PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Kayak Fishing Alberta Get Together

Mikezilk
09-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Hey all.. For all those kayak anglers interested in coming out, we are meeting at Battle Lake on Oct 5 between 9-10 and fishing till probably 4.

I will be bringing a small BBQ out for anyone wanting to bring hot dogs or burgers for themselves.

Same as last year there will be anglers putting some money down against all takers for the biggest fish.

Most of all it is a day for us to get together and fish one last time.

Hope to see you there.

jkind
09-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Can't wait!!!

Survivorman
09-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Hey Gents,

I'm a little to late this year but hopefully you guys do this once or twice next year. I'm an Alberta newbie and will be picking up a Wilderness Systems kayak this winter.

Please post some pics if you have any! Or I might get the bug and pick up a kayak earlier than I though.

Survivorman

Fil_Can_Yakker
09-27-2013, 09:36 AM
See you guys @ Battle Lake:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

Mikezilk
09-29-2013, 08:18 AM
Survivorman. If you are interested in coming I can bring a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 out for you to use. I have a couple kayaks and am more than willing to bring an extra for you to use. Have enough Gear for quite a few fishermen. Only 3 kayaks. So far. Let me know. I will bring the kayak home from the acreage today so I can load it up for the weekend if you want to use it.

Plus I put this get together on every fall now and we also have an actual sponsored tournament every summer as well.

waterninja
09-29-2013, 11:52 AM
this one sounds interesting. was going to dickson dam last year for kayak tourney till it got moved due to oil spill. hope you guys have good weather and if possible i'll be there with my canoe.

Mikezilk
09-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Ninja. We were at Dickson this year too. Was a good tourney minus the flooding causing a lot of anglers to not be able to come. Hope to see you there

Mikezilk
10-04-2013, 08:15 PM
I will bring an extra kayak out just in case anyone wants to come out. I will be at the launch at 9 gearing up to go.

waterninja
10-04-2013, 08:23 PM
darn darn darn. had to be a day when esks have home game. have other commitments. hope you guys have good weather and the fishings good.

RavYak
10-10-2013, 11:20 AM
A few pictures from the day. Unfortunately we didn't have that many people show up but man was it a beautiful day out there. Dead calm and as warm a day as a guy is going to get this time of year.

No monsters, Jim came first with 25.5 in, Mike 2nd with 25 in and myself 3rd with 24 in.