PDA

View Full Version : Drumheller

Mark
09-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Hi Guys

Not looking for a secret spots, but a little info would be most appreciated.

My boat trailer blew it bearings out last week and is in the shop until next week so I'm shore bound. I would have made the trip out to the Bassano Dam but since it’s closed due to the flood, that's a no-go.

I'd like to take a stab at fishing the Red Deer River by Drumheller for goldeye. I've hunted the area, but I don't know any access spot for fishing.

If anybody wouldn't mind sharing any public access point that would be most appreciated. Also, if anybody has been fishing the Red Deer River by Drumheller lately, wouldn't mind letting me know how its been, that would also be much appreciate

Thanks in advance.

BeeGuy
09-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Was there 2 weekends ago.

Fishing was fine for walleye, goldeye and sauger.

We didn't really know any spots either.

Just looked on google earth and then checked out 3 spots.

Spot #3 was the ringer.

Nothin to it.

the local angler
09-06-2013, 04:52 PM
water level is really low and fishing was kinda slow a few weeks ago when i was there. the suspension bridge is a fairly popular spot but am told if you cross the suspension bridge to fish the other shoreline, there is a bit of a 3 foot ledge or cliff to climb down now from the floods. you might need a net with a long handle or some rubber boots cause the shoreline gets kinda muddy. good luck

azn_rice_man
09-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Was there 2 weekends ago.

Fishing was fine for walleye, goldeye and sauger.

We didn't really know any spots either.

Just looked on google earth and then checked out 3 spots.

Spot #3 was the ringer.

Nothin to it.

I'll vouch for spot #3.

Mark
09-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the info.

Gslice
09-12-2013, 05:40 PM
bump

Any reports on current water levels?

Mark
09-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Never made it out, but am trying to make it out this week. I'll let you know the water levels if I do make it out.

azn_rice_man
09-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Was there this weekend and it's extremely low.

Mulestalker
09-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Water levels are really low,haven't had the boat out for a couple weeks but plan on getting out soon,she's a little sketchy even in the jet...

AK47
09-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Was there this weekend and it's extremely low.

The lower the better! thanks!

troutmountain
09-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Remember there are only 4 holes between stettler and drum that are over 10 feet!! If you can find them you will find the good ones!!