PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo lake narrows

Digger91
09-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Just wondering if anyone has fished the narrows out at buffalo lake from the shore lately. And if so how's the action? Thinking about hitting that up. Or if anyone knows of some good fishing spots from the shore around Red deer and stettler that would be awesome.

bwackwabbit
09-12-2013, 06:22 PM
The narrows will be starting to heat up in the next week as the water cools, big spoons and Bucktails "ripped" in work best for me.

As for other spots in the area
Dickson trout pond and Dam, Mirror reservoir and the North Raven have been fishing real well for me in September.

Digger91
09-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Okay awesome thanks for the input! I believe it's all catch and release out there?

bwackwabbit
09-12-2013, 07:35 PM
No problem, in the narrows yes but in the rest of the lake there is some retention as per the regs.

boroumand8
09-12-2013, 10:28 PM
The narrows and it's ends have some monsters, when shore fishing, if a boat passes by it'll scare the fish towards you and you catch a couple, just use jigs. Red deer river always has good shore fishing, same goes for chain lakes by ponoka.

boroumand8
09-12-2013, 10:30 PM
The narrows will be starting to heat up in the next week as the water cools, big spoons and Bucktails "ripped" in work best for me.

As for other spots in the area
Dickson trout pond and Dam, Mirror reservoir and the North Raven have been fishing real well for me in September.

Mirror reservoir? Is it also called spotted lake?

bwackwabbit
09-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Not sure, I only know it as mirror reservoir.