PDA

View Full Version : bait trapping in sw calgary

oceanADDIKT
10-05-2013, 10:50 PM
hey guys I was looking to catch some minnows in my bait trap in sw Calgary got everything I need but I have only caught one minnow :sHa_shakeshout: so any tips or tricks would be awesome.

"if the oceans die we die"

fishpro
10-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Where in SW Calgary are you fishing? Is it a public or private lake? The reason I ask is that there are no public places in Calgary where the use of traps is allowed for collecting bait fish.

WayneChristie
10-06-2013, 01:43 AM
Here we go again

bubba 96
10-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Where in SW Calgary are you fishing? Is it a public or private lake? The reason I ask is that there are no public places in Calgary where the use of traps is allowed for collecting bait fish.

Wrong.

oceanADDIKT
10-06-2013, 10:31 AM
anywhere really would be awesome I am in the glamorgan are anywhere near there?

WhitefishLady
10-06-2013, 10:48 AM
As I understand you are allowed to collect baitfish with minnow traps anywhere there isn't a bait ban. That means most streams you can't trap for bait.

"The collection of bait fish is not permitted in waters having a bait ban or restriction on the use of bait fish, and in some other specified waters (see each Fish Management Zone for regulations)."

What are you using for bait? I work in fisheries and cat food works great!

fishpro
10-06-2013, 10:51 AM
As I understand you are allowed to collect baitfish with minnow traps anywhere there isn't a bait ban. That means most streams you can't trap for bait.

"The collection of bait fish is not permitted in waters having a bait ban or restriction on the use of bait fish, and in some other specified waters (see each Fish Management Zone for regulations)."

What are you using for bait? I work in fisheries and cat food works great!

That's correct. Also anywhere there is a ban on the use of bait fish, even if bait is allowed.

oceanADDIKT
10-06-2013, 10:57 AM
most of the time I use cat food with some bread the bread acts like chum I find

fishpro
10-06-2013, 11:17 AM
most of the time I use cat food with some bread the bread acts like chum I find

Even then you're not allowed to trap for bait fish if there's a ban on the use of bait fish. Just a heads up.