with an anchor sight. I put one on the other day an have it all set up. Shooting decent actually but I can tell its going to take some getting used to.

My question is, how close (or how far into) your sight do you set it up.
Mine is currently set up really close to my pins so I don't have to look far between the anchor sight and my pins but it seems as tho its crowding my sight window a bit.
What do you guys typically do/ recommend?

Thanks a lot.
And good luck out there folks.

Schian

Lefty-Canuck
09-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Check out this thread. There are some pics of how two of these are mounted on different bows.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=87509&highlight=Anchor+sight&page=2

ISB and I have our Anchor Sights mounted differently ....but neither obstruct the sight window and both are close enough to see in the peripheral view.

IMHO, that is how you want to mount it (in the peripheral without blocking the sight window) whether it is above or below your sight is personal preference.

LC

DcSwabey
09-11-2013, 10:10 PM
I have been using anchor sight for the last year and a half. I have it mounted directly below the sight window for the pins.

My experience with the anchor site has been positive. Stick with the transition...I was really apprehensive when I first started and almost switched back. But you will get used to it.
My groups are tighter, my field of view when sighting the target is wider (because I am not looking through a peep....and it's awesome in low light conditions.) This past summer my sighting became much faster and its almost like instinctive shooting. When I come up to full draw the bubble is instinctively aligned and I can let the arrow fly.

Good luck

Thinlizzy
09-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Great sight! Helps your form. It will also help you shoot better from a tree stand as well! I have been using it for a couple years and would not go back to a peep sight.

thunder_sticks
09-13-2013, 11:31 PM
I switched to one last fall, have it mounted just above my sight window. I was already shooting with just a kisser button and no peep so the transition was pretty painless. Stick with it, you will love it when you aren't looking through that small peep when the light is getting low.

BigRackLover
09-18-2013, 09:33 AM
it's all personal preference, but my anchor sight circle intersects partially in the top left corner of my sight circle. I can still see enough of the animal and my pins.

Zuludog
09-18-2013, 10:31 PM
I just picked up an IQ sight. I won't mount it until after my weekend hunt but am anxious to try it out, I'd like to get rid of my peep too. :sHa_shakeshout: