PDA

View Full Version : Seinors and WIN cards

CDone
09-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Does a seinor require a WIN card? Not seeing any info on the SRD site in regards to this.

Thanks
Colin

Redfrog
09-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Yes. As well as hunting licenses and permits. No charge for fishing licenses.:)

CDone
09-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks, its very vague, 'to buy a license you must have a WIN card' however there is no seinors license to buy? Oh well I'm sure dad can spare the $8.

Colin

wwbirds
09-21-2013, 03:45 PM
We had my 70 year old uncle visiting and assumed he didn't need a fishing licence but when we checked out of province seniors do need a fishing licence

CDone
09-21-2013, 04:02 PM
We had my 70 year old uncle visiting and assumed he didn't need a fishing licence but when we checked out of province seniors do need a fishing licence

Hmm, again the wording is very vague, a lot of room for mis-interpretation. Wonder how many 'non-resident Canadian seniors' purchase licences? I would have missed that one for sure.

Colin

huntsfurfish
09-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Pg 14 in the regs.

Pretty clear.

Canadian Residents - Age 16 and older - 25.66

sorry, nothing vague about that.

huntsfurfish
09-21-2013, 04:58 PM
You do not need a win card for a Senior(if you are not purchasing a licence). If you were to apply for a special walleye licence then you would need a Win card.

Surprising how many people don't read regs and or understand them.

huntsfurfish
09-21-2013, 05:00 PM
No. Need only if you need to purchase a licence or certificate. As well as hunting licenses and permits. No charge for fishing licenses.:)

Fixed it for you:)

CDone
09-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Pg 14 in the regs.

Pretty clear.

Canadian Residents - Age 16 and older - 25.66

sorry, nothing vague about that.

Well looking at this website http://mywildalberta.com/BuyLicences/FishingLicensesFees/Default.aspx
certainly leaves a lot to interpretation, why not have a section for senior in non-resident Canadian as they do above in the Alberta resident? Sorry, not arguing just seeing potential problems.

Colin

huntsfurfish
09-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi Colin.

Because 16 and up(older) covers it.

Don't think it leaves anything to interpretation. Pretty straight forward.

Clgy_Dave2.0
09-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Same here. Went to wholesale sports to get a fishing license for my father in law from BC, girl behind the counter says "oh he doesn't need one because he's a senior" .
"But he's a BC resident". She was adamant he didn't need one.

Alberta senior: no fishing license required.
Out of province senior: needs an alberta fishing license and therefore also needs a win card.