PDA

View Full Version : stop asking me whats in the nsr

BGSH
09-16-2013, 11:15 PM
before you head out to a water system for fishing before you head out it`s smart to pick up a fishing regulations book, anyone else have this problem,asking whats in this river, people asking can we keep sturgeon, walleye ect well they are fishing, such a shame, common sense to check what is in a body of water before fishing it.

Alberta Bigbore
09-16-2013, 11:40 PM
:scared0015:

ETOWNCANUCK
09-17-2013, 12:16 AM
Hey BGSH..

Is there any fish in the North Saskatchewan River?

waterninja
09-17-2013, 03:01 AM
hey shawn, can i use dynamite in the nsr? iv'e been a little bored lately just catching fish with a rod and reel and figured a few sticks of nitro would liven things up. lol.

Ruger1022
09-17-2013, 03:33 AM
Is it ok to use .22LR to hunt small game fish??

Norman
09-17-2013, 03:46 AM
I don't care what's in the NSR but can you tell me what fish are in the North Saskachewan River please? :wave:

AppleJax
09-17-2013, 05:48 AM
I don't need to ask, I've caught them all. :sHa_shakeshout:

KegRiver
09-17-2013, 06:16 AM
It may seem simple to us old hands but I remember a time when I didn't know where to look for information, on what was legal and what was not, what lived where and when the best times to hunt/fish/ext.

Rumtan
09-17-2013, 07:27 AM
stop asking me whats in the nsr

The answer is.....shopping carts, tires and bicycles !

Geezle
09-17-2013, 07:56 AM
stop asking me whats in the nsr

The answer is.....shopping carts, tires and bicycles !

Don't forget the infamous 'NSR jellyfish'! :sick:

Drop_Tine
09-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Want a tissue ... Fish hero !

AppleJax
09-17-2013, 08:10 AM
Don't forget the infamous 'NSR jellyfish'! :sick:

And the odd cadaver!

diamonddave
09-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Do you tell them about the time you caught that record breaking star fish??

npauls
09-17-2013, 08:44 AM

:sHa_shakeshout:

:happy0180:

recce43
09-17-2013, 08:48 AM
is there bass in Nsr how do i catch them

diamonddave
09-17-2013, 09:06 AM
You post pics of your mug on here everyother day with your fishing reports on the NSR and your surprised when there are people contact you thinking you can give them some advice? Sounds more like your looking for more attention than your hair gel shots are getting you:snapoutofit:

Drop_Tine
09-17-2013, 09:08 AM
You post pics of your mug on here everyother day with your fishing reports on the NSR and your surprised when there are people contact you thinking you can give them some advice? Sounds more like your looking for more attention than your hair gel shots are getting you:snapoutofit:

Now that right there is F'in funny !

AppleJax
09-17-2013, 09:13 AM

If you read what he was saying he's talking about encounters on the river. Don't see you ever adding much to the fishing forum, maybe you should go fishing.

Winch101
09-17-2013, 09:16 AM
I just done feel the AO luv....I done..:love0025::grouphugg:

BGSH
09-17-2013, 09:21 AM
No, what i mean is people should get there fishing regs before heading out to a body of water, people saying can we keep sturgeon, walleye ect... maybe there should be a course you have to take here in Alberta before you get your licence, and to all the haters hating right now, did nothing to offend anyone here so don't get your panties in a knot :)

diamonddave
09-17-2013, 09:25 AM
If you read what he was saying he's talking about encounters on the river. Don't see you ever adding much to the fishing forum, maybe you should go fishing.

I know you two are buddies, sorry to step on your toes. Just got back from fishing. Not jigging for the same walleye, in the same spot, at the same time, take pics of me and my smokes kinda fishing. This was more the walk threw the mountains to find a spot that nobody else goes, and catch a bunch of big cuttie pigs and nice big bullies. My kinda fishin:sHa_shakeshout:

BGSH
09-17-2013, 09:29 AM
I know you two are buddies, sorry to step on your toes. Just got back from fishing. Not jigging for the same walleye, in the same spot, at the same time, take pics of me and my smokes kinda fishing. This was more the walk threw the mountains to find a spot that nobody else goes, and catch a bunch of big cuttie pigs and nice big bullies. My kinda fishin:sHa_shakeshout:

Thats fun fishing to, i never said anything about you dave, why you hating, do you keep sturgeon and walleye? whats wrong with fishing at a spot that you enjoy?, yesterday i went to several different spots and loved very second of it, it's ok to be jealous man, no hard feelings bud:love0025: And Diamond Dave, thanks for the derail on the thread man.

