PDA

View Full Version : NSR slow

Alberta Bigbore
09-02-2008, 02:13 AM
well....just slow at Science bend. Buck and I set up for sturgeon, but ended up with 2 small dink walleye that my rod could have easily cast across the river. Barbless circle hook held it securely by the "never fail" corner of the mouth.

Was all good B.S.'n and shootin the breeze. I need to get out more often if i start getting out on more fishing trips i might quit my job. So far fished every weekend since my holidays were over, its been great. Bring on the ice, but fishing the NSR until the water freezes for now.

Bait
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa111/Z-Axis-2007/Fishing%20Alberta/Scienceparkbend2Sept1.jpg

FisherPotch
09-02-2008, 02:40 AM
Gotta love them circle hooks!! They truly are a dream when it comes to C&R. Too bad they wern't snarling, atleast you didn't get skunked! Tight lines man.

I too am looking forward to the ice, can't wait. It's getting purdy cold at night, shouldn't be more than a few weeks and well have a hefty layer of hard water!! ;)

buckmaster
09-02-2008, 07:25 AM
hey bigbore,you think BBJ would have made it down that hill?? :lol::lol::lol: just jokiing BBJ!!!!

Swamp_Donkey
09-02-2008, 08:16 AM
I've been fishing west of the Genesee bridge, and it's been crap here too.
Neighbours kid the was casting a pickrel rig out and caught a pickrel 5-6 feet from shore:lol:. Born fisherman that kid.
Hopefully with the colder weather it picks up again. But its Hunting Season!!!!!!

Alberta Bigbore
09-02-2008, 01:16 PM
hey bigbore,you think BBJ would have made it down that hill?? :lol::lol::lol: just jokiing BBJ!!!!

what are you talking about???? I barely made it back up the hill. HAHAHA. BTW remember my 2nd set up in that deeper pool pointed more upstream? Just found out 2 days earlier something in excess of 20 pounds was C&R'd in there ;)

Gotta love them circle hooks!! They truly are a dream when it comes to C&R. Too bad they wern't snarling, atleast you didn't get skunked! Tight lines man.

I too am looking forward to the ice, can't wait. It's getting purdy cold at night, shouldn't be more than a few weeks and well have a hefty layer of hard water!! ;)

Circle hooks are the only way to go if you baitfishing in the river, catches the corner of the mouth everytime. The hooks that come with basic pickerel rigs are FISH KILLERS. lol. Slip sinker rigs are my fav though

I've been fishing west of the Genesee bridge, and it's been crap here too.
Neighbours kid the was casting a pickrel rig out and caught a pickrel 5-6 feet from shore:lol:. Born fisherman that kid.
Hopefully with the colder weather it picks up again. But its Hunting Season!!!!!!

I have been chatting with my friends from my home town of Fort Sask, and the walleye bite has been awesome. Theres a deep hole in town i want to try this weekend, but like i told Buckmaster im not 21 anymore. The adventure starts with getting to the hole, LOL ( 31 feelin 60):lol: