PDA

View Full Version : Pink Salmon BC

Gslice
09-11-2013, 11:50 PM
The pinks are starting to run the gauntlet in masses. Not a very good tasting fish but a lot of fun for the family because of their numbers.

Was there last week. Caught 6 in 2 hours.
Started off pretty slow, but this and the following week should be a lot better if anyone's looking for some non-stop action. every accessible beach is packed shoulder to shoulder with fishermen. 2km of beach and all you see is the great wall of rods pointing to the center of the Fraser. heh.

I was slaying them with orange tip dick nites and dark purple 2" buzz bombs. White sturgeon fishing was crazy too. My buddy was slaying them quicker than I was catching pinks. Great fun!

Would highly recommend targeting pinks right now for anyone who's planning to go to BC! :)

Mike

The Reel Deal
09-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Wicked fun!

I'm headed out to delta for a few days hopefully before oct 1 for work and been thinking about packing a rod or two. I've never fished the Fraser and my hotel should be close to Deas / Tilbury Island. Is this a decent spot to fish or should I get a rental car to get to a better spot? Thx for any help :)

Vigsy
09-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Buddy and i were in howe sound area and sqwamish river a few weeks back and had a wicked time! Caught well over 100 pinks between the two of us! Pink spinnows were the ticket for us!

BGSH
09-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Buddy and i were in howe sound area and sqwamish river a few weeks back and had a wicked time! Caught well over 100 pinks between the two of us! Pink spinnows were the ticket for us!

Bro it looked like a blast.

AppleJax
09-12-2013, 12:28 PM
I always catch them in the Campbell River combat fishing! Always have good luck tying an egg knot and use a piece of pink/blue/green yarn.

SHEDHEAD
09-12-2013, 12:35 PM
I took the GF out to Frasier River near Hope this past weekend and we hit the run just right. Had a lot of Springs and Pink on the line all weekend. Caught a few Sockeye but were unable to keep em. Def going to invest in a Jet boat! A lot of fun thats for sure!

Gslice
09-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Wicked fun!

I'm headed out to delta for a few days hopefully before oct 1 for work and been thinking about packing a rod or two. I've never fished the Fraser and my hotel should be close to Deas / Tilbury Island. Is this a decent spot to fish or should I get a rental car to get to a better spot? Thx for any help :)

I was mainly on shore at derby reach. But when the big push comes, you will catch them everywhere. You would actually have to try, to not catch them.
Sky train bridge (putullo i believe or something) is pretty good spot as well.

When you cast it out, let it sink for a couple seconds, then do a very slow retrieve while still maintaining action on your lure.

They become really aggressive at the turning point at peak high tide.

marlin1
09-12-2013, 01:16 PM
very cool . just got back from scattering my Dad's ashes there at derby reach this summer . It was one his fav spots to go . Glad to see the fishing is good , thanks for posting

grizz325
09-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Great pics, looks like you were under the port man bridge.

Wild&Free
09-12-2013, 04:34 PM
jigging during your retrieve will also get them going crazy. It's how I'd play around with them little buggers in the Bulkley River back home. They were in full spawn color and hump by then.

OneGirlWolfPack
09-12-2013, 10:08 PM
That is beyond awesome! Looks like you guys had a great time!

1bluZebec
09-13-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm jealeous:( I wanted to come down this weekend or next at latest to go for my first salmon and a pink for sure maybe a chinook but I had to at last minute cancel my trip too continue saving for new tires for my truck and wife's car and need all new gear for icefishing. Awesome job ough good to see:) maybe ill get to go in 2015 lol

gunner227
09-13-2013, 11:11 PM
Wish i could have seen that action!

Riverbc
09-14-2013, 02:24 PM
My 4 year grandson and his first pink!

marlin1
09-14-2013, 10:05 PM
nice first fish . great shot

Thundercatcher
09-14-2013, 10:47 PM
nice first fish . great shot

I will be in White rock Sep 30th. We will be close to fraser river. What hooks are good for salmon. Also how much is a BC fishing license? Were does onw find fishing regulations for that area?

e40water12
09-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Nice spot to fish i used to fish that part of the fraser River called brownsville sand bar. Awesome catches congrats.

Riverbc
09-15-2013, 08:56 AM
I will be in White rock Sep 30th. We will be close to fraser river. What hooks are good for salmon. Also how much is a BC fishing license? Were does onw find fishing regulations for that area?