AppleJax
09-17-2013, 09:34 AM

Congrats on your trip, honestly. Seems like you have a personal issue with his trip reports. So he fishes the same hole at the same time all the time, is that a problem? We all get out on back country adventures, just like you. I don't have to stand up for BGSH, not really my point. What I do get sick of is all the negative remarks people feel necessary to post on here. When BGSH makes his thread about his upcoming backcountry bull trout adventure this weekend, do us a favor and keep the negative remarks to yourself... AJ

diamonddave
09-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Congrats on your trip, honestly. Seems like you have a personal issue with his trip reports. So he fishes the same hole at the same time all the time, is that a problem? We all get out on back country adventures, just like you. I don't have to stand up for BGSH, not really my point. What I do get sick of is all the negative remarks people feel necessary to post on here. When BGSH makes his thread about his upcoming backcountry bull trout adventure this weekend, do us a favor and keep the negative remarks to yourself... AJ

Its all good Jax, I apologise for any hurt feelings. Shawns kinda set himself up for it and its hard to resit poking fun at him.

ineptflux
09-17-2013, 09:49 AM
my favorite reference for river fishing! ("http://www.albertafishingguide.com)

Redfrog
09-17-2013, 10:04 AM
I like BGSH's fishing reports. No doubt he knows how to fish. I love having days like he does. Where I am it isn't possible to spend two or three hours catching walleye. It takes longer than that to drive to the fishing spot and back.

Some days reading these threads is like being pecked to death by a chicken.

Lighten up guys. and if your fishing or hunting, read the regs before you go. ask the questions before you go. Just don't ask here on this hunting/fishing forum or someone will scratch your eyes out.:thinking-006:

YeeHaw
09-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Can I use anything other than black jigs or P rigs? Think im going to try hair gel insted of that Lunker Lotion I buy for sent.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

ineptflux
09-17-2013, 10:12 AM
I'm with Redfrog on this one as well - I love these reports every few days. A lot of the time it pushes me to get out that day as well! :shark:

huntsfurfish
09-17-2013, 10:38 AM

LOL - Need a new key board:)

Vigsy
09-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Everyone of u that posted some smart ***** comment really need to re evaluate your lifes, you all have way to much time on your hands. Any new guy asks a question or anything and all you office chair heros jump down their throat telling them to get regs or use the search function, its pathetic. So now bgsh says the same stuff you guys do and you jump down his throat? You guys are seriously ridiculous. Shawn doesnt say crap about anything any of you guys do, you guys fish the way you want to and back off on shawn he fishes the way he wants how he wants where he wants. Lay off. Some of ypu sure didnt get raised right and could use a tuning. Im out.

diamonddave
09-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Woa hoss, little less coffee in the AM....

Drop_Tine
09-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Everyone of u that posted some smart ***** comment really need to re evaluate your lifes, you all have way to much time on your hands. Any new guy asks a question or anything and all you office chair heros jump down their throat telling them to get regs or use the search function, its pathetic. So now bgsh says the same stuff you guys do and you jump down his throat? You guys are seriously ridiculous. Shawn doesnt say crap bout anything any of you guys do, you guys fish the way you want to and back off on shawn he fishes the way he wants how he wants where he wants. Lay off. Some of ypu sure didnt get raised right and could use a tuning. Im out.

That made no sense .. You totally contradicted yourself ! What your saying is what the OP did ....he's jumping on new guys asking his questions about the NSR , there asking him these question cause they feel he is knowledgeable about the river . Which I'm sure he is !! But yet instead of answering all the questions , he starts a thread telling people to stop asking the questions and to read the regs , of course guys are gonna jump all over this ! As stated before its about seeming he da fishing man ! No doubt he can catch fish ... I get lots of question asked about fishing and hunting I don't display a public thread saying everyone please F off and read the regs .. Look at me I'm a fishing hero cause people are pm'in me asking questions! So stop bouncing on your chair , in ur office getting ur tighty whities all knotted up ! Someone may just taking u up on that tuning challenge u displayed !

Alberta Bigbore
09-17-2013, 11:03 AM
This thread has gotten useless. And do please note.. BGSH contributes alot of pics and reports... things that alot of the forum complain that is lacking here. And... he does this with out insulting anyone... think about that.

Lefty-Canuck
09-17-2013, 11:09 AM
This thread has gotten useless. And do please note.. BGSH contributes alot of pics and reports... things that alot of the forum complain that is lacking here. And... he does this with out insulting anyone... think about that.

X2

I don't know anyone more passionate about fishing than BGSH. I rob him a bit too but I also know him and have fished with him before....and not ashamed to admit he out fished me 2:1.

LC

Wild&Free
09-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Meh, just ask them if the have a smart phone, when they say yes tell them to get online and look up the regs. Keep your line wet man.

Any big hogs recently?

riderprider
09-17-2013, 11:38 AM

I don't know the guy from Adam but I agree. When he first started posting he took a lot of heat but I actually look forward to his posts now. I get what bgsh is saying its up to each individual to know what the regs are for a particular body of water not some guy you follow on a forum. Not his job.

Drop_Tine
09-17-2013, 11:39 AM
X2

I don't know anyone more passionate about fishing than BGSH. I rob him a bit too but I also know him and have fished with him before....and not ashamed to admit he out fished me 2:1.

LC

This ain't about his lack of fishing knowledge or if he can catch fish or not ! Or his contribution to the forum !

It's about him telling people to stop asking him all these question , but isn't that what the forum is about knowledgable people helping out the new guys or the guys without the knowledge some of us may have !

But I also think it could have been miss interpretation what he really meant ! I thinking he meant and prob more directed to the people who are on the river daily and guys that should know what's going one , species ect ect to mb grab the reg and have a look at them and if you don't understand than he will answer the question and assist with some knowledge .

Alberta Bigbore
09-17-2013, 11:45 AM
This ain't about his lack of fishing knowledge or if he can catch fish or not ! Or his contribution to the forum !

It's about him telling people to stop asking him all these question , but isn't that what the forum is about knowledgable people helping out the new guys or the guys without the knowledge some of us may have !

But I also think it could have been miss interpretation what he really meant ! I thinking he meant and prob more directed to the people who are on the river daily and guys that should know what's going one , species ect ect to mb grab the reg and have a look at them and if you don't understand than he will answer the question and assist with some knowledge .

And this gives u reason to insult him?

Drop_Tine
09-17-2013, 12:08 PM

Sounded like whining to me cause he got asked to help someone !!
Sooo hmmm I guess it did , since there was a public displayed thread !

All I asked if there was a tissue needed ... Don't think that should have insulted him!

Just a little ribbing is all !

Why u so emotional ?? :)

Walleyemagnet
09-17-2013, 12:19 PM
I have a prime example of what he's talking about(I think): a couple weeks ago a group that I know went fishing at Calling. They did not too bad, kept a few walleye. I asked them what size they were. They didn't know. Asked them
if they knew how many they were allowed to keep. Didn't know this either. I asked them if they had a regulation guide. Nope. You're allowed to keep 1 walleye between 45 and 55cm. Before you go, know!

NEWB
09-17-2013, 12:26 PM
I have a prime example of what he's talking about(I think): a couple weeks ago a group that I know went fishing at Calling. They did not too bad, kept a few walleye. I asked them what size they were. They didn't know. Asked them
if they knew how many they were allowed to keep. Didn't know this either. I asked them if they had a regulation guide. Nope. You're allowed to keep 1 walleye between 45 and 55cm. Before you go, know!

I usually check the regs online before I go to a new lake or body of water. I used to keep a hard copy of them with me in the boat untill one day a nice sized jack at pigeon decided to slime them.

If one has a smart phone, one can just check out the regs online. It's very easy to use! You can point them in that direction.

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/

If in doubt still you can contact a fish and wildlife office and they can tell you what the regs are.

Vigsy
09-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Actually what i said didnt contradict itself. I said you guys do it and now he did it so why jump on him, i never said you guys shouldnt but its okay for him.

Someone may just taking u up on that tuning challenge u displayed !

I didnt just say it for funsies

Vigsy
09-17-2013, 12:30 PM
And for a little backround info, he is talking about people at the river cuz last night we were out and a group who had been fishing all day was leaving and thats when they asked him all these questions. So dont you think they should know this stuff before they go? Luckily they didnt catch anything or else they probably would have kept a walleye.

huntsfurfish
09-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Personally, I have no problem with people asking me what the regs are! In fact I would encourage it.

Should people know? Yes. Should they know where to find them? Yes.

I also try to encourage them to read the regs and get a copy for themselves.

I would never want people to not ask!!!!!!!!!!!

Part of being an angler/sportsman/hunter/outdoorsman is to help educate others.

If Best Guide doesn't want to help, that is his choice.:)

PS his op kinda rubs the wrong way as it pertains to answering questions on here. JMHO.

Drop_Tine
09-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Personally, I have no problem with people asking me what the regs are! In fact I would encourage it.

Should people know? Yes. Should they know where to find them? Yes.

I also try to encourage them to read the regs and get a copy for themselves.

I would never want people to not ask!!!!!!!!!!!

Part of being an angler/sportsman/hunter/outdoorsman is to help educate others.

If Best Guide doesn't want to help, that is his choice.:)

PS his op kinda rubs the wrong way as it pertains to answering questions on here. JMHO.

that was well said !! Thx

diamonddave
09-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Your taking this way too seriously vigsy....

"I didnt just say it for funsies"

You are implying you want to have a throw down over a couple of hair gell comments??

Ya just gotta leave your ego on the shelf before you log in, can't get that worked up about it!! It's the internet for crips sake!

waterninja
09-17-2013, 12:38 PM
don't think anyone was insulting bgsh, just having some fun with him. (i know i was).

javlin101
09-17-2013, 12:40 PM
What was this thread about again:fishing: