PDA

View Full Version : Used Boat we bought

Drano
08-31-2008, 08:30 PM
:)Here are a few pics of the boat we purchased.
14' mirrorcraft, deep fisherman.
2 - 20 horsepower motors 1 Merc and 1 Elgin
plus trailor, oars and anchor.

Mike aka "The Assassin" and Pecker and myself worked on the trailer and boat on saturday to get it ready for the water.
There were a few leaks in it, nothing that Pecker could not fix and the trailer needed some work, can't thank those two guys enough.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Awesome Drano , looks to be like a deasent boat .

Drano
08-31-2008, 09:10 PM
We painted the trailer white and green, the inside we put truck bed liner down
after cleaning it up with tsp, we will be painting the bottom of the boat white and top will be green, I have to keep the saskatchewan boys happy you know.

floppychicken
09-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Hey Nice boat !

I love those later model Deep V'zzz. They're a lot thicker aluminum than anything similarily built today and get through the chop a whole lot nicer too.

BTW, how did fix your leaks ? Was the bed liner enough or did you do something else first ?

Cheers,

/FC....

Baitcaster
09-01-2008, 12:28 PM
The bottom in that boat looks great. Was it installed with a paint brush, and where did you get it? I restored a boat myself, but ended up using spray cans of undercoating from Can-Tire. It works well but would not stand up like what you guys did.

pecker
09-01-2008, 04:01 PM
The bottom in that boat looks great. Was it installed with a paint brush, and where did you get it? I restored a boat myself, but ended up using spray cans of undercoating from Can-Tire. It works well but would not stand up like what you guys did.

we got 2 kits of bed-liner from napa auto parts and sprayed it using compressed air and a regulator. the holes were fixed applying j. b. weld to the outside with a putty knife , the weld seeped through to the inside for a good hard anchored seal . then liner over . :wave:

Hunter Trav
09-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Looks real good, nice job cleaning it up. One thing to consider though, when its a nice hot sunny day, your gonna be even hotter in that boat having a black bottom. Just a thought...

Drano
09-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Looks real good, nice job cleaning it up. One thing to consider though, when its a nice hot sunny day, your gonna be even hotter in that boat having a black bottom. Just a thought...

We thought of that also, but the "Gator Guard" comes in two colors black or white, we decided on black as it should absorb the heat where white would reflect it back at us as snow does then we would be squinting all day. We would get one heck of a tan though.

We are still debating on putting the floor back in also.

Drano...:):wave:

pecker
09-03-2008, 08:33 PM
:huh::huh:We thought of that also, but the "Gator Guard" comes in two colors black or white, we decided on black as it should absorb the heat where white would reflect it back at us as snow does then we would be squinting all day. We would get one heck of a tan though.

We are still debating on putting the floor back in also.

Drano...:):wave:Drano- i think you want that hull as low as possible . you don't want it to top heavy - should have got an 18 footer.