PDA

View Full Version : trout near Lac La biche?

LacLaBicheNS
09-07-2008, 06:52 PM
tired pike on LLB itself.. few small ones.. fun to get out though..

any trout around LLB? If so what kind and where? and techniqes?

sorry forgive me for asking so many quesiorns.

stinkynuts
09-07-2008, 07:48 PM
as far as i know there is not mush in the lacla bicth area mostly perch pickeral jacks are the target fish i have never herd of any one targeting trout there i have been fishing the area for 12 years i am not saying there are none but like i said i have never seen them or heard of trout in the lake around laclabicth hope this helps you

jesse34567
09-07-2008, 08:32 PM
i did some research and it states that there are trout in those waters

i for techniques i would try small jigs or anything u would use in the bow like small mepps spinners our panther martins well work

GOOD LUCK!

LacLaBicheNS
09-07-2008, 08:43 PM
I think I'll wait till I have time to make a trip to some better areas if theres not much around me right now. I on;y have time to go out for an hour or two every so often right now..

thanks guys

beermilk
09-08-2008, 09:22 PM
theres a cool book thats released every year cant remember the name right now but it lists off a bunch of lakes and ponds around alberta its really good tells you how to get to them what fish are in there limits and size expections for some.

maybe someone on here can remember the name? told me about all kinds of little creeks and stuff around fort mac. i am sure Lac la biche is in there too

fishman
09-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Trout lakes

Mile 12 lake down the conklin road......never fished it tried mile 18 years but don't stock it any more
bellis lake over by bellis about 50 miles from you....lots of small fish odd bigger one
George lake over by st paul....suppose to have some nice fish, not sure if they stock it anymore as i don't go over that area anymore as my parents use to live in Lac la biche
Also there is a lake just outside of bonneyville going west close to the golf course that u can see from the road has huge bows in it and also there is a lake out by crane lake that is stocked with bows........going towards esso cold lake plant.....never fished it though.
Also i think Boyle has a stocked pond.............ALL THESE PLACE ARE WITHIN A HOUR TO A HOUR AND A HALF FOR YOU.............hope this helps