PDA

View Full Version : Am I wrong ?

H380
09-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Chatted with a fisherman at the Beaver Mines store yesterday and asked him how the fishing was . Said It was poor and I commented that now , {after Sept 1 } that all fishing in the Castle River area is catch and release , correct ? .. To which he replies that it has been that way here all season , not just after Sept 1. He indicated he was a member of the Calgary Hook and Hackle club , I was in a hurry and didn't want to argue but I don't read the regs the same as him . What's your take ?

Lefty-Canuck
09-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Chatted with a fisherman at the Beaver Mines store yesterday and asked him how the fishing was . Said It was poor and I commented that now , {after Sept 1 } that all fishing in the Castle River area is catch and release , correct ? .. To which he replies that it has been that way here all season , not just after Sept 1. He indicated he was a member of the Calgary Hook and Hackle club , I was in a hurry and didn't want to argue but I don't read the regs the same as him . What's your take ?

He might be talking about the suggestion made by SRD that anglers use catch and release this whole season down South due to the issues of the flood?

LC

BBT
09-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Castle River*from Hwy 3 upstream to West Castle River & tributaries*except Mill, Beaver Mines, and Screwdriver creeks, and Carbondale River.*June 16 to Aug. 31 – Trout limit 2; Cutthroat and Rainbow over 35 cm; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Bait Ban*Sept. 1 to Oct. 31 – Trout and Mountain Whitefish limit 0; Bait Ban*Nov. 1 to June 15 – CLOSEDupstream of confluence with West Castle River*(See South Castle River)

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/es1.html

H380
09-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Castle River*from Hwy 3 upstream to West Castle River & tributaries*except Mill, Beaver Mines, and Screwdriver creeks, and Carbondale River.*June 16 to Aug. 31 – Trout limit 2; Cutthroat and Rainbow over 35 cm; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Bait Ban*Sept. 1 to Oct. 31 – Trout and Mountain Whitefish limit 0; Bait Ban*Nov. 1 to June 15 – CLOSEDupstream of confluence with West Castle River*(See South Castle River)

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/es1.html

Thank you , that 's what I thought . Like Lefty said about the e-mail that came out suggesting all to C&R , I got that one too , but this guy seemed to know it all so I quit before getting into that .

Fishfinder
09-23-2013, 12:31 AM
I go there every summer. This year was same as last 3 yrs. I've noticed quite a trend. And I could be wrong. But doubt it. Quite a few local folk park just before campground, fill buckets, leave. Repeat next day. This is just what I have seen, and it goes on all day long. Everyday. Same trucks, same peeps.
Still love the place though.
Beaver Mines Store, best sammies this side of texas:) ok, that's a stretch...but nummy nummy:)

0liver
09-23-2013, 08:22 PM
I go there every summer. This year was same as last 3 yrs. I've noticed quite a trend. And I could be wrong. But doubt it. Quite a few local folk park just before campground, fill buckets, leave. Repeat next day. This is just what I have seen, and it goes on all day long. Everyday. Same trucks, same peeps.
Still love the place though.
Beaver Mines Store, best sammies this side of texas:) ok, that's a stretch...but nummy nummy:)

What do you mean by fill buckets?