PDA

View Full Version : Hey JRS

dodger
03-03-2007, 05:57 PM
How did the fishing go at Lost Lake. I have not been there in about 6/7 years. I know it can be a riot with the smaller Pike but I have never caught anything bigger than 5 lbs.

jrs
03-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Howdy Dodger,

I was out there for 4 hours yesterday and between three of us we recieved 0 hits/fish. I think it was due to the weather. The water is looking really nice and clear and theres lots of water in the lake. I'd like to get out there again. We used to catch some very nice size pike by the gas well/ point and tried there yesterday. I'd say if we can get a couple cloudy kind of cold days its well worth the try. I find the warm sunny weather usually really slows down the shallow lakes pike bite. Sure saw enough coyotes running around on the lake to make up for the lack of activity on our tip-ups. Should have brought my 223 but it was a good show anyways. I went out to traverse for a few hours after Lost Lake and had one hit on a small perch/whitefish setup, the wind was really starting to pickup by that time so we headed home. Really nice weather up till then however. Have you been having some luck anywhere lately?

dodger
03-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the report :) I have not been out since last weekend. I did have a good day at Little Bow. Looking at the weather this week I expect the shorelines might start getting a little soft by next weekend. Hope to get out soon, if not it is time to start getting the boat ready for May.