They were fishing above the railway bridge in Mission, so the requires a Freshwater license and a salmon tag. Below the bridge requires a Tidal water license and a salmon tag.

prices subject to change, tax not included
Freshwater*************Resident
***************** ********Non-Resident
******************************Non-Resident Alien
Basic Licences
Annual Angling Licence***** $36 $55 $80
One Day Angling Licence**** $10 $20 $20
Eight Day Angling Licence****$20 $36 $50
Annual Licence for Disabled***$1 •• ••
Annual Licence for Age 65 Plus*$5 •• ••

Conservation Surcharges
Prices subject to change, tax not included
Licence Type**********Resident
************************** Non-Resident
****************************** Non-Resident Alien

Steelhead************** $25 $60 $60
Salmon*****************$15 $30 $30
Shuswap L. Rainbow Trout***$10 $20 $20
Kootenay L. Rainbow Trout***$10 $20 $20
Shuswap Lake Char********$10 $20 $20

Freshwater regs
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1315/fishing_synopsis_2013-15.pdf

Freshwater salmon regs

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/docs/SFGfresh-GPSdouce-2013-eng.pdf

Tidal waters

A Canadian resident is an individual who normally resides in Canada. Proof of residency must be provided on request. A Non-Canadian resident is any individual who does not live in Canada. Fees do not include taxes.

Licence Type & Duration Fee: Non-Resident Fee: Resident
Annual Licence, Adult (16-64 years of age) $101 $21
Annual Licence, Senior (65 years of age and over)$101 $11
Annual Licence, Juvenile (Under 16 years of age)Free Free
5-Day Licence $31 $16
3-Day Licence $19 $11
1-Day Licence $7 $5.25
Salmon Conservation Stamp $6 $6

Tidal Regs

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/docs/SFGtidal-GPSmaree-2013-eng.pdf

Thundercatcher
09-15-2013, 01:36 PM
So for the fraser river just find a spot and fish

They were fishing above the railway bridge in Mission, so the requires a Freshwater license and a salmon tag. Below the bridge requires a Tidal water license and a salmon tag.

prices subject to change, tax not included
Freshwater*************Resident
***************** ********Non-Resident
******************************Non-Resident Alien
Basic Licences
Annual Angling Licence***** $36 $55 $80
One Day Angling Licence**** $10 $20 $20
Eight Day Angling Licence****$20 $36 $50
Annual Licence for Disabled***$1 •• ••
Annual Licence for Age 65 Plus*$5 •• ••

Conservation Surcharges
Prices subject to change, tax not included
Licence Type**********Resident
************************** Non-Resident
****************************** Non-Resident Alien

Steelhead************** $25 $60 $60
Salmon*****************$15 $30 $30
Shuswap L. Rainbow Trout***$10 $20 $20
Kootenay L. Rainbow Trout***$10 $20 $20
Shuswap Lake Char********$10 $20 $20

Freshwater regs
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1315/fishing_synopsis_2013-15.pdf

Freshwater salmon regs

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/docs/SFGfresh-GPSdouce-2013-eng.pdf

Tidal waters

A Canadian resident is an individual who normally resides in Canada. Proof of residency must be provided on request. A Non-Canadian resident is any individual who does not live in Canada. Fees do not include taxes.

Licence Type & Duration Fee: Non-Resident Fee: Resident
Annual Licence, Adult (16-64 years of age) $101 $21
Annual Licence, Senior (65 years of age and over)$101 $11
Annual Licence, Juvenile (Under 16 years of age)Free Free
5-Day Licence $31 $16
3-Day Licence $19 $11
1-Day Licence $7 $5.25
Salmon Conservation Stamp $6 $6

Tidal Regs

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/docs/SFGtidal-GPSmaree-2013-eng.pdf

Riverbc
09-15-2013, 03:23 PM
pretty much....usually you'll see other people in spots. I always enjoyed fishing the mouth of the Stave, Vedder and Harrison Rivers. Pinks often travel close to shore....so need to cast as far as you can.
Lots of good info here. http://fishingwithrod.com/

XFishOwonderX65
09-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Awesome man. Went there last week though I was not quite fortunate at all. Mine doesn't hold a candle against yours. Still looked great afterwards though.

Gslice
09-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Awesome man. Went there last week though I was not quite fortunate at all. Mine doesn't hold a candle against yours. Still looked great afterwards though.

Why does your salmon have white meat

Gslice
09-17-2013, 03:05 PM
My 4 year grandson and his first pink!

Great fish! Almost as big as he is ;)

XFishOwonderX65
09-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Why does your salmon have white meat

Sauteed with special sauce

Riverbc
09-23-2013, 02:49 PM
grandson's at it again. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRYtzUwnJdE

1bluZebec
09-23-2013, 05:27 PM
CONGRATS to the little man! Awesome job!:)

Gslice
09-23-2013, 08:53 PM
grandson's at it again. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRYtzUwnJdE

Nicely done. I'm assuming the pink run is coming to a close now?

It's time to lock and load for the coho run!

Mike