PDA

View Full Version : Illegal camping?

alltoys
10-07-2013, 11:55 AM
I went fishing on Saturday to a lake north of Athabasca there at the boat launch was a camper set up for camping right next to the launch. He was obviously a hunter with his family as they had their quads on the beach and a makeshift fire pit near the water. No sign of a boat that I could see. It was a tight squeeze to unload my boat mind you I made sure I was noisy enough to wake them up. The camp sites are not that far from the lake he had spent the time to back up his unit into a narrow area it would have been easier to put it in the right spot.

It's to bad we don't have enough Fish and Game officers to better police our water and gaming areas.

Also is it legal to unload and load quads in a Government campsite?

EZM
10-07-2013, 05:12 PM
That's kind of like the guys who park their trucks and trailers right by the launch inconveniencing everyone else around them.

Sometimes the "courses" these idiots make reminds me of Canada's worst drivers - where you are forced to do a 5 point turn while backing your boat up because some jerk is lazy to walk 100 yards.

Sometimes I wish I had a piece of crap truck with a giant bush guard ........ Canada's worst drivers .......lol .......

Wes_G
10-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Define government campsite? I have never been up that way. If its a provincial park or provincial recreation area then yes, it is against the law to be driving quads around in it.

alltoys
10-08-2013, 09:45 AM
" Yes" Provincial Recreation Area!