PDA

View Full Version : Crawlleye

sanjuanworm
10-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Had a great last weekend @ Crawling and learned how to bottom bounce with huge success. 10 fish over 4lbs, some small ones but one 5lb. I'm dying to find the bigger ones. Any walleye over 10lbs in this lake?

http://i.imgur.com/PPGi5TO.jpg

npauls
10-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Beauty.

Keep it up and you will be fishin the SAWT next season!

TROLLER
10-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Had a great last weekend @ Crawling and learned how to bottom bounce with huge success. 10 fish over 4lbs, some small ones but one 5lb. I'm dying to find the bigger ones. Any walleye over 10lbs in this lake?

http://i.imgur.com/PPGi5TO.jpg

Many over 10 have been caught and released.

My personal best was few years back at 37 inches so I am sure it was over 10

Saw a guy measure up a 38 1/2 so I don't know what the weight would be but somewhere in the 12 plus my guess.

walleye guy
10-04-2013, 09:56 AM
38.5 " walleye in Alberta ( come on get real thats 98 cm ) that would probably be 20lb's

fishermansfriend
10-04-2013, 10:27 AM
38.5 " walleye in Alberta ( come on get real thats 98 cm ) that would probably be 20lb's

dont be a hater... theres tons of big eyes in alberta and even more people that dont think there are..

o well more for those who can get em!

wags
10-04-2013, 11:47 AM

Why not?

Moefoe
10-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Saw a dead Walleye opening week belly up across from the boat launch, it had to be in the mid 30's...my largest fish I caught was just under 33", 12.7 lbs, this fish was quite a bit bigger!

oilngas
10-04-2013, 06:36 PM
As above, info would be appreciated. Is the campground closed, it was supposed to be finished on the 30th of Sept. assume you used one of the "other" launches???

sanjuanworm
10-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Campground closed.

sanjuanworm
10-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Does that mean they close the boat launch down as well?

walleye guy
10-04-2013, 09:11 PM
lets just make our fish storeys at least believable. Most fish length to weight conversion chats stop at about 35 in and 16 lb.
Look at this page http://largestfreshwaterfish.com/world-record-walleye/

sanjuanworm
10-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Boat launch is open. I called.

TROLLER
10-05-2013, 03:11 PM
lets just make our fish storeys at least believable. Most fish length to weight conversion chats stop at about 35 in and 16 lb.
Look at this page http://largestfreshwaterfish.com/world-record-walleye/

20 post and you don't think people can catch large walleye.

I was also at CV one summer when fisheries was tagging fish, guy told me they tagged a pike that measured over 60 inches. wonder what it weighed? Got a chart for that?

Several walleye over 30 caught all the time. This is not Pine Coulee and I don't think much of the charts cause you can catch a 35 walleye and they don't come anywhere near 16 lbs.

walleye guy
10-06-2013, 12:26 PM
don't really understand what 20 posts has to do with our conversation are you telling me that the more posts you put up makes your opinion more credible ? There is no doubt in my mind that plenty of large walleye are caught in Alberta. I have caught plenty myself and witnesses many more. What I am saying is I do not believe there is a 38.5" walleye alive in Alberta and probably not anywhere in North America . Lets be realistic. to steal a saying from another members profile." I have probably caught more fish than you have lied about" !!

rapala76
10-06-2013, 01:58 PM
don't really understand what 20 posts has to do with our conversation are you telling me that the more posts you put up makes your opinion more credible ? There is no doubt in my mind that plenty of large walleye are caught in Alberta. I have caught plenty myself and witnesses many more. What I am saying is I do not believe there is a 38.5" walleye alive in Alberta and probably not anywhere in North America . Lets be realistic. to steal a saying from another members profile." I have probably caught more fish than you have lied about" !!

X2

TROLLER
10-06-2013, 06:35 PM

Next time I see a guy land a big fish and yell over what is the measurement I will be sure to call him out as a big liar. Then I can report back that I caught a guy telling a fib about the fish he just measured.

If you look back at a few post you will even see a walleye our Rolling Hillbilly beached in the ssr that was 37. Wonder if that fish he sent back could ever grow any bigger? Most likely not cause as you stated not a fish bigger than that in N America:)

Now :snapoutofit:

BeeGuy
10-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Biggest pickerel I have caught is 34.5". That's the biggest I have seen as well.

I have no doubt they get larger.

Some uninformed responses here.

Alberta Bigbore
10-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Beauty fish congrats!!

BeeGuy
10-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Beauty fish congrats!!

Looks delicious!

JohnnyD
10-06-2013, 08:25 PM
You guys should search on google "Bay of Quinte". That place has monster walleye!

Secret coulee
10-06-2013, 09:27 PM
I have caught 100's and 100's of Walley in southern AB lakes,and lake newel as a primary and have got very anal in the fall to catch giants in the bow,red deer and ssr river and caught a few in the 31.4-32.4" and sawt tournamernt and whats been caught there for a bunch of years all released fish.except my first 32" that I mounted and been tryin my guts out for a lot of years now to catch a 34" to do my next replica mount.only one guys life long accomplishments I realize.but come on people every body Cary's a cell phone or a camera in the last 10 years here and if you take the time to measure these fish because you realize just how special of a fish you have caught,the first thing you think about is catch and realese record and who is taking the picture.it would be greatly appreciated to see a Walley picture of my dreams so I now I ain't wasting my time lol,when people talk lengths that destroy records and it's all talk common,the old saying goes its only a story till its in the back of the pick up truck or any kind of proof For that matter

fishermansfriend
10-06-2013, 11:00 PM
lol at gettin a 32'' mounted...

ill wait for my 36"

kritofr
10-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Nice fish Dave, too bad I wasn't feeling well enough to join you today. Thanks for the invite though

It seems like this thread is a little derailed, hope people can really focus on what is important about the fishing, not so much about size and quantity but maybe you have the chance to get out and enjoy what Mother Nature has to offer?

sanjuanworm
10-07-2013, 08:13 AM
We pulled 68 wallys in yesterday biggest being 2.5lbs. I got into a 10lb pike too which was a surprise on the jig.

pinelakeperch
10-07-2013, 07:01 PM
There are without a doubt ten pounders in Crawling. I've caught them around 7 pounds on shore. I also am pretty skeptical of 39in Walleye, sorry guys.

Kyle
10-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Next time I see a guy land a big fish and yell over what is the measurement I will be sure to call him out as a big liar. Then I can report back that I caught a guy telling a fib about the fish he just measured.

If you look back at a few post you will even see a walleye our Rolling Hillbilly beached in the ssr that was 37. Wonder if that fish he sent back could ever grow any bigger? Most likely not cause as you stated not a fish bigger than that in N America:)

Now :snapoutofit:

LOL! I don't think you realize sizes on fish at all? 37" and 38" walleye? 60" pike? That is comical...:sign0161:

You say that Wayne caught a 37" walleye and I see he posted that his PB was a 33" walleye. A 33" walleye is huge, but it is WAY off 37". Hell, a 34 inch walleye is a WAY bigger fish than a 33". Keep trolling....

pinelakeperch
10-09-2013, 11:48 AM
LOL! I don't think you realize sizes on fish at all? 37" and 38" walleye? 60" pike? That is comical...:sign0161:

You say that Wayne caught a 37" walleye and I see he posted that his PB was a 33" walleye. A 33" walleye is huge, but it is WAY off 37". Hell, a 34 inch walleye is a WAY bigger fish than a 33". Keep trolling....

No kidding. While a 37 or 38in walleye is comical, I can't say I'd be surprised if SOMEWHERE there was a 60in pike cruising the depths...

pinelakeperch
10-09-2013, 11:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/dJO8t9ql.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VkKgovcl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dnJ91jil.jpg

We got these in Crawling a few weeks back. Sorry about the picture size.

walleye guy
10-09-2013, 07:41 PM
some walleye anglers who understand the expediential weight to length growth of big eyes
thanx guys

TROLLER
10-09-2013, 08:14 PM
If what you are trying is to make yourself out to be an expert, sorry not working

Next time I see a guy with a nice fish I'll remember to call him a liar about the size and weight.

Guy asked about larger fish at CV which I don't even know you have fished, I answered, then get a @@$ trying to dump on me.

Been fishing CV since it had Gerrards and when the Walleye were the size of PCR walleye. Would venture a guess of over 3000 hours on that lake so I feel pretty good about commenting on size. BTW next time I see the fisheries out there tagging fish I'll make a point of telling them to their face that they lied to me about a certain pike. Won't that make you feel real good knowing I called the guy a liar.

Maybe it is time to move onto a new subject, seems most the guys are not posting anyway. Waiting on hard water and out hunting. :snapoutofit:

walleye guy
10-09-2013, 08:30 PM
the more you post the more of an expert you make me look. Thanx for that!

BeeGuy
10-09-2013, 09:57 PM
some walleye anglers who understand the expediential weight to length growth of big eyes
thanx guys

Expediential weight to length growth?

What is that exactly?

I've never heard of that before.

walleye guy
10-10-2013, 06:01 AM
just an attempt to explain that as the fish grows and matures the difference in weight compared to length gets larger and larger. say the difference between a 10" fish to a 12" fish would be a few ounces at most but between a 30" to a 32" could be a couple of pounds and then a 32" to 34" might be 5 pounds or more. Or as they grow their length increases much more slowly compared to width and girth and weight. Expediential is a mathematical term and is spelled incorrectly as it is what the spellchecker gave me,sorry should be spelled exponential

calgarygringo
10-10-2013, 06:30 AM
I have fished CVR for many years and we have caught a fair amount of wallys in the 8-10 lb range. Mostly in summer and fall but a few on the ice as well. Lots of pike there and bigger burbs that we have caught too but nothing in the monster variety. Also fished it way back before walleye and pike for the monster rainbows too. They were really weird. Small heads with football bodys and huge. I think they just gorged themselves on the shrimp and were growing machines. I have no doubt there are bigger walleye and pike than we have caught there but you need to go hunt them down.