PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Open Creek Campground?

Rascal4now
09-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Trying to find pictures or information and can't find anything. I know where it is and how to get there but would like some visual. Opinions? Clean? Quiet? Boat launch? Overall opinion of what the campground is like?

Bill L
09-28-2013, 09:04 AM
http://www.rimbeyfishandgame.com/Open-Creek-Campground.html

Mike Oxbig
09-28-2013, 09:07 AM
I can't comment too much on the campground itself but the lake is nice. There's a boat launch (electric only) and benches on the north end if you want to shore fish.

I was out about a month ago and the fishing was good. I was drifting leech pattern flys and wooly buggers and picked up quite a few on the west side. I didn't catch any keepers but it was still fun

fish99
09-28-2013, 09:54 AM
was not their this year but other years in spring i would some of the old broad that is stock that time of year. if the wind mills are working the fish over winter and their are some nice fish in the spring. electric motors or rowing for boats, good shore access to fish from. camp ground is quite and has 2 different sections to it. cheers and luck.

Rascal4now
09-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks. I do know of this site but what I really need are some pictures so I can get an idea of what the place is like. Trying to decide where to go for my 6 days off.

http://www.rimbeyfishandgame.com/Open-Creek-Campground.html

Rascal4now
09-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the info. I appreciate the feedback

QUOTE=fish99;2132818]was not their this year but other years in spring i would some of the old broad that is stock that time of year. if the wind mills are working the fish over winter and their are some nice fish in the spring. electric motors or rowing for boats, good shore access to fish from. camp ground is quite and has 2 different sections to it. cheers and luck.[/QUOTE]

Rascal4now
09-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks very much for the feedback

I can't comment too much on the campground itself but the lake is nice. There's a boat launch (electric only) and benches on the north end if you want to shore fish.

I was out about a month ago and the fishing was good. I was drifting leech pattern flys and wooly buggers and picked up quite a few on the west side. I didn't catch any keepers but it was still fun

Red Bullets
09-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Fisheries do release some of the bigger broodstock trout (5 to 7 lbs) in Open creek. I think about 60 per year along side the regular stockings.
Quiet whenever I've been there.

Might I suggest Fickle Lake south of Edson. Caught some nice fish there in the October. Trolling a 5 inch silver subsurface rapala behind the canoe I caught a 8 lb. whitefish. Some bigger pike to be had too. Lots of small walleye. Better water quality than open creek. Every time I have been there there were only one or two campers around. Around Fickle you are in an area where you can fish a stream or two too. Grayling in the Fickles tributaries too.

MrDave
09-29-2013, 08:20 AM
Thanks. I do know of this site but what I really need are some pictures so I can get an idea of what the place is like. Trying to decide where to go for my 6 days off.

Took a look thru my phone but no picks. What info are you looking for? I know the place too well.
The old creek channel runs along the south bank. Fishing is easy for everyone. Lots of hiking trails. Play ground for the kids. Quiet at this time of year.
New caretakers this last year, so some changes since we camped there last fall.

fish99
09-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Trying to find pictures or information and can't find anything. I know where it is and how to get there but would like some visual. Opinions? Clean? Quiet? Boat launch? Overall opinion of what the campground is like?

found a couple pics of open creek