PDA

View Full Version : Day Trip 08

trout hunter
08-31-2008, 09:48 PM
Im looking to go on a day trip to catch some trout mostly brown and rainbow within 2 hours drive of calgary. Where and what to use too..

Thanks

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-31-2008, 11:30 PM
Im looking to go on a day trip to catch some trout mostly brown and rainbow within 2 hours drive of calgary. Where and what to use too..

Thanks

:lol::lol::lol: I don't think youll get all that info but go to the upper or lower kananaskis, use dry flys .

tonyflyfish
09-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Becasuse you are such a valued member of this board I will tell you some of what I know. Try Caresland area. If open there are great holes both up and down stream of the weir. Or if you head west on Hwy #1 you can get to headwater areas of the Bow. If you head that why let me know and I will give you some spots to try.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
09-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Im not one to really fish in the mountains. Im more into gore for fish with big teeth. I did enjoy the time I spent in K country and all the beautiful wilderness. Thanks for the comments tony. Best of luck to you in the rest of this open water seaon.

trout hunter
09-01-2008, 09:51 PM
thnaks that helped alot and ill give u a shout when im heading out

tonyflyfish
09-01-2008, 10:07 PM
i see my error!
i still think you are a good guy just from your posts. you should let those toothy guys rest (even the cats in man.) and spend more time looking for the pot of gold at the end of the "rainbow". next year we'll get you out for some trout. this year you will be guiding me on a day trip through the ice!!

T