PDA

View Full Version : Take this job and shove it!I am going fishing.

wake
09-04-2008, 04:23 PM
So our company that I have worked for the past three years decided to bring some new ******* manager in who wants to change the staff and has beel slowly weeding out old employees in favor of staff from his old job.

Yesterday it hit a boiling point with me and I told them were to go.

What better way to relax after a crap day then hit pigeon for a few hours of eye fishing....

The fishing was good and steady as usual, caught around 30 fish in 5 hours nothing big.Also noticed what may have been whitefish in big schools on the screen in fairly shallow water...Not a bad day afterall...

But man did it feel good!!!

We live in alberta were jobs abound in every corner, so next time your boss gives you his grief.Tell him,

"TAKE YOUR JOB AND SHOVE IT, I AM GOING FISHING!!!:wave:

reelhooker
09-04-2008, 04:43 PM
What you said about Calgary jobs is true. And great for employee's. Last hunting season I was told we where too busy for me to take time off for hunting. I gave my two weeks and went hunting. Apon returning I was offered my Job back, a company gas card and a raise. Then again I cant find guys to work under me for more then two paychecks. They often have no respect and feel the two days after payday are their "long weekends". Good for you. No reason to put up with BS.

Fishin' Fool
09-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Way to go, Wake!

I think most of us put up with enough crap in the 90's just to feed our families. Now, the shoe is on the other foot. All these jerks who think that giving us a paycheque means they own our soul are learning a new reality.

All a guy wants is a fair day's pay for a fair day's work. Any boss who expects/demands more than that can stuff it.

Good on ya,

FF

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
09-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Hahaha I like this Thread . TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT - THE FISH ARE BITEING .

fishman
09-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I like this thread........but i am not going to say anything about my employeer as all it would do is open up a can of worms for me and i am not going to let that get under my skin...........my job is shift work were i work 7 12 hour day shifts with 7 days off and then 7 night shifts with 7 days off........so the good of it when my good gets under my skin i can go fishing for 7 days...........lol.......yes i hear you about saying were there is lots of jobs and it is time for the working class to stand up and say i ain't going to take it anymore........but on the other hand there is a down fall to it as the labour shortage has got these companys hiring morons that want to start at the top and want max pay.......i guess this is a ying yang thing........i find when it goes in our advantage the employeer takes like 3 years to give back what he took away in one day when it was slow.......... i am suppose to shut my mouth and be glad i am working here as it is a priviledge just ask them..........he thats my rant..

redneck posse
09-04-2008, 09:08 PM
i did that three years ago after long hauling through the states for ten years took six months just slept in IN A REAL BED not a bunk in a sleeper went fishing, hunting, camping just had a lot of fun.

Shrubs
09-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Good on ya wake. Sometimes a guy just blows a fuse, I did a month ago and decided to take some time off to get my head straight. Only regret I have is not leaving a LOT sooner. Had a lot of fun fishing and doing whatever. New job starts monday.

Jester
09-04-2008, 11:07 PM
We live in alberta were jobs abound in every corner, so next time your boss gives you his grief.Tell him,

It wasn't like this 20-25 years ago..:(

But nowadays.....darn right..:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knetbVx5A-Q

Deano
09-04-2008, 11:55 PM
I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Have a job :confused: that allows me to do all the fishing I want.

Jester
09-04-2008, 11:57 PM
I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Have a job :confused: that allows me to do all the fishing I want.

You must be a Commercial fisherman..lol:)

raggmann
09-05-2008, 09:29 AM
I like your trane of thought.
My kid brother did the same thing when they wouldn't give him time off to hunt.
This thread told me I'm ready to get outta this place.
I've been doing the same basic job at a bunch of different places for 20years and feel it's time for a career change.
Anyone know who'd be hiring a rookie house builder or pref a finnish carpenter around the Stettler area?No,i'm not Finnish,I'd like to be a "finnish" carpenter.

wake
09-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Its amazing and thank-god for our economy.

I start my new old job on Monday, they were happy to see me back on the market.

As for the old boss he can keep on doing whatever it is he wishes, and I wish him luck....

But all I have to say is....:wave:

Deano
09-05-2008, 11:27 PM
You must be a Commercial fisherman..lol:)

Definitely not.