PDA

View Full Version : Bow river - renewed faith

Tigger72
09-11-2013, 10:49 AM
So this has been my first year fishing alberta and numerous times on the Bow with no luck .... Yesterday while walking my dog down by the river I witnessed two fancy boat set ups on the bow 3 people in each boat; one driver and two "fishing"....I watched them catch at least 10-12 fish in a matter of minutes... So I'm know setting up my boat the same and would like some help... how would I get long arms out the front of my canoe with a strong enough electric current to make the fish jump into my boat....lol... I have never seen this "electro-fishing" done before and was surprised as to the number and size of the fish they were pulling out.... so I now know that there are fish in the bow I've just been using lures instead of electricity... ( do I need a special licence..:thinking-006: )... I did get a chance to talk with the CO's and they were counting/documenting size and radio tagging the fish, they stated it was a tough day at the office....( I also asked if I could volunteer some of my time in their office and they said no!):sign0161:

Scott N
09-11-2013, 11:13 AM
We did some electro-fishing samples in one of my environmental science classes many years ago. It was cool to see where the fish would be hiding, and sometimes it was surprising even.

SuCraM
09-11-2013, 02:07 PM
The bow is one of the best fisheries around. I fish it in Calgary and catch a mixture of rainbows, browns, rockies, pike, and fat suckers. Its all about your terminal tackle and technique. Well location helps too.

JReed
09-11-2013, 02:35 PM
My first twenty times on the bow was the same story, I was wondering what the big deal was with it. After twenty more visits when I started to catch fish, I realized it was my mediocre technique, not a mediocre river.

TMLhammy
09-11-2013, 04:49 PM
X2 JReed