PDA

View Full Version : Last Night On The SSR

Walleyes
09-03-2008, 07:09 PM
A fellow I work with just bought himself a beuty of a new toy so we had to go and try it out on the river last night we went for about a 30 min run from town down to one of his favorite Sturg holes and got into some sweeet Wally fishing and one dandy Sturg.. All in total I think we put about half a dozen decent Wallys in the boat and the Goldeye kept us busy rebaiting. I couldn't beleve the amount of surface action going on, not exactly sure what type of fish were on the surface so steady but it was wild,, any possibilty it would be rockies ???

Anyways here are a couple pics..

Mikies new toy,, what a sweet ride.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/IMG_1634.jpg

A nice Wally, the pic does not do it justice I am sure this fish was pushin 5#.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/IMG_1623.jpg

And Jason's nice Sturg,, wieghed in the cradle at 16#.. Just to go along with the other thread about weight.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/IMG_1631.jpg

jesse34567
09-03-2008, 07:29 PM
nice walleye may i ask what does ssr stand for

Walleyes
09-03-2008, 07:50 PM
nice walleye may i ask what does ssr stand for

South Sask River..

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=Walleyes;180056]

A nice Wally, the pic does not do it justice I am sure this fish was pushin 5#.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/IMG_1623.jpg

[QUOTE]

What is that on the front fin there just behind the gill. Looks like an Eyeball.

redneck posse
09-03-2008, 08:34 PM
looks to be a leach there john

MuleyMonster
09-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Glad to see you are enjoying our south country fishing. Nice couple of fish.

Surface action is most likely Goldeye as they are picking up the white mayflies. Awesome fly fishing this time of year for them in the evenings. Have to remember to get out there this year. How is the boat launch at Echo Dale right now?

madatter
09-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Glad to see you are enjoying our south country fishing. Nice couple of fish.

Surface action is most likely Goldeye as they are picking up the white mayflies. Awesome fly fishing this time of year for them in the evenings. Have to remember to get out there this year. How is the boat launch at Echo Dale right now?

Have not been out there lately but it was still closed off a few months ago/too much silt/sand brought in from high water levels or something like that.
Only place to launch now is Strathcona Park and going up river from there past Echodale with a prop boat is very painful,especially for the prop!!!

And yes the goldeye are definitely hitting on top!

Drano
09-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Nice fish and boat...

Looks like you had great weather also..

Thanks for sharing.

Drano...

Walleyes
09-04-2008, 09:56 AM
What is that on the front fin there just behind the gill. Looks like an Eyeball.

Its actually a salted minnow all curled up. I was surprised they out fished the fresh ones like 4 to 1.

How is the boat launch at Echo Dale right now?

It was fine with the jet boat, a guy had to back in the water a ways with the pick up and one guy had to take off his shoes getting in and when getting out but other than that it was fine.

floppychicken
09-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Oh yeah...

Those boats are sweet. I was looking at a few of the Weldcraft models up in Nisku and they're incredible boats. Go anywhere, pull up on any surface and they are 'fast boats' too. Is that a 20' footer ?

Cheers,

/FC....

BigRackLover
09-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Nice boat (and fish)

Walleyes
09-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Oh yeah...

Those boats are sweet. I was looking at a few of the Weldcraft models up in Nisku and they're incredible boats. Go anywhere, pull up on any surface and they are 'fast boats' too. Is that a 20' footer ?

Cheers,

/FC....

Yah they are sweet boats just what my wife needed me looking at yet another boat ( got 3 in the yard now ) and to answer your question it is a 19 foot as you can see North River made in Oregon. It seems to be a very well made boat not fancy but very solid and well built with all the features that count. I would not hesitate to own one of these babys